Feb 22 UnWanteds 3v3 tournament

rNColonel

Disallowing certain players/compositions from attending can only have a negative impact on your event, but the rules are up to you.

Besides this, I'm sure all the teams that are allowed to enter will really appreciate that you think they're "not too stacked" for your tournament, not to mention very glad that somebody who hasn't played on this server for a few months is passing judgment on them.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tournament is allowing all players to join, I just prefer not to have a stacked team

2 power tech and a healer Equals OP group

balance out your team All Skilled players are allowed to join, just dont stack it to the point it will be a blow out against everyone

1.Reckoner

2. Sar

3. Sno

This team seems kinda stacked. Can you change the team comp so its not as stacked?

This was only for an example,

Im going to be judging the tournament and calling out the matches i will not participate in the tournament

I raise you an O'pii + Vano + Reign all Marksmanship ;)

This tournament allow players to get a decent group such as,

Shadow

Smug

Gaurdian

If you can communicate with a group like this you could dominate, This is one Reason why Hex and Game Genie can dominate every WZ, They all work together and their communcation is awesome, When they focus target its Game over, this would be a good chance for you to learn how to communicate with your team and figure out ways to beat them,

say if my group went up against Game genie, They mainly will Focus down the Highest DPS before they move on to another dps or healer, its all about communication, If you dont like how this is set up that is fine dont Participate

Edited by rNColonel

2 power tech and a healer Equals OP group

This tournament allow players to get a decent group such as,

Shadow

Smug

Gaurdian

This just does not make sense to me.

You're disallowing the above 'stacked composition' from participating, despite it being significantly weaker than the second quoted composition.

I'm very interested in how you're going to determine exactly what other compositions should be considered too 'stacked' to participate.

This just does not make sense to me.

You're disallowing the above 'stacked composition' from participating, despite it being significantly weaker than the second quoted composition.

I'm very interested in how you're going to determine exactly what other compositions should be considered too 'stacked' to participate.

I would wager nobody knows what the hell Reckoner is talking about.

Signed Kandel, for Arash :p

well apperently no one gets a damn thing i am saying, so instead of just sitting here complain about tis thread and atleast try to get a full understanding of it, im always in game so you could of asked me ingame which could of been better explained but since people are confused and have been acting like a bunch of lil kids and taking thing immaturely. Funny thing is Dizeren is the only one that understood this concept, what a sad day when a young kid can understand something better then an adult well best of luck, tournament is off just thought be fun to get the community together, Enjoy

well apperently no one gets a damn thing i am saying, so instead of just sitting here complain about tis thread and atleast try to get a full understanding of it, im always in game so you could of asked me ingame which could of been better explained but since people are confused and have been acting like a bunch of lil kids and taking thing immaturely. Funny thing is Dizeren is the only one that understood this concept, what a sad day when a young kid can understand something better then an adult well best of luck, tournament is off just thought be fun to get the community together, Enjoy

It's because you type like you're a monkey. If you could actually string two sentences together to articulate your point, people might be able to understand.

No complaints were offered; only queries against poor explanation, to which you swiftly responded by throwing your toys out of the pram.

Then, in a bizarre plot-twist, accuse other people of being immature.

All that time I wasted on planning out a non-'stacked' composition! It'd be better spent teaching correct grammar and punctuation in future, perhaps.

Guys! Don't belittle the Amerikan school system. I give Reckoner an A for Affort, genuinely man, A for Effort. Unfortunately, our community doesn't respond in like mind to all suggestions or events. It is what it is. Mort tried to setup a recruit gear tourney, he got shot down. Nadir held an amazing 1v1 tourney, that went superbly from what I heard as I was unable to attend. Don't give up, there's plenty of us here who respect and admire when people take initiative.

You the man Recks!

Guys! Don't belittle the Amerikan school system. I give Reckoner an A for Affort, genuinely man, A for Effort. Unfortunately, our community doesn't respond in like mind to all suggestions or events. It is what it is. Mort tried to setup a recruit gear tourney, he got shot down. Nadir held an amazing 1v1 tourney, that went superbly from what I heard as I was unable to attend. Don't give up, there's plenty of us here who respect and admire when people take initiative.

You the man Recks!

well the point of this would have been to have different classes in each team, so 3 different classes working together trying to communicate and trying to find there strengths and weeknesses as a group, people dont understand that

You are saying that you can explain your rules better in personal tells in game with each participant, rather than clearing writing them out here? And you are also implying that the only person that can understand your fuzzy logic is a young kid? LOL

Good try putting something together. Fail on execution.

It's because you type like you're a monkey. If you could actually string two sentences together to articulate your point, people might be able to understand.

Reckoner has been a part of our PvP community for some time now, Zake. Maybe you should be a little bit more respectful and less of a troll? After all, wouldn't want this to get out of hand like the last time someone decided to say something a little trolly even though what they were saying was nothing more than the truth...

As far as the thread and the tournament go.... Reckoner, I think you could've been more clear in the beginning when you started your thread. If you want this to be a little more unique. You could've said something like each player of each team must be a different advanced class, meaning there couldn't be more than one Scoundrel or more than one Juggernaut. Or you could've said that each player on a team much be an entirely different class, meaning there couldn't be two Jedi Knights, or two Sith Inquisitors on a team, regardless of advanced class differences. This would definitely add an interesting dynamic to the tournament, but you'd probably have less participation and people complaining about it all the same.

Like Arash said, some people just have certain things they will and will not participate in. Like the aforementioned Recruit Gear tournament. I personally wouldn't participate in it with my given class due to my spec and play-style being heavily dependent on the amount of time and number crunching I've put into the way my gear is set up. It's not to say I wouldn't show up and support the event as a member of the PvP community, I personally just don't believe it would've accomplished what the creator of that particular event believed it would've accomplished.

