Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

EricMusco

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I would really like some feedback on is the state of the codex!

When can we expect this to be updated and fixed so that it is possible to complete. For us completist out here and those with ocd in particular :D I can assure you it drives us mad :mad:

For example a year on and the way i see it I have yet to finish the starter planet for any of my characters as the codex tells me there are things missing! very frustrating I can assure you PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS

same here, please fix it Bioware?

Liked the State of the Game, especially if everything holds true. Noticed that there will be several systems in the RotHC. Glad to read that. Open World PvP taking a back seat? Eh, ok, I can wait, but I would love to see this get some attention eventually.

Does nobody think that teaming with someone on Makeb, that hitting that option and winning the roll over someone else will work out well? Does the person who thinks it will not be bad know what goes on in general chat in this game?

Actually, I have noticed that in the game currently, if you are in a group where a flirt option appears in a planetary quest line (Darth Lachris, for instance), you will not get a flirt option at all or at least, you don't get the option to take her up on it. So this could potentially be a way to avoid flirt options if it works like it has in the past.

Edited by chuixupu

Lovely, more cryptic words and phrases. Does EAware take customer service classes from the CIA?

Since this is based in the KOTOR timeline I'm just going to pretend I read this...

*We are taking space missions off rails and will be adding new PvP and FP/Ops missions based on fleet battles and planetary attack/defense objectives. We are also excited to announce the legacy system will now allow you the option of recoloring/reshaping the outside and inside of your starship as well as naming it. Making it truely unique and yours.

*8 new swoop racing tracks will be available on so and so planets. Visit your local swoop race promoter on the fleet, practice your technique and timing and when you are ready compete against friends and rivals alike for personal glory, rewards and titles! We will be having weekly ranked tournaments all leading up to an end of the "season" race between the best of the best for galactic bragging rights! Did we mention you can tweek and upgrade your swoop bike?

*We are actually giving you a reason to visit your local cantina other than gaining rested XP. New Pazaak tables have opened up around the galaxy and a call has gone out to gamblers and card sharks alike to test their skill and luck at the table! Play against NPCs to learn your craft then test your new found skills against other players and enter tournaments for big credits, prizes and titles! Search the galaxy for that one card that will give you the edge! You never know if random thug #214 has that card you have been wanting until you kill him, right?

And we wanted SGR options for companions, but, whatever. :(

Edited by Serens

still no plans for the ailing APAC servers Jeff ?

Awesome job getting the hopes of the APAC community up when you addressed us in your first State of the Game address.

...and then right on queue, top marks for spitting in all of our faces with no update for this Population Crisis on the Oceanic servers in this update.

Are we that unimportant you?

Mr. Hickman you do know that one of the primary jobs of an Executive Producer is to help an endeavor MAKE MONEY right? So when you are hemorrhaging subscribers due to failure to achieve promised outcomes, lack of content, and a falling level of belief in your development team, coming back with ABSOLUTELY NO NEW INFORMATION, NO timelines, NO concrete promises, doesn't HELP you make a profit. It HELPS aid people in their decision to unsub. The opposite of what your job is supposed to be.

I wish you'd spent the 3 minutes typing this up working on the game. Because then maybe you would've actually put 3 minutes into the game.

Awesome job getting the hopes of the APAC community up when you addressed us in your first State of the Game address.

...and then right on queue, top marks for spitting in all of our faces with no update for this Population Crisis on the Oceanic servers in this update.

Are we that unimportant you?

You seem really determined to find any insult in that. Especially since the APAC situation was spoken of not that long ago.

Mr. Hickman you do know that one of the primary jobs of an Executive Producer is to help an endeavor MAKE MONEY right? So when you are hemorrhaging subscribers due to failure to achieve promised outcomes, lack of content, and a falling level of belief in your development team, coming back with ABSOLUTELY NO NEW INFORMATION, NO timelines, NO concrete promises, doesn't HELP you make a profit. It HELPS aid people in their decision to unsub. The opposite of what your job is supposed to be.

I wish you'd spent the 3 minutes typing this up working on the game. Because then maybe you would've actually put 3 minutes into the game.

