Will 2.0 change CC'ed then you was dead

Zajfien

:p

will changes in 2.0 bring back the battle or will it stay like is where we spend

so much time in the great state of CC? i would so like to see the days of

of chain cc from the first door in voidstar to the bridge come to an end :eek:

and the being choked, thrown, flashed (might as well have a drink while waiting

for this to end) ..then dead. rinse & repeat

Less CC / More Fight

I came back to SWTOR after many months hoping things improved. I was dissapointed that my WZ experience is exactly how you described it. I have cancelled once again and it makes me very sad. I know many of my friends left prior to 1.2 because of this (among other issues). It is just not fun at all for me. I hope they do fix it. I may give SWTOR another look again in the future but time is running out for me I may never even bother.

Add time to kill and gimmicky OP abilities (like smash spec) to that but I think you have the biggest problem highlighted

Seems like a simple fix to me:

Simply allow some defensive powers able to be cast when stunned. Not sure why Bioware thinks being naked on top of not being able to attack is a fair mechanic.

Hint Bioware: YOU ALREADY CAN'T DO ANYTHING WHILE STUNNED! Why punish the us pure bastages further?

:p

will changes in 2.0 bring back the battle or will it stay like is where we spend

so much time in the great state of CC? i would so like to see the days of

of chain cc from the first door in voidstar to the bridge come to an end :eek:

and the being choked, thrown, flashed (might as well have a drink while waiting

for this to end) ..then dead. rinse & repeat

Less CC / More Fight

Sorc players - ahhh ma gad if i can not stun, marauders will kill me snif snif QQ.

Snipers - I have NO tools to kill melee, just my 4sec stun, please don't take it from me...

Assassin - I'm so squishy running in tank spec + DPS gear T_T warriors will faceroll me.

Powertech - I can not kill without my 2 stuns, I need 2 stuns because I'm a weak class. 2 STUNS, I have 2 stuns which not break on damage.

Scoundrel - I'm squishy!!! Dodge it's to avoid Smash, right? I need my 4sec stun to run away because I have no gap close.

Mercs - T_T

Mara/Sent and Jugg/Guardian - muahaha!!

Seems like a simple fix to me:

Simply allow some defensive powers able to be cast when stunned. Not sure why Bioware thinks being naked on top of not being able to attack is a fair mechanic.

Hint Bioware: YOU ALREADY CAN'T DO ANYTHING WHILE STUNNED! Why punish the us pure bastages further?

This should solve most of the QQ. But BW is adding several new abilities that are usuable while stunned. Force barrier for example.

Sorc players - ahhh ma gad if i can not stun, marauders will kill me snif snif QQ.

Snipers - I have NO tools to kill melee, just my 4sec stun, please don't take it from me...

Assassin - I'm so squishy running in tank spec + DPS gear T_T warriors will faceroll me.

Powertech - I can not kill without my 2 stuns, I need 2 stuns because I'm a weak class. 2 STUNS, I have 2 stuns which not break on damage.

Scoundrel - I'm squishy!!! Dodge it's to avoid Smash, right? I need my 4sec stun to run away because I have no gap close.

Mercs - T_T

Mara/Sent and Jugg/Guardian - muahaha!!

What's the 2nd "hard stun" for Pyro powertechs?

Every time I play PVP in this game I fell like being raped from behind by brutish thugs.

I have never seen so much amount CC in any game, period.

BioWare will no longer have my money, ever, and they have lost the sliver of respect I was still holding for them.

Soon, the only PvP'ers left will be lolsmashers and bubble stunners.

Have fun.

The cc in this game is fine as it is. If they reduce any of it we will just have boring healing/dmg zerg fights which sucks.

Try to pick your fights instead of complaining about cc all the time.

what am i supposed to say? " sorry Mr. Smasher i want to choose my fight, so please don't jump on

me and use all your cc & interrupts so i can find a fight that i want to be in." No healer gets to pick

his/her fight, it comes to them & they have to deal with it :rolleyes:

& with healing/dmg fights at least peeps are getting to play. i for one do not enjoy spending

most the time unable to do anything with my toon. cc'ed over 7x in one fight for a node is plan KrAzY :eek:

Just my opinion Less CC :D More Fight

Here are some ideas that could help..

1. 20s invulnerability to CC after one wears off.

2. All CC that lasts more then 3s is broken on damage.

3. No CC while stealthed. Stealth should lock out CC, and it should stay locked out for at least 3s after the player comes out of stealth. When I stealth can keep 2 players CC'ed at a node indefinitely, you know stuff is broken.

4. No class should get more then 1 stun that lasts more then 3s.

5. Root should count as CC.

6. Pull/knock back should count as CC for resolve/cc lockout. It also shouldn't be allowed when you have resolve/cc lockout.

Some ideas, dunno if all are necessary... but they would help the CC issue.

I'm pretty sure my pulls and knockbacks says immune rather often, due to CC immunity.

And really, if you jump right in, head on with no helmet, in to a group of bloodthirsty imps/pubs, you should be CC'd to death.

