do you think they will continue the Arcann romance?(Sith Warrior spoils)

DarkLordAnubiss

do you think they will continue this Arcann romance in the next expansion? i romanced Arcann with my Sith warrior BUT i just finished the newest part with her and found that my light Jaesa wants to start a romance. since you couldn't romance light Jaesa in the past i sort of want to do it now but that will cancel out Arcann's romance and i have no one else that did that. I don't want to have to go through the entire story again just to find out both sides. so do you think they will continue Arcann's romance or just keep it at that one scene?

While we can't be sure of anything about romances, i'd say that considering Arcann is available to anyone who has not killed him, while LS Jeasa is only available to SW who got her LS, there is probably a higher chance to get new content for Arcann than LS Jaesa.

So far all romances old or new who are class specific and came back via AA and not through the main storyline received only their return AA as romance content.

Edited by Goreshaga

No, I don't think they'll actually continue any of the romances aside from Lana, a little bit of Theron, and maybe if we're lucky all the other neglected LI taking turns getting one stray comment or flirt in every once in a blue moon. Basically if you're not romancing Lana, you're not playing the game the way the devs intended.

No, I don't think they'll actually continue any of the romances aside from Lana, a little bit of Theron, and maybe if we're lucky all the other neglected LI taking turns getting one stray comment or flirt in every once in a blue moon. Basically if you're not romancing Lana, you're not playing the game the way the devs intended.

Considering in "Hearts and minds" both Theron and Koth got a little bit of romance while it seems Lana did not, a part of me wants to hope that they finally understood that not everybody is interested in romancing Lana, and that they will not focus solely on Lana's romance.

But a part of me is still worried they will actually focus only on her, which would clearly suck for anyone not interested in her.

Considering in "Hearts and minds" both Theron and Koth got a little bit of romance while it seems Lana did not, a part of me wants to hope that they finally understood that not everybody is interested in romancing Lana, and that they will not focus solely on Lana's romance.

But a part of me is still worried they will actually focus only on her, which would clearly suck for anyone not interested in her.

Wow, Lana's not even mentioned in the question and yet she gets complained about, out of nowhere. One just has to laugh at the obsession at this point.

Let's see. There have been [flirt] options with seven different characters on Ossus and Dantooine who are not Lana (Jonas, the Miralian male Jedi, Daerunn, Tau, Anri, the two NPCs on Dantooine). There have been three new mini-romances with people who are not Lana (not sure Khem counts as a person, but anyway, 2 1/2). Lana didn't get any romance in Hearts & Minds (and hmmm, unlike other people, Lana's fans were mature enough not to throw endless screaming tantrums on the board about it) and Arcann and Theron got romance moments in Nathema. So yeah, obviously they will only focus on her.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Wow, Lana's not even mentioned in the question and yet she gets complained about, out of nowhere. One just has to laugh at the obsession at this point.

Let's see. There have been [flirt] options with seven different characters on Ossus and Dantooine who are not Lana (Jonas, the Miralian male Jedi, Daerunn, Tau, Anri, the two NPCs on Dantooine). There have been three new mini-romances with people who are not Lana (not sure Khem counts as a person, but anyway, 2 1/2). Lana didn't get any romance in Hearts & Minds (and hmmm, unlike other people, Lana's fans were mature enough not to throw endless screaming tantrums on the board about it) and Arcann and Theron got romance moments in Nathema. So yeah, obviously they will only focus on her.

Well, i was not the one who mentioned her in the first place, and i certainly never said she should not have romance content, just that i hope she doesn't get more than anyone else, at the very least not more than the other LIs who are available to any PC, as i would already consider myself lucky if i ever receive a short mail from Vector (and the same probably apply to any other LI who is class exclusive, which in itself is already sad).

And [flirt] with random NPCs you may very well never meet again is different than actual romance content with already existing LIs.

