Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Engineering Sniper / Saboteur Gunslinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Class Changes: Engineering Sniper / Saboteur Gunslinger
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darthanimus
07.03.2017 , 12:01 PM | #11
Now you need to look at the immunities of melee classes. With the dps dropped on eng/sabo, classes that have superior mobility and stun immunity with be too advantaged now!

Just in case you still don't know to what specs I am referring I shall spell it out!

Concentration/Fury Scrapper/Concealment.

A new approach to balancing PvP effectiveness would be

Effectiveness = DPS/Time - Mitigation of damage taken/Time (Mobility + defenses + immunities + Self healing + Stealth + etc).
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

Sargrith
07.03.2017 , 12:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthanimus View Post
Now you need to look at the immunities of melee classes. With the dps dropped on eng/sabo, classes that have superior mobility and stun immunity with be too advantaged now!

Just in case you still don't know to what specs I am referring I shall spell it out!

Concentration/Fury Scrapper/Concealment.

A new approach to balancing PvP would be

Damage Taken/Time - Mitigation of DPS (Mobility + defenses + immunities + Self healing + etc).
Concentration's damage is already lower than the target for it. Its not pitiful but its low. I would like to know how the three gunslinger/sniper builds parse now.

Darthanimus
07.03.2017 , 12:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sargrith View Post
Concentration's damage is already lower than the target for it. Its not pitiful but its low. I would like to know how the three gunslinger/sniper builds parse now.
They can mitigate a lot of CCs, stuns and slows in PvP. That is the hallmark of an effective class. DPS is at target on the aforementioned specs.
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

matthobbit
07.03.2017 , 12:14 PM | #14
Can you change the corruption/seer nerfs to something more reasonable like these ones?

Sargrith
07.03.2017 , 12:15 PM | #15
They can mitigate a lot of CCs, stuns and slows in PvP. That is the hallmark of an effective class. DPS is at target on the aforementioned specs.
Were do you get they are at the right place? There is nearly a 5% difference between the two spec's. One might be at the right place, both cannot be.

Espically since concentration is suppose to be 2.5% higher then scrapper but is currently 5% behind it.

Aetideus
07.03.2017 , 12:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Below you will find the upcoming changes for Engineering and Saboteur coming in Game Update 5.3.

Great and fair changes. Maybe 15% reduction on railgun would be more fair. 20% is too much.

XhrisShan
07.03.2017 , 12:20 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Silense View Post
" Engineering / Saboteur was swimming in too much energy" & "We didnít like that Engineering / Saboteur players might sometimes need to choose between using Takedown / Quickdraw to deal damage or Snipe"

Pretty sure whoever wrote these statements doesn't know how to play engi/sab.
Exactly. I have an Excel spreadsheet open right now showing a detailed breakdown of resource use for all DPS specs, and even with a basic attack in the Sabo/Engi rotation it's still a net loss (moreso if noone in your raidgroup can apply the Marked debuff, so you have to do it yourself with Vital Shot/Corrosive Dart). Seriously, especially after the other posted class changes, it's like these guys go out of their way to show how little they know about resource management.
Once again, reposting an earlier suggestion I made for this aspect of the spec:
Quote: Originally Posted by XhrisShan View Post
Engineering/Saboteur has resource management issues; have Imperial Methodology/Insurrection be tied to Series of Shots/Speed Shot ticks, not Cluster Bomb/Contingency Charge detonations.
THAT SAID, the other changes I consider good.

XhrisShan
07.03.2017 , 12:29 PM | #18
Also, they keep saying "dw guise, these changes aren't final" but not once have they responded to feedback in the threads. So devs, when are you gonna keep that promise?

Darthanimus
07.03.2017 , 12:30 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sargrith View Post
Were do you get they are at the right place? There is nearly a 5% difference between the two spec's. One might be at the right place, both cannot be.

Espically since concentration is suppose to be 2.5% higher then scrapper but is currently 5% behind it.
You obviously know some crap sentinels then, I know soem very talented ones and trust me the dps is not lacking, by any ones standards.

Red Eclipse

Sargrith
07.03.2017 , 12:33 PM | #20
You obviously know some crap sentinels then, I know soem very talented ones and trust me the dps is not lacking, by any ones standards.
I know the actual numbers, not some random well I think they are ok feelings.