Yes, there's a lot of CC in this game, but I don't think I've ever complained about it, ever.

When I read these threads it's like, holy **** I get CC'd every 2 seconds!

Yes, I'm a shadow and can sneak around like the panty thief I am, but the amount of time I can remain stealthed without being a burden to my team is small really.

Just my opinion though.

Oh and, my sap works 2 times on one target, after that their immune to it, and if said person I'm trying to sap doesn't use some kind of AoE after 2 saps, they are dumb as hell.

The cc in this game is fine as it is. If they reduce any of it we will just have boring healing/dmg zerg fights which sucks.

I understand what you mean by CC and you're dead but it's a team game, there's 7 people on your team to help you out and if its not happening then you need to work as a team more

One thing I noticed is 2 things maxes out empire bars, and I need to be stunned or knocked around 3-4x to get immune.

Solution:

If you are stunned, you are immune to stuns for 15 seconds

If you are knocked back, you are immune to knockback for 15 seconds.

If you are spell interrupted by interrupt or stunned ability, (force choke) immune for 15 seconds.

And YES the empire would be subject to the same game mechanics.

Edited by evilmoka

what am i supposed to say? " sorry Mr. Smasher i want to choose my fight, so please don't jump on

me and use all your cc & interrupts so i can find a fight that i want to be in." No healer gets to pick

his/her fight, it comes to them & they have to deal with it :rolleyes:

& with healing/dmg fights at least peeps are getting to play. i for one do not enjoy spending

most the time unable to do anything with my toon. cc'ed over 7x in one fight for a node is plan KrAzY :eek:

I have a sorc, sniper, scoundrel and juggernaut (with tanking gear only) but nice of you to jump to the conclusion that i am a smasher. And i agree on the part that smash is retarded and should be nerfed, but removing cc is just not the way to go.

It sounds like you are fighting most of your fights alone or not getting any support. Blame your team and not the cc then (sigh).

I have a sorc, sniper, scoundrel and juggernaut (with tanking gear only) but nice of you to jump to the conclusion that i am a smasher. And i agree on the part that smash is retarded and should be nerfed, but removing cc is just not the way to go.

It sounds like you are fighting most of your fights alone or not getting any support. Blame your team and not the cc then (sigh).

no i wasn't coming to the conslusion that you were a smasher. used them sense they have extreme utility. they can control the fight to such an extent that i am unable to counter 99% of what they throw at me.... and i have slipped away to have to deal with the same cc's cuz they are on such a low cd ... and/or try to servive smash x3 along with other abilities that hit like a truck. i am not saying there should not be CC but i am saying there should not be Chain CC :o

what am i supposed to say? " sorry Mr. Smasher i want to choose my fight, so please with healing/dmg fights at least peeps are getting to play. i for one do not enjoy spending

So much this.

no i wasn't coming to the conslusion that you were a smasher. used them sense they have extreme utility. they can control the fight to such an extent that i am unable to counter 99% of what they throw at me.... and i have slipped away to have to deal with the same cc's cuz they are on such a low cd ... and/or try to servive smash x3 along with other abilities that hit like a truck. i am not saying there should not be CC but i am saying there should not be Chain CC :o

Ah ok my bad then. Either way we are going to see a reduce in cc since they are changing the bubble stun. But I dont think they have done any changes to resolve on ptr so the same cc chains will remain.

This is what happens when you crap ideas while on the *******.

3. No CC while stealthed. Stealth should lock out CC, and it should stay locked out for at least 3s after the player comes out of stealth. When I stealth can keep 2 players CC'ed at a node indefinitely, you know stuff is broken.

6. Pull/knock back should count as CC for resolve/cc lockout. It also shouldn't be allowed when you have resolve/cc lockout.

Let's see:

6. Already in the game nugget.

5. No. Roots govern the kite game between melee and ranged.

4. Why because your mara only has the 3 second choke? Go buy some grenades Scrooge.

3. Yes and while at it give them a wakizashi so they can fall on it upon exiting stealth. And no, you can't keep even one player CC'ed indefinitely. 16 seconds top if his CC breaker is on CD.

2. YEAH big difference from the 4s ones we have now.

1. Mind numbing, don't care to comment.

Play different classes, learn the game, then come here to propose changes. Two problems with the CC status now. First, stun bubble doesn't add correctly to resolve. Second, over-lapping CCes don't fill the resolve bar by poor design choice from BW.

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

no just... no what would be the defense from range classes against derp mellee trains?

CC is my fight. It's out of control in this game and I'll advocate ANY changes to reduce it's overpowering impact on PvP. It's more frustrating and caused more cancelled accounts than the games poor performance has.

There is (typically) NO strategy in CCing opponents. There is NO fun in being CC'd. CC's don't make gameplay better. CC's are simply used as a way to hold a player defenseless as they're pummeled to death.

Stuns should apply a 75% damage reduction and all roots need to build/adhere to resolve.

no just... no what would be the defense from range classes against derp mellee trains?

That makes no sense. If you have a flipping train of melee DPS after you, you'll die with or without stuns. And my "ranged" stun is only usable at 10m.