My guess would be that they throw random [flirts] to see what character players would be more interested to eventually romance, but so far it's nothing more than that. In itself, it was even annoying at one point in a dialogue with Tau as i had to chose between 3 options i didn't like (one was pretty much "i'm so happy to be reunited with the Jedi, the [flirt] i didn't want as that character was already in a romance i have no intention to end and a "what would you do without me"... beh, i wish i could've had a "i'm happy i could help the Republic" which would sound more neutral and less like "i so want to become a Jedi again" which clearly doesn't fity that character at all.

That being said, considering she aldready had more romance content than other LIs during KOTFEET+ (not more than all LIs combined, but clearly more than them individually), got also romance content during Nathema (as much as Theron and certainly more than Arcann), and got 2 romances scenes all to herself during Ossus (and AFAIK she was the only LI to receive more than 1, but i could be wrong on this one as i did not romance any of the returning companions), it would've been slightly misplaced (not sure it's the right way to say it in english, if not, then i'm sorry for that) to complain that she did not have romance content during Hearts and Minds (though i already said that this one surprised me as i really thought Lana, Koth and Theron all had a little something there as they were all present during the meeting)

Anyways, the question was about Arcann and LS Jaesa, and my first answer was just about the 2 of them, saying that Arcann being available to anyone was the more likely of the 2 to receive more content, and no one else.

And, now, i don't even know what i'm saying anymore (maybe slightly silly things), and i should just go to sleep as i'm quite tired (and sorry if i did say very stupid things)...

Edited by Goreshaga

Well, i was not the one who mentioned her in the first place, and i certainly never said she should not have romance content, just that i hope she doesn't get more than anyone else, at the very least not more than the other LIs who are available to any PC, as i would already consider myself lucky if i ever receive a short mail from Vector (and the same probably apply to any other LI who is class exclusive, which in itself is already sad).

I'm wondering why anyone needs to sit there with a balance sheet counting every scene to ensure that every companion gets the exact same number of kisses or whatever. It's not equal in the class stories. If you romance Quinn (excuse me, Malavai, LOL) or Aric Jorgan you have them for most of the game but if you romance Felix Iresso he only turns up at the very end of Chapter 2 and has far less content. If you want to romance Lana and you're Republic in SoR you get much less time with her and vice versa for Theron on the Imperial side. If you're F/F you get nothing at all except Lana and two mini romances. It's never been fair.

From Iokath on, there have been some segments where Lana's had more (Ossus and Iokath), some segments where Theron has had a little more (Umbara and Hearts & Minds, plus more flirts in KOTET) and companions who had less than both of them (Koth and Arcann). You would think it would be possible to be happy when someone else's romance gets something but we both know how that goes here.

I also know you weren't the one who originally brought up Lana, so my ire really isn't directed at you, but I am wondering why there was a need to go on about it at all. I fully expect that some people here will feel the need to whine and scream about every nanosecond of time she gets in 6.0 and count the lines to make sure Theron gets as many as she does.

As far as the romances, we both know Bioware doesn't care about the class story romances and anyone romancing them will be lucky to get a letter or see them onscreen for two minutes. That's unfortunate and frustrating, and I wish it were different for you all. Koth and Arcann possibly might have something IMHO, since there's been pressure to add both romances.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I feel like Koth was the one who got the ball for a brief moment but when (if) another non-Lana, non-Theron love interest gets a flirt or romance snippet it wont be Koth, the next neglected companion will take a brief turn and then we wont hear from them again for real world years if ever. I've given up hope that we'll get any kind of real romance content from the huge cast of neglected non-Lana love interests, hell at this point I've given up hope that they'll stop slapping us in the face with Lana at every turn and shoehorning her into every possible scene. My favorite vanilla romance was Vette and I don't think we'll ever hear from her again romance or no.

Poor Arcann got literally two short conversations and that's it as far as romance. I think it's as likely that we'll get more Arcann romance content as it is that the Khem Val "romance" LS Jaessa romance or any other one conversation re-recruitment "romance" will be fleshed out or continued.

I'd love to still have some hope but I just can't T_T