That feeling...

Lhancelot

You get when you waited all day to PVP, queue for WZs, finally get a pop and load into the map only to find it's Odessen Proving Grounds. ***** ME!!!!! I HATE THIS MAP!!!!*

Why? That's one of the funnest maps. *smh* You're the ones that when I get in one, we get the 30 sec to abort message till more ppl log in. >.>

Why? That's one of the funnest maps. *smh* You're the ones that when I get in one, we get the 30 sec to abort message till more ppl log in. >.>

It depends on my mood. I usually leave it, unless I feel like not PVPing, running mods around a PVP-less map, and avoiding PVP. Then it's the perfect WZ.

It’s Pvp RNG, LoL

Yeah we should have seen it as such, wow. I never thought of it that way but that map is indeed RNG pvp.

I have had that map before, and played it proper running mods and literally not ran into an enemy the entire time.

I just avoided heavy areas got lucky with open node mods, opened them up and sat on them till the next round began. Then, got lucky again with open mod etc. That's not a PVP map!

I like it more than any other map.

It's pvp RNG insofar as it's a gamble that anyone else will know how to play it properly. I consistently get high scores on objectives playing it, so clearly it's not all that random.

This wouldn't have been on SS, would it? I got it last night around the time you made this thread and three or four players immediately quit before the match. We won easily anyway.

That feeling you get when you queue for a Flashpoint, and you get Hammer Station for the third time in a row, the same day! :p

Just third time in a row? Come on man, three times Hammer Station aint bad!

Of all the PVE dungeons HS used to be my favorite, I liked the neat personalized HS weapons and gears it dropped. Same with Athiss, it had neat blasters.

But yeah, too much of anything is a bad thing. lol

Edited by Lhancelot

You get when you waited all day to PVP, queue for WZs, finally get a pop and load into the map only to find it's Odessen Proving Grounds. ***** ME!!!!! I HATE THIS MAP!!!!*

Better than Huttball... I stopped pvping and went to Revelation Online for a little while, because I end up getting caught in a infinite Huttball queue loop every time I queue for PvP.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

Just third time in a row? Come on man, three times Hammer Station aint bad!

Of all the PVE dungeons HS used to be my favorite, I liked the neat personalized HS weapons and gears it dropped. Same with Athiss, it had neat blasters.

But yeah, too much of anything is a bad thing. lol

Athiss is only a problem because of that damn shortcut. I manage to get the jump without getting stuck maybe 1/3 of the time.

It depends on my mood. I usually leave it, unless I feel like not PVPing, running mods around a PVP-less map, and avoiding PVP. Then it's the perfect WZ.

Hmm... lately it's been crazy with the opposite team not even doing objectives but zerging & killing players. So TONS of PvP just not for the map.

Either way I like it. Think I've won the last few times I've gotten that map.

It's def better than any huttball...especially Vandin. Ugh.

Yeah we should have seen it as such, wow. I never thought of it that way but that map is indeed RNG pvp.

I have had that map before, and played it proper running mods and literally not ran into an enemy the entire time.

I just avoided heavy areas got lucky with open node mods, opened them up and sat on them till the next round began. Then, got lucky again with open mod etc. That's not a PVP map!

That map is designed for smaller skirmishes in multiple areas. Unfortunately, Almost everyone rather have 6v6+ fights and therefore do not play that map properly.

Do not hate a map based on the fact the majority of players refuse to play it properly. RNG exists but is easily negated for the most part if you know how to play the map as a team.

That map is designed for smaller skirmishes in multiple areas. Unfortunately, Almost everyone rather have 6v6+ fights and therefore do not play that map properly.

Do not hate a map based on the fact the majority of players refuse to play it properly. RNG exists but is easily negated for the most part if you know how to play the map as a team.

Well, that's the problem though. The maps actually encourages "bad" behavior on the part of the players. I have to blame the dev team for the design of their maps first before I blame players for how they play the map as well as how players are rewarded (or not) for proper objective gameplay.

I would argue with incentives people would actually play objectives and not do total deathmatch 3000 every time, especially on specific maps.

They could design many facets of the game to better incentivize player behaviors but they don't seem to really look that deep into their own game to care enough to make improvements in this area.

For instance... Why not give actual titles for opening Voidstar doors so many times, or grant titles for other objectives performed completed in the WZs? Imagine how many people would be trying to open doors, flip nodes, guard nodes if you got special rewards for these activities?

Edited by Lhancelot

People like different stuff. Before Huttball destroyed pvp for me, I absolutely loved Odessen. Seriously. I enjoyed all the maps but HB. It was fun to get a green one and sneak to another area and open a new spot for the team. I think those mods added a whole other dynamic to it.

But, as long as there's one HB map, I shall never go back. :)

That feeling you get when you queue for a Flashpoint, and you get Hammer Station for the third time in a row, the same day! :p

LoL, that feeling when you queue for pvp and you pop your 8th HB style map in a row. (I’ve had it happen) and after playing 20 pvp matches that day, it turns out that 14 of them were HB.

Dude, if you want to feel some 8th lvl queue hell, come queue pvp. There is a 33% chance you will always pop a HB, but realistically, you’ll probably pop a higher percentage of 44.89% (I know, I tracked it for 3 months)

Well, that's the problem though. The maps actually encourages "bad" behavior on the part of the players. I have to blame the dev team for the design of their maps first before I blame players for how they play the map

Can you elaborate on how the maps encourage "bad" behavior? What is "bad" behavior to you, and how do the design of the maps affect the mentality of a player?

