SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

Honestly, I hope that never happens, and in lore, the class stories happened before the "same-sex relationships" bill went through in the Swtor universe.

While I think that going back and redoing stuff is not the way to go, I wouldn't see a reason why they shouldn't bring back companions with same sex romance options :) the game should be representative and since there is a significant LGBT community here the devs should definitely continue adding new same sex romances!

Edited by Ylliarus

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a time traveler telling you guys that it is almost year 2025 and the Facebook connect button still does not work. Dont worry guys cause you dont need it for anything. Plus, remember that in 2019 there will be some news on SWTOR and everyone will love it. Also, KOTOR I and II will be remastered that year and KOTOR III confirmed (launch day TBD)!! Edited by AliGarciaF

While I think that going back and redoing stuff is not the way to go, I wouldn't see a reason why they shouldn't bring back companions with same sex romance options :) the game should be representative and since there is a significant LGBT community here the devs should definitely continue adding new same sex romances!

Forcing a previous non-LGBT character to now be LGBT? So are you saying it IS a choice, and they've decided to be LGBT?

(It's political correctness gone mad, I tells ya)

Forcing a previous non-LGBT character to now be LGBT? So are you saying it IS a choice, and they've decided to be LGBT?

Is there another option for those who are fictional and have no free will?🎅

Maybe I'm not Arcann's type at all, but they're "forcing" him to be.:rak_03:

Forcing? It's not a real person. It's a fictional character. They actually did this in Mass Effect Andromeda as well with Jaal.

And besides there are a lot of people who struggle with their sexuality because of prejudice and it can take years before they can even admit to themselves they are gay or bi or whatever.

If for example Ashara would find out she is actually bi-sexual or lesbian after finally being freed from the strict teachings of the Jedi, is that forcing her? It's just as forced as the decision that she would be heterosexual in the beginning.

These are fictional characters that have a continuation in their story. Just like in real life many people don't actually discover or admit their true sexuality till much later in their life.

There is nothing wrong with a story character finding out their preferences are actually different than what they thought or were taught to believe.

And it doesn't matter in the end. Your story is your story. If you romance a companion they are heterosexual to you. That's your story. If someone else gets and chooses another option doesn't change your story. In your dimension of the story that never happens, so it's not relevant. And so it shouldn't be a concern for you.

So what if some guys want Malavai Quinn as a male romance option? Let them have their fantasies with their companions while you get yours in the way you want it. Why should that bother you? Just cause there would be a male romance option doesn't define the companions. Your choices do that.

You know, once you know the right conversation choices, you get to force your companions to get in a romantic relationship with you. They have no choice, you have all the choices. So really, stop complaining about "forcing" companions. They're not real and they're being forced in all kinds of directions anyway. That's the funny thing about characters in a story...they're not actually real people. Try not to forget that.

I am a time traveler telling you guys that it is almost year 2025 and the Facebook connect button still does not work. Dont worry guys cause you dont need it for anything. Plus, remember that in 2019 there will be some news on SWTOR and everyone will love it. Also, KOTOR I and II will be remastered that year and KOTOR III confirmed (launch day TBD)!!

In 2023 the Stronghold section will still be lacking an icon...

How about putting the end of this stupid time of peace on the roadmap. Everyone was announcing that it would be up today. How long are we not going to have conquest? I'm seriously getting pissed. idgaf about your upcoming content until you restore the content that you took away. Edited by Clownsmasher

How about putting the end of this stupid time of peace on the roadmap. Everyone was announcing that it would be up today. How long are we not going to have conquest? I'm seriously getting pissed. idgaf about your upcoming content until you restore the content that you took away.