Yeah, because people here react so well if BW has to change their timetable for any reason. I believe "liars" is the most popular choice of words. Seriously, after the ranked warzones situation I can't believe anyone thinks BW is going to even THINK about giving dates until they're sure it's written in stone.

Instead of wasting resources for same-gender romances, the team would be better to invest more in a reasonable open-world PvP.

Otherwise, it's sad to see how little has been done in the last year.

I just hope that SWTOR will someday be an MMO, currently it is still a very big single player RPG with optional multiplayer features, and this after more than 12 months on the market.

Edited by Baerschke

As far as the expansion goes, please don't go the route that the other popular MMO goes every time there is an expansion, and feel like you have to totally redo talent trees and points.

Quoted for seconding. Please don't have frequent large-scale restructuring.

Right now, however, the game has been running quite some time with only minor rejuggling of the skill trees so that the designers probably see where things diverged from where they should have gone and are using the opportunity to do a larger roll-up. This coincides with the end-game gear and itemisation restructuring, so it will hopefully create a more sustainable, balanced environment that does not necessitate a(nother) round of revolutions ;)

I just hope that SWTOR will someday be an MMO, currently it is still a very big single player RPG with optional multiplayer features, and this after more than 12 months on the market.

No offence meant, and with quite some understanding for the emotion, but if you want to play a "true" MMO, you should probably look somewhere else :( It is highly unlikely that SWOR magically turns into a vastly different game during its lifetime. It is a story-driven "single-player MMO", and IMO fairly good at that.

Edited by Laurreth

Did anyone say it would change? But what's your point. Sorry to tell you but adding SGR won't make it -worse- either. Just because the flirt option is in now presented to you for men when your a man and women when your a woman... doesn't mean that people will inherently be -more- inclined to be perverse because of it. Maybe a few mentions here and there sure but just because it hasn't been there in the past doesn't mean they haven't made such comments anyway. If you believe adding SGR is going to make it worse? I think you're the one living in a dream.

Fact is general is general. There will be trolls. It's a fact of life. Only way to improve it would be to remove it entirely. SGR won't inherently make it worse. It's not something I want either. If ya can't handle general chat, turn it off.

It will give them more ammo to use against other players. If you don't understand that, welcome to Fantasy Island.

What about post character creation customization changes? Like going from body type 2-> 3, hair style, color etc. Sometimes you want to just fix a mistake you made with your characters appearance.

Ah yes. Bioware adding the "barber shop". We've dismissed that claim. (reference another BW game)

Seriously, that is something people been asking for before the game was even released and BW does not care enough about it apparently.

I'd have added a scar or two to show the battles a character had going from a young level 1 to a battle tested 50.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Why would you put in SGR when you haven't given new items for the people who bought CE? Plus I bet 90% of the players would never want you to waste time with SGR ever...

Pretty sure SGR has been a hot topic since launch? The world has changed my friend, time to adapt to it. As for getting more items on the CE vendor; they lied, we will simply have to get over it.

Ah yes. Bioware adding the "barber shop". We've dismissed that claim. (reference another BW game)

Seriously, that is something people been asking for before the game was even released and BW does not care enough about it apparently.

I'd have added a scar or two to show the battles a character had going from a young level 1 to a battle tested 50.

You would think they could add something like this to the CM. It would be nice, as you say, to add scars and things like that.

New Flashpoints? Betting they just add HM of Athiss and the like.

Sure we've got Titans of Industry and the Imperial Warlord but that's only 2.

We've got another 2 Operations which will probably go like this:

SM/HM S&C

NiM TFB

NIM S&C

SM/HM DM

NIM DM

and then? Nothing, because that's all they had planned at launched and they haven't come up with any new stuff that hasn't been datamined.

Awesome, good stuff coming. I can't wait. Been subbed since headstart, I've only completed 3 class stories, so much to do. I can see with the pace EA is releasing new content that I'll be here for a long time, barring some P2W crap, which I hope never happens.

Keep it coming, here to a new year!

No Open World PvP = Bioware's "engineers" FAILED yet again at optimizing the engine.

It's pretty darn obvious - the ONLY reason that there is no open world pvp is the hero engine. It has NOTHING to do with game design.