When i go into a wz, i have a pre-set plan and what i should do to best help win the match, initially. As the warzone progresses, you see what composition they have, where they are going, how they choose to allocate their resources and i try and react accordingly. At no point in a match does the map change my mentality since the map is a constant and does not vary.

Can you elaborate on how the maps encourage "bad" behavior? What is "bad" behavior to you, and how do the design of the maps affect the mentality of a player?

When i go into a wz, i have a pre-set plan and what i should do to best help win the match, initially. As the warzone progresses, you see what composition they have, where they are going, how they choose to allocate their resources and i try and react accordingly. At no point in a match does the map change my mentality since the map is a constant and does not vary.

Yeah in my post there I explained how the game could add incentives to actually play objectively.

Like reward players with titles. Have a title for planting a bomb in Voidstar 100 times, etc. Stuff like that would actually give people a reason to play objectively and if they had titles for most wins, percentage of wins versus losses, most losses, they could add lots of different titles for all the different activities that happen in the WZs.

They could also have unique sets of armors as rewards for people that play objectively... once a year tally up everyone's stats regarding objective gameplay and then offer armor sets to these players only. They could figure out the logistics of how to reward players I just haphazardly put this together but you get the idea.

Incentives would encourage better gameplay from the players. By removing all incentives from lowbies and mids all the way to top level PVP in 70s regs has only served to make players not care if they win or not.

I bring up lowbies and mids, because that's an example of how BW removed all incentives from PVPing in the lower tiers and how it directly affected the life of those tiers in the game... Removing WZ comms gained in lowbies/mids removed any purpose to queue those tiers, and then the other part that put the bow on top of it was when they added instant lvl 70 tokens.

Instant 70 tokens negate any reason to level up so that killed a lot of the lowbies/mids PVP population, too. PVP used to be a very fun and good way to level up your characters, now the most common tactic is to use a instant 70 token and skip any leveling at all. Lowbies and mids are a ghost town now, and this is stupid because you want the lower levels to actually be thriving, not avoided and despised by veteran players. New players coming in are greeted by this...?

Yeah in my post there I explained how the game could add incentives to actually play objectively.

Like reward players with titles. Have a title for planting a bomb in Voidstar 100 times, etc. Stuff like that would actually give people a reason to play objectively and if they had titles for most wins, percentage of wins versus losses, most losses, they could add lots of different titles for all the different activities that happen in the WZs.

They could also have unique sets of armors as rewards for people that play objectively... once a year tally up everyone's stats regarding objective gameplay and then offer armor sets to these players only. They could figure out the logistics of how to reward players I just haphazardly put this together but you get the idea.

Incentives would encourage better gameplay from the players. By removing all incentives from lowbies and mids all the way to top level PVP in 70s regs has only served to make players not care if they win or not.

I bring up lowbies and mids, because that's an example of how BW removed all incentives from PVPing in the lower tiers and how it directly affected the life of those tiers in the game... Removing WZ comms gained in lowbies/mids removed any purpose to queue those tiers, and then the other part that put the bow on top of it was when they added instant lvl 70 tokens.

Instant 70 tokens negate any reason to level up so that killed a lot of the lowbies/mids PVP population, too. PVP used to be a very fun and good way to level up your characters, now the most common tactic is to use a instant 70 token and skip any leveling at all. Lowbies and mids are a ghost town now, and this is stupid because you want the lower levels to actually be thriving, not avoided and despised by veteran players. New players coming in are greeted by this...?

I guess you could include in that sort of sick feeling: Having to use the ignore list in game due to all of the negative garbage in general chat.. BUT the good news .. is that it works. So that helps. I've also found that it works pretty good for the forums as well !

Along those same lines: that sick feeling when you realize that the only way to get through a favorite part of the game is to traverse a very narrow passage OVER an area where acrophobia gives you a headache !!

:eek:

Been there … done that !!

:D

Along those same lines: that sick feeling when you realize that the only way to get through a favorite part of the game is to traverse a very narrow passage OVER an area where acrophobia gives you a headache !!

Yeah I like to do the datacron hunt and on the parts where you are traversing lines high above everything, I like to look down, and then spin the camera all around it really affects me like I am really there lol. Makes me feel dizzy.

idk how common this is on other servers, but on SS it's very unlikely anyone under 70 will do any pvp besides death matches. So that's a problem for stuff like huttball, Odessen, and hypergate. The rest are fairly straightforward, and of course only brandspanking newbies will have this problem, but it does encourage bads. I don't think that's BW's fault though - there aren't enough people playing in the lower tiers for anything besides death matches, unless it's 2xp.

I like huttball, all of them except Queshball [it screws with my sense of direction] and there's no match I really loathe. I'm not fond of Yavin though, mainly because it pops more than the others imo, and because it's difficult to call incs - going back to players not knowing the match, if I call incs for Jungle or Relics, well, the newbies don't know where that is, Left and Right is irrelevant, we don't use directions for that map either, so it's a pain. Odessen has that problem too - hardly anyone calls incs, and hardly anyone responds to incs.

Edited by Ardrossan