If you need help with ideas, just ask around and seek advice on what you can do to make it better. Getting bent out of shape and cancelling the event isn't the way to go about it. Challenge the people coming to you to help you out with making it better. Having your new guild host a PvP tournament is a great idea. It's an excellent way to showcase your organizational skills as a guild and your talent as individual and team players. Keep on keepin' on dude. Emotional responses are for weaksauce scrubs, don't let the trolling get to you.

Reckoner has been a part of our PvP community for some time now, Zake. Maybe you should be a little bit more respectful and less of a troll? After all, wouldn't want this to get out of hand like the last time someone decided to say something a little trolly even though what they were saying was nothing more than the truth...

The difference being, I'm confident in my ability to type / formulate sentences and don't think it's necessary to tolerate someone who executes a poor post and then blames others. You as a guardian didn't have any particular room to judge Arash on ability nor did he even post that silly lowbie screenshot on his own. But, I doubt you'll even be able to understand that as you've demonstrated numerous times your complete inability to listen to others.

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to pretend that this post of Reckoner's is perfectly reasonable. He made a post that was poorly written, and made an obvious blunder when it comes to the PVP community... Excluding people in a tournament. He then proceeded to get mad at the most active people in the PVP community - the people who would have joined the tournament. Perhaps if he had wanted it to be more successful he should have put a smigdeon more of effort into it. I also think it's fair to say this entire behavior towards this hasn't been particularly respectful.

The difference being, I'm confident in my ability to type / formulate sentences and don't think it's necessary to tolerate someone who executes a poor post and then blames others. You as a guardian didn't have any particular room to judge Arash on ability nor did he even post that silly lowbie screenshot on his own. But, I doubt you'll even be able to understand that as you've demonstrated numerous times your complete inability to listen to others.

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to pretend that this post of Reckoner's is perfectly reasonable. He made a post that was poorly written, and made an obvious blunder when it comes to the PVP community... Excluding people in a tournament. He then proceeded to get mad at the most active people in the PVP community - the people who would have joined the tournament. Perhaps if he had wanted it to be more successful he should have put a smigdeon more of effort into it. I also think it's fair to say this entire behavior towards this hasn't been particularly respectful.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're suggesting is that the level of talent on our server is relatively low right? Because based on your comment you're stating that I'm not very good on my Guardian, especially if I'm not on par with a DPS Guardian that doesn't taunt or feel that it's 100% necessary for a DPS Guardian to taunt. Also, once again, I may not be understanding you because I'm so incapable of listening; but, I'm not sure I've ever been absolutely obliterated in any venue of PvP this server has hosted and it seems that you're suggesting I'm pretty fail thus meaning that the majority of our server should just S T F U and stop providing critiques for others on our server. Actually, Zake. I've DPS'd, Tanked, Guarded Nodes, and everything else you could possibly ask of someone in PvP as a Guardian/Juggernaut. But hey, I guess all the screen shots and testimony from other players doesn't have any room to judge either eh? Or am I missing something in your post? Oh, and Zake... You're welcome to reply to this, but I look forward to addressing your opinion in person the next time I'm so lucky as to be graced with your presence in voice chat or in game.

Btw, Zake. I think you owe Reckoner an apology. Calling/Comparing someone [to] a monkey just isn't nice. /sigh

Reckoner, sorry that Zake and I have gotten off topic in your thread and I'm sorry for all the hate you received for trying to host a PvP event on our server, however ill-communicated it may have been. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sindol

I dunno why everyone is getting all serious and personal, but from an outsiders perspective, Reckoners post made absolutely no sense, and when pressed on it he refused to properly explain why certain group compositions wouldn't be allowed. Just my opinion.

-Kandel

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're suggesting is that the level of talent on our server is relatively low right? Because based on your comment you're stating that I'm not very good on my Guardian, especially if I'm not on par with a DPS Guardian that doesn't taunt or feel that it's 100% necessary for a DPS Guardian to taunt.

Yes, I’m going to correct you. You being a mediocre guardian has little to do with the quality of the server. Please reread my initial post where it has NO mention of anything related to the quality of PVP on the server. My opinion of the server / everyone has not been expressed whatsoever and is irrelevant. Arash’s skill level on his guardian is irrelevant to this conversation beyond that people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Also, once again, I may not be understanding you because I'm so incapable of listening; but, I'm not sure I've ever been absolutely obliterated in any venue of PvP this server has hosted and it seems that you're suggesting I'm pretty fail thus meaning that the majority of our server should just S T F U and stop providing critiques for others on our server. Actually, Zake. I've DPS'd, Tanked, Guarded Nodes, and everything else you could possibly ask of someone in PvP as a Guardian/Juggernaut. But hey, I guess all the screen shots and testimony from other players doesn't have any room to judge either eh? Or am I missing something in your post?

As for your testimony, you’re not listed in any of the PVP records for protection or anything tank related. I’m not aware of any screen shots, though I am aware of this one:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/339515_143828879107705_417621092_o.jpg

As well as my experiences in rated... I have never lost to you in a rated game whether it was with Hex or Game Genie.

I will repeat that once again I said nothing to the quality of the server, so therefore I am not telling the majority of our server to just shut up.

Oh, and Zake... You're welcome to reply to this, but I look forward to addressing your opinion in person the next time I'm so lucky as to be graced with your presence in voice chat or in game.

You act like this is supposed to scare me or something, LOL.

Btw, Zake. I think you owe Reckoner an apology. Calling/Comparing someone [to] a monkey just isn't nice. /sigh

I had other choice words, but I figured they would get moderated. To be precise, I compared his typing to a monkey, not his entire being. I think it is fair to say that Reckoner’s typing leaves something to be desired when it comes to reading comprehension.

Edited by Fleurant