De Scoundrel pain..

Przemo_No

Can’t help this, really – leveling Scoundrel as my last rep character is so much pain and takes ages.

Not to mention being constantly underleveled for planet quests, always end up the previous one 1 level less that the next starts. Trying to compensate by FPs but it takes literally AGES, to que, especially as DPS. Do not seem to see anyone doing Collicoids and Red Reaper anymore. Yesterday I was in que for some 2,5 hours and it did not pop up.

I saved some nice gear (from my IA but that’s only lvl 55- did not think it would be necessary to save almost every possible armoring and mod for leveling. This actually never happened previously I had no issues being Assassin, Shadow, Vanq, Jugg, and Operative. What the heck is with Scoundrel?

I also hardly play any WZ with this class, found that I am incapable of making any serious damage (despite of being on DPS tree) again on contrary to other classes I have played. Really not sure what I am doing wrong.

Ahh and besides, the Scoundrel story… really not an impressive one. Saw and heard ppl complaining about Consular or Trooper, but both are actually excellent and fit to the whole “universe” while Smuggler’s hardly keeps my attention.

I kept it to the very end, as my last SWTOR story to develop, but ufff…..have a hard time to do it.

Anyone with the same feelings?

And I am already scarred about 55 content. All that queues for HM FPs and Ops…

I am over level for every single alt I level anymore, at the very least 4-7 levels higher than each planet I visit. I was 55 when I finished my operative class story, the other day. I have to disagree about the PvP thing as well. Damage operative was the first class I played pvp with, and I thought it was awesome, did great damage. I would suggest leveling it as a healer, keep it healer for warzones. Plus you should get flashpoint queues quicker, and if you are under level you can heal yourself and companion. It has got to be the best class I have played as healer in pvp.

I liked the smuggler story. :D

Edited by MeinChurro

I had no problem with my scoundrel level or gear-wise, but I didn't really do any flashpoints or pvp at all, just the usual planet stuff (KDY was likely not even a gleam in a dev's eye at that point). Trying to do my gunslinger now is the problem, based on the starter mails I left in the inbox she's 484 days old and just hit level 40 last week. My issue isn't the story, though, it's just leveling burnout I think.

I actually kinda like the story, more than some others for sure (Consular and Knight were okay, but wouldn't want to go through them again any time soon).

Flirting with Darmas Pollaran just to hear Corso's farmboy "Ewww!" was kinda funny. And, the smuggler story is the only one that comes to mind where you get to force feed a grenade to a hutt :rak_03:

Edited by Macarrin

............. I would suggest leveling it as a healer, keep it healer for warzones. Plus you should get flashpoint queues quicker, and if you are under level you can heal yourself and companion. It has got to be the best class I have played as healer in pvp.

that's something I am afraid of. Being a healer. Seeing all that people screaming at me because I did not heal them to full or did not notice someone was dying. I have no issues being a tank, but never dare to be a healer.

I could potentially start new char and do healing exclusively to learn it, but .. that would be too much. I just cannot do that anymore. I have enough characters to experience the game in full.

Mind you that i am talking about Scoundrel here.

My Operative experience was more than fine.

Still Shadow and Assassin rulez :)

Now I start to think I am perhaps burned a bit. Almost 2,5 years everyday in a game for 2-3 hrs. hmmmmmm

that's something I am afraid of. Being a healer. Seeing all that people screaming at me because I did not heal them to full or did not notice someone was dying. I have no issues being a tank, but never dare to be a healer.

I could potentially start new char and do healing exclusively to learn it, but .. that would be too much. I just cannot do that anymore. I have enough characters to experience the game in full.

Mind you that i am talking about Scoundrel here.

My Operative experience was more than fine.

Still Shadow and Assassin rulez :)

Now I start to think I am perhaps burned a bit. Almost 2,5 years everyday in a game for 2-3 hrs. hmmmmmm

I have NEVER complained about healers in pvp but that's cuz I'm not an elitist but still when I see healz of any kinda "I look to the heavens and kiss my own cheek"

smuggler is my least favorite of the TOR stories. I probably wouldn't have made a second one if not for the fact that I adore operative/scoundrel healing and there is no option to change my slinger to scoundrel, so new alt it is. but... for all my meh feelings about the story, I never had any issues with running out of things to do or actual gameplay mechanics.

you are skipping planetary quests aren't you

Does it get better? I really enjoyed chapter 1 but the finale was just so bleh. I kind of lost the urge to play after

killing Skavak

My personal opinion is that the spoiler is the high point of the Smuggler story, but rolling a second toon (a Scoundrel, no less, to keep it on topic) that better fit how they "keep you in" for Chapters 2 & 3 made it a more pleasant experience than my frst time through it (on a 'Slinger).

Having leveled both a Scoundrel Healer and DPS Operative, my opinion on both is that they don't really start to shine in either role until the late level 30's, early level 40's. So I preach patience, because after that point, they rock.

The smuggler story was by far my favorite. (Scoundrel is my preferred class btw ) The male smuggler is the character in game that whos personality is pretty much EXACTLY like my personality irl. Like me, he's a cocky & wisecracking with just a hint of arrogance. He flirts with nearly every female he comes in contact with. Doesn't hav much love for law enforcement or authority of any kind. But for all the bluster, he's actually got a good heart. Not to mention he gets to hang out with a wookiee! :D

As far as the story goes.....it's exactly what you'd expect of a smuggler imo

Chapt 1 sees you.....

getting revenge on the punk who had the nerve to deal your ship, and set you up to take the fall

Then in Chapt 2

you find out the "good cause" you think you're helping is actually something sinister

And finally in Chapt 3

YOU become king of the underworld

While it does have its drawbacks and some points where the story falls flat, overall it's my fav story.

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

I've leveled 2 smuggers to lvl 55. All I did was fp and pvp to level my scoundrel and it was so cool ^^ mostly because I was a healer, the fp Q was fast and pvp was fun. Got a lot of mvp votes and thanks after a match for my heal :D.

When I got to lvl 55, I was surprised that I beat SnV hm with my scoundrel and not on my main 1st ( he's my 3rd character) . Then some friends from another guild asked me to heal for their raid group. That was more than 1 year ago, now my scoundrel is my main and I have changed my role from dps to heal thanks to him. I have all 3 healer classes but scoundrel is still my favorite.

I've tried scoundrel dps too, it was easy and fun to steal the aggro sometimes as I love to watch the tanks squirm :p

EDIT: The smugger story is quite good too, lots of flirting and bragging with every NPC you meet

EDIT 2: My worst lvling experience was my sage. It was soooooo slow and sooooo boring :(

Edited by Hikaru_Kuma

[quote=Hikaru_Kuma;7705473

EDIT 2: My worst lvling experience was my sage. It was soooooo slow and sooooo boring :(

The key to faster sage leveling is to use a dps companion (HK is the best but any of the pure dps companions work) instead of a tank or healer or even Treek. The reason is (if you hotkey target companion), you can simply thrown your comp a bubble if she grabs aggro.