Chapter 9, Relax in the Cantina...... not working

MnaSIdhe

So I am probably very late to the party.

When I try relaxing in the Cantina.... nothing works any more...

My Google-Abilities suggest several methods for getting around the problem.... but none have worked yet.

:(

Is there a list of things one has to do to be "properly" flagged?

You have to go into the cantina, not just the room before it. You may need to walk around until you get to a spot that triggers the story. Also make sure you aren't actively in another chapter or alert --- only one can be active at a time.

You have to go into the cantina, not just the room before it. You may need to walk around until you get to a spot that triggers the story. Also make sure you aren't actively in another chapter or alert --- only one can be active at a time.

It starts loading and ... suddenly doesnt go any further. Cant see my character or move.... but I can see people running around. I am not in any other active quest, chapter or alert.

It starts loading and ... suddenly doesnt go any further. Cant see my character or move.... but I can see people running around. I am not in any other active quest, chapter or alert.

Try hitting escape key that sometimes gets around the auto load issue. Then you might need to renter area or hit play on the mission log at the top right.

Try hitting escape key that sometimes gets around the auto load issue. Then you might need to renter area or hit play on the mission log at the top right.

Hitting the escape key returns me out of this... but the next attempt to start it ends the same way...... :( The dialogs simply do not load....

Hitting the escape key returns me out of this... but the next attempt to start it ends the same way...... :( The dialogs simply do not load....

Well if that and relogging don't help then you need to submit a ticket. I got through that scene fine but you might have just unluckily caught a bug. You might be able to reset the quest that might help.

Well if that and relogging don't help then you need to submit a ticket. I got through that scene fine but you might have just unluckily caught a bug. You might be able to reset the quest that might help.

I found several posts back from 2015 about this bug... but the threads end with "fixed" without giving any tips.

Ive reset the chapter... loaded in and out.... let all the conversations and that cringey speech play without pressing the spacebar....

as far as I have read.... this bug happens when the 4 alliance people (Dr oggurub et al) are talked to in the wrong order....

Submitted a ticket.... waiting for response... will post a response if I get it.

I found several posts back from 2015 about this bug... but the threads end with "fixed" without giving any tips.

Ive reset the chapter... loaded in and out.... let all the conversations and that cringey speech play without pressing the spacebar....

as far as I have read.... this bug happens when the 4 alliance people (Dr oggurub et al) are talked to in the wrong order....

Submitted a ticket.... waiting for response... will post a response if I get it.

Just reset the mission then and talk to the four people in the order provided.

IIRC, there was a clickable panel on the wall near the jukebox. Have you tried clicking that to initiate the next part? I played through this just a few weeks ago and everything worked fine for me.

Yeah, I found the panel, and it did not help :(

Thanks for answering!

Just reset the mission then and talk to the four people in the order provided.

I reset the mission and did that. It did not change the problem....

Now....... today for some reason (as opposed to 2 days ago) resetting the mission does not return me to the beginning (with the long cut scene of Jedi and Sith working together.....) but just to the start of the "Relax in Cantina" part.... so no chance to talk to the four :(

I reset the mission and did that. It did not change the problem....

Now....... today for some reason (as opposed to 2 days ago) resetting the mission does not return me to the beginning (with the long cut scene of Jedi and Sith working together.....) but just to the start of the "Relax in Cantina" part.... so no chance to talk to the four :(

Just an FYI, there's another relax in the cantina scene in kotfe XI and it's also bugged. There's an intercom that is supposed to get the cutscene but it's not lit up. Simple solution is just log and try again.

I had this problem I lowered my graphics, abandoned the chapter and then redid the previous chapter. Then it worked for me. Customer service always says reset the chapter, they will almost never help for a 1 off issue. I suspect what worked was abandoning the chapter completely and redoing the previous chapter (no I did not enjoy redoing the previous chapter) and letting the game progress naturally.

How do I know? I submitted a ticket stating that I could not go on and they said I should reset. it's a little bit more than just a reset.

Be sure you clear any active phases that you may have once you abandon the chapter.