archaeology finds unclickable

DellaFoh

About half of the Archaeology finds i come across in the open world are not clickable. I know they're on a respawn timer, but even the ones I find in remote areas are unavailable. Currently, my skill is around 190 and I'm on Tatooine. Are there skill requirements to collect these? If so, how can I find out what is needed?

Can anyone aged some light on this for me? Thanks in advance.

This is, by far, the most annoying thing I've yet encountered in the game; flora and bioanalysis nodes are a'plenty, so I eagerly looked forward to taking up archeology and synthweaving and underworld training.

Thus far, not only are 90% of the nodes I find "bugged" or simply unharvestable, it seems that bioanalysis gets some manner of favoritism to boot. Many monsters are harvestable nodes for bioanalysis, but obviously, nothing (no matter how old it is, how many piles and stacks are set around the world for "flavor", etc) but crystals and rocks are for archeology.

Also worth mention, I see approximately four archeology nodes for every ten to fifteen bioanalysis ones (not including the mobs that can be harvested).

Obviously, this feels very unbalanced. I am still hoping that once my alt is off of Coruscant, this changes but, frankly, if not, I too will forget about synthweaving.

What is happening is that the node has been recently harvested. It still shows in game but as unclickable. From a distance you can hover over the node and if the "harvest" arrows show up then it is harvest able again.

Or you can sit and wait for it to reset.

What is happening is that the node has been recently harvested. It still shows in game but as unclickable. From a distance you can hover over the node and if the "harvest" arrows show up then it is harvest able again.

When a node is harvested, it does remain for a short time but it quickly despawns. However, I experienced the bug the OP is referring to in the beta and a few times since launch. These nodes are not recently harvested because they persist in the world (they don't despawn). They appear on the minimap as resource nodes and you can see them laying there on the ground but you can't click on them or get any tooltip info when the cursor is hovering over them.

This is simply not the case.

These nodes are still exists, some are hidden in obstacle of the map, most simply cannot be harvested.

This is already something being patched in 1.0.1 per the patch notes.

Yeah, this is super annoying. I'm also noticing the difference in availability of the nodes with other things. In some places, I find way more slicing lock-boxes than archaeology nodes. It could be that there are more archaeologists than slicers, and thus the crystal nodes are all picked over by the time I come through, but that's hard to believe given what the forums say about slicing. :)