Is Biochem Wasted on a Raiding Toon?

Aerithel

So I've just hit 50, and had for a while lined myself up to level up Biochem by the time the "nerf" hit, making the reusable consumables worse than Exotech. I figured the items would be useful while in HM FPs and Ops, and an additional perk would be providing my own crafted consumables to my alts, as well as crafted implants (blue sub-50, purple at 50). Considering my two alts are around Level 12 and on DK, my main appeared to be in the best position to level up a crafting crew skill all of my characters would benefit from.

That said, I'm stuck on whether or not it's entirely wasted being on a raiding toon rather than my primary alt, a Sith Assassin, whom I'll be leveling as a tank. What real benefits would having Biochem as a raider provide? Do you get scolded for using reusables on progression content? As a Sniper, are there really any useful alternatives available to me, particularly in light of having force-user alts?

I love certain aspects of the crew skills system BioWare implemented (particularly having companions craft and complete missions for you), but I simply can't figure out what is or isn't "right" or wasteful. (I'm sure someone will jump on me over that "right" comment.)

Thanks guys.

From a raiding perspective, Exotechs even after the buff to the number of them crafted are crazy expensive for anything except cutting edge progression.

In most cases, people will be perfectly fine with you using biochem re-usables that are only a little bit worse.