The Fan Favorite Reward is “The Party Jawa”

CourtneyWoods

So bioware and ea think they will gett more players by givving us this ****t? well guess again more people will leave this game becasue of it im one of them!

Leaving because of a vanity item? byebye :D have fun in the Misty world of Pokepandas

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except, that, all 3 of the rewards are obviously already placed into the game. The Jawa is cool, but I, as a player, really wanted the rancor or maybe the carbonite block. If all 3 are already coded and made, why am I being forced into the item chosen off facebook when they could just a easily be like Hey, choose of 1 out of 3?

possibly there's the one we get for free, the others will probably be available in the cartel shop.

possibly there's the one we get for free, the others will probably be available in the cartel shop.

I understand that. That's the issue. Allow the people who want one of the other two to choose themselves, not be forced into a decision from the result of a FACEBOOK fan-poll.

Edited by Echriado

well, facebook is a popular medium, you could vote without having an actual facebook profile, and it was mentioned on this website that there was a vote going on, so if people 'wanted' to, then they could have voted.

I know some people just didn't vote out of stubbornnness

well, facebook is a popular medium, you could vote without having an actual facebook profile, and it was mentioned on this website that there was a vote going on, so if people 'wanted' to, then they could have voted.

Again, taking the vote to facebook is a poor gesture. All 3 items are ready to be obtained, give the players the choice that they want; why are you needlessly arguing?

Again, taking the vote to facebook is a poor gesture. All 3 items are ready to be obtained, give the players the choice that they want; why are you needlessly arguing?

no it wasn't it was good marketing strategy its all advertising the game and that its going F2P and putting that information on a website that's had over 171 Million Unique Visitors is the best way to do it

Not arguing, just stating my opinion, and why is it a poor gesture? because it's the most used social network?

when they announced it it was very clear where to go for your vote, if a simple click that takes 5 seconds is too much for people, then they have no right to complain imo.

While I do agree that doing the poll on this website only for registered (subscribed) users would have been better, they still took the better option to use the most used social network instead, which is accessible by everyone.

Besides, we don't know how that cartel shop is going to work, seeing we get coins for free, you'll probably be able to get the 2 other items on the first day, result --> everybody happy

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that “The Party Jawa” has won our Fan Favorite voting contest. Over the past month, our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item to receive as a reward when Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ launches its new Free-to-Play option this Fall. Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority! The Party Jawa celebrates a player’s status as a veteran of the galaxy with a unique and fun animation. The Party Jawa will be rewarded to current or previous subscribers as of August 1 and who are active subscribers when the Free-to-Play option launches.

Read More

August 1st this year or is it a typo? since its september and all.......

LOL, the vote was like 100000000000000000000 to 1 and yet the forums are filled with nothing but QQ's from whiny little

. Proof that the overwhelming majority of players completely ignore these forums.

Now if only the developers would ignore you as well. That would make me so so so so so :D

Party Jawas are great and all, but personally, I'd really like to see new vanity items that are more...useful? New sets of moddable clothing, weapons, speeders, titles and such would be amazing.

Although I'm sure there will be plenty of people just dying to pop their Party Jawas /cringe at every opportunity, I would love to see some of the development time that's being diverted towards vanity items go into making things like this and this happen.

why would anyone want a party jawa and not a weapon or something?

I had voted for the Carbonite Chamber, so I’m not that happy with getting the Party Jawa because my bounty hunter already has a Jawa companion so why would I want another. Though the bounty hunter isn’t my only character. I do have all 8 of my character slots filled, one of each class, but the only reason why I picked a bounty hunter was for the Jawa companion and now that seems pointless. I don’t know if Ewoks are around during this timeframe, but in my opinion I think a party Ewok would have been better than a Jawa. Edited by JusticeArts

I had voted for the Carbonite Chamber, so I’m not that happy with getting the Party Jawa because my bounty hunter already has a Jawa companion so why would I want another. Though the bounty hunter isn’t my only character. I do have all 8 of my character slots filled, one of each class, but the only reason why I picked a bounty hunter was for the Jawa companion and now that seems pointless.

They're not giving a companion, it's like a pet or the holodancer from the DD/CE.

They're not giving a companion, it's like a pet or the holodancer from the DD/CE.

Sorry, I should have explained better. I never said it was a companion, lol. I was saying that I already have a Jawa companion, so I don’t really have much interest in another Jawa anything. It’s kind of the same reason why I didn’t choose the Holo Rancor, because I already have a Holo Dancer.

Edited by JusticeArts

Well your sentence did imply it, since you said your bounty hunter companion was pointless now, but it isn't because that is a companion and the party jawa is a vanity item

Just to be clear though, it’s not that I hate it, it just wasn’t my choice. I can’t really complain too much since it is free.

Back when they first offered the “Invite a Friend” speeder I was a bit depressed because everyone I know that plays video games already own SWTOR, so I didn’t have anyone to invite. I ended up creating an alt account, buying a 2nd copy of the game & time card, and inviting myself as a friend just so I could get the speeder, lol, so at least I don’t have to buy the Party Jawa. I don’t like feeling that I've missed out on anything. Now I’m looking forward to the Hutt Cartel Coins.

It’s not all that bad having two copies of the game since I have 3 computers hooked up to a single keyboard & mouse, I can actually play both accounts at the same time. What I like best about it is that the healing companion on my alt account's character automatically heals when in a party, so I can have a damage dealing companion out for my main account at all times. It’s kind of like have my own healing bot. My Ranger’s pet in GW2 is like have a bot too, because I can afk a low level area and if anything attacks me than my pet will automatically attack & kill it for a small amount of xp. And if my character were to die, than chances are someone will be around to heal my character and the cycle can start all over again, lol.

Edited by JusticeArts

I had voted for the Carbonite Chamber, so I’m not that happy with getting the Party Jawa because my bounty hunter already has a Jawa companion so why would I want another. Though the bounty hunter isn’t my only character. I do have all 8 of my character slots filled, one of each class, but the only reason why I picked a bounty hunter was for the Jawa companion and now that seems pointless. I don’t know if Ewoks are around during this timeframe, but in my opinion I think a party Ewok would have been better than a Jawa.

...and every class has a jawa too with it...oh wait... :eek:

--------------------------------

People...it's a freaking little gift to those who are active at F2P launch, sometimes I think BW should just never try and stop giving a bunch of you spoiled little children anything. BW does not have to give you anything, especially when F2P hits. Remember that next time you are demanding them for something.

And like others have stated many pages ago within this sea of rage / illogic, this looks like we'll get the jawa FREE and the others unlocked in the F2P store...and guess what...we'll get a ton of free Cartel Coins if you've been subbed up to F2P. :eek::rolleyes:

...and every class has a jawa too with it...oh wait... :eek:

--------------------------------

People...it's a freaking little gift to those who are active at F2P launch, sometimes