It does end today -- the Conquest Schedule has its own pinned thread on the General Discussion Board that you can always check:

• Oct 17 - Rakghoul Resurgence: Alderaan
  • Oct 24 - Time of Peace
  • Oct 31 - Time of Peace
  • Nov 7 - Time of Peace
  • Nov 14 - Relics of the Gree
  • Nov 21 - The Balance of Power
  • Nov 28 - Rakghoul Resurgence: Tatooine

Bear in mind, the Conquest reset time is now 18:00 UTC:

Game Update 5.5a:

• The Conquest reset now happens six hours later than it did previously, the new reset time is 6PM (1800) UTC.

Relics of the Gree starts up in about 3 1/2 hours.

Edited by DarthDymond

Okay, I have a question : Has the global character limit been reduced?

I thought it was 350 characters maximum across all servers, and I have seen players who have stated that they created even more than that on their accounts.

With the server merge, I wound up with a total of 101 characters on Star Forge and 90 on Satele Shan.

Recently, I decided to create two characters (one Republic and one Imperial) on Darth Malgus, because ... Well, why not? I hadn't played on any European servers before, but now that there are only three English-speaking player communities, I figured I'd give the third one a look.

But the system only let me create one character on Darth Malgus, and now it says I have reached the limit for activated characters and cannot create any more.

So, is that it, then? 192? Seems like an odd choice, by the way. I would've expected the global limit to be a round number.

Is it me or does it feel like this game is at its end already? Less servers, less content, and now a datacron that lets you boost right to 70 and skip the whole story? I want to see progress and at least hints on road maps to 2018-2019 or further....Or can those not be provided because this is closing in at the end of SWTOR? WoW has lvl 100 caps maybe more I haven't kept up with it is this all we are getting? Edited by TasukiFB

Is it me or does it feel like this game is at its end already? Less servers, less content, and now a datacron that lets you boost right to 70 and skip the whole story? I want to see progress and at least hints on road maps to 2018-2019 or further....Or can those not be provided because this is closing in at the end of SWTOR? WoW has lvl 100 caps maybe more I haven't kept up with it is this all we are getting?

I totally agree with you..at this point..with the game declining to the point of being either a rotting zombie or Frankenstein's monster and with the recent blunders that EA has gotten into with Battlefront II...it would be best to just shut this game down already..and this is coming from a Star Wars fanatic's POV

I totally agree with you..at this point..with the game declining to the point of being either a rotting zombie or Frankenstein's monster and with the recent blunders that EA has gotten into with Battlefront II...it would be best to just shut this game down already..and this is coming from a Star Wars fanatic's POV

Where they are doing really well is the high quality of communication on things other than CM items and deals. This is feeling more like Marvel Heroes before Disney pulled the licence than a game with a future. I wonder if they will offer a refund when it turns out this latest cash grab is for a game that no longer exists. Congratulations you have a new level 70 character, enjoy for the last month the game is up.

• 2 weeks later...

My tiny bit of casual feedback ahaha :p

I will admit that with all the cool gearsets suddenly going up for sale and the 70s tokens it does feel a bit ominous ahh! I’ll be optimistic and just hope you guys are gunning for a bit more cash, or about to launch something weeps.

One thing I would kind of suggest, if anyone reads this, but could there maybe be more of a balance (not one over the other) between story and flashpoints? I think the ‘Bioware Storytelling’ is what made this game so attractive, so having only tiny snippets of dialogue, usually said by the protagonist but not chosen by us, kind of hurts! :( Is this maybe because it costs so much to support all the different voice actors and dialogue options?

Admittedly my only MMO comparison is another game I subscribe to, each of their patch updates tend to follow a pattern of cutscenes-> dungeon/flashpoints-> cutscenes (presented in that order). I’m not sure if they have more of a budget than the SWTOR team (I know EA has a reputation for pulling money/team members from projects!), but I think if we had a balance of a flashpoint, but a strong story moment (like a character building scene with the companion we’ll be working with, or something involving the protagonist’s feelings), it would make things a bit more memorable and satisfying? Admittedly I’m more of a casual player, but I still found the flashpoint battles a little bit too long and not eventful. I feel like the fights with Arcann or in KOTFE in general, where we had to interact with items or just fought in crazy arenas, felt a bit more empowering, to me this flashpoint in particular felt a bit repetitive. Maybe that’s because it’s designed to be taken on as a group and not really by a solo player, but I will be honest and say I did get quite bored, even if I did like the visuals for Copero a lot. :confused:

Thank you for engaging with the playerbase! These are my personal feelings as a subscriber anyway. :o I have a lot of love for the characters and my Wrath protagonist, I kind of miss my character’s Sith/Imperial roots, I do hope we can return to these eventually, maybe after the final Theron story thing? :)

Through passion we gain strength, I hope the love that the playerbase has for this game can hopefully help you guys drive it!

I didn't realize that, but aside from some Cartel Market sales of old items with a Xmas feel to them, despite fairy lights not really being a thing in Star Wars and Wookie Life Day being from a Star Wars Holiday special no one really considers Cannon anymore. There is nothing left of the roadmap.

Somewhat crazier, given it turns out the Flashpoint had been created during Kotfe as a stand alone, only they couldn't find a place to put it, the assets for the new PvP map had been announced during SOR and was meant tie into that, hence the Yavin setting. This put the only real new content being a GSF map that, given its a sub set of pvp is not a staple of the game and one Operation Boss when an entire operation should have been finished by the end of the year.

Even the new companion was one produced under the DvL list, hence why when asked about Companions Hexid talks as if the war with the Eternal Empire is still on going and that she found you out cause of your evil ways. She should have said I found you out cause you completed 3 group activities.

So once there is no old assets to use, will there be any new content? Can we look forward to two months of minimal communication and falling subs as it appears to all but the most loyal fans that there is nothing to stick around for?

So once there is no old assets to use, will there be any new content? Can we look forward to two months of minimal communication and falling subs as it appears to all but the most loyal fans that there is nothing to stick around for?

I've seen rumors that everything up through SoR was, in large part, derived from and used assets developed during the pre-launch phase of SWTOR. So reuse/recycle would appear to be in the SWTOR DNA.

"Story" (as in the single-player content) is cheap in money and effort to develop, though it can take a decent amount of time to generate in the fully-voice-acted mode that SWTOR is still famous for. Art (graphics, rough-tuned maps) Mechanics (including fine-tuning maps) are hard to develop and balance.

I was thinking twice about posting some road map feedback as I'm not sure anything will get addressed, and these things unusually get trolled or ignored, but i thought i'd give it a try as this game has so many positive memories for me. I come from the perspective of a returning player who's played since day one, but iv only really played the story content of the new expansions and usually left after completion...iv struggled to retain my interest on these expansions for some time.

So I am also of the mind that this game is limping to it's end...my feeling, despite it being said that EA and perhaps LucasArts are "happy" with the game is that no-one is willing to invest in it anymore. As long as the cartel market and sub fee's are trickling in and the game requires minimal expenditures then the execs are "happy".

Not that this is anything new, the MMO market is pretty dry right now and they cost a fortune to develop, so unless there's a serious and immediate return on investment, no one cares for MMO's right now which leaves us to make the most of what we have here and that makes me sad.

Sad that as EA controversially begins to move away from single player games and into the more lucrative multiplayer field, that SWTOR, with one of the biggest IP's at it's back and a foray of new Disney movies coming out to peak interest, continues to dwindle as it does.

The Story telling is great but there's little to no challenge anymore, what happened to the glory days of the 1-50 experience when a gold elite was a worthy challenge? I was pleased to see there was a new difficulty system since i last played, so i immediately stepped it up a notch and continued to play and was promptly nailed to the wall lol. So i set it back to Story mode where everything dies when you sneeze. I presume this was designed for top levels players and not for those grinding up? I'll admit the final fight against Vaylin was much more interesting but probably because i had no companion, it was nice to have to think about the fight and look for abilities to avoid, but a shame it was only one fight.

IMO the story is top notch, there's some solid story telling going on but the move to a single player still confuses me as much as the day it was first announced. SWTOR is a lonely place these days and as a server based game it's never going to be able to compete with a modern single player AAA+ RPG experience, yet as a server based game it can offer something that they all can't...a massively multiplayer environment, yet SWTOR does the opposite? You guys must really have no money in the bank :(

Additionally the combat is clunky, i can't quite put my finger on it but both player and NPC movement can feel sluggish and getting locked in place whilst an action is in progress against you. It feels like there is little mob diversity, just packs of 2-4 mobs, maybe a few more on occasion, all with similar abilities and little telegraphing or fun ways to round things up and burn them down, or abilities to look out for and interrupt.

I'll probably get flamed for this but in the case of the warrior there felt like there was allot of ability bloat, i'm fine with the amount of utility and having a choice of different abilities to use in different situations. I'm talking about multiple abilities that do pretty much that same thing. Do X damage, Do X damage over 2 seconds, Do X damage...it just feels like another button for the sake of a button, and there's doesn't seem to be a great deal of synergy between abilities either (some but not a great deal), i'm not even sure the different class specs have a solid identity, they didn't feel vastly different to play.

I have yet to try the new LFG system, i'm guessing this is like WoW's? I'll be interested to give that a go.

When i first played this game i felt like it was a solid 8 maybe 9 out of ten but these days it's feeling more like a 6ish. I'm always coming back hoping something exciting is in the works but it seems that's not the case quite yet. I'm hopeful though.

I'm still gonna play till my subs up, there's a few more features i'd like to try.

In summary I liken the new roadmap to buying a steak and fries at a restaurant, there are lots of exciting condiments and sauces in the works, but ultimately the steak is cold and the fries are dry, and no one is willing to invest in the core game because there's no immediate return in investment for the amount of money it would cost to revamp.

I'm sorry this was so negative tbh.

Anyway this is the end of my TLDR.

Best Regards.

Dear Eric,

you guys wrote this in the roadmap:

Please note we will not introduce a new set of Tier gear for Galactic Command this year! Instead, we will be offering a special set of Augments to enhance your existing gear. These will drop in the Copero Flashpoint or can be purchased from a Copero vendor. In addition, we’ll offer an even better version of augments you can craft from materials gained through both PvP and PvE activities.

It seems nobody noticed this part or doesn't care and though I've raised the point a few times, there has been no answer yet. So forgive me if it feels a bit like I'm on a crusade but I really just want to know, as an altoholic, what happened with this Copero vendor?

We will be offering a special set of Augments to enhance your existing gear. These will drop in the Copero Flashpoint or can be purchased from a Copero vendor. In addition, we’ll offer an even better version of augments you can craft from materials gained through both PvP and PvE activities.

As far as I know there isn't a Copero Vendor, my guess would be they would put it on Odessen (next to the vendor for Umbara). I'm a bit bumped out, because I'd like to have both the complete armor sets that drop in the FP (make them legacy bound instead of BoP please) and the new Augments (they haven't dropped in the FP so far).

Prices on the GTN skyrocketed for the new (crafted) Augments so it would be nice to find an alternative way to get them.

As far as I know there isn't a Copero Vendor, my guess would be they would put it on Odessen (next to the vendor for Umbara). I'm a bit bumped out, because I'd like to have both the complete armor sets that drop in the FP (make them legacy bound instead of BoP please) and the new Augments (they haven't dropped in the FP so far).

Prices on the GTN skyrocketed for the new (crafted) Augments so it would be nice to find an alternative way to get them.

Oh I'm very aware that this vendor isn't there, but they said there would be one in their roadmap so I'd like to know what gives...

And yeh, with prices what they are and having 24 level 70s, I also would like an alternative and I don't need BiS on all toons but I'd like to be able to give them all some new augments. I mean gearing has been made a drag now with basically GF last boss runs and ranked warzone farming being the best ways to get gear. It's maximum output for crates, UCs and the rare new mats.

But easy as it is, it's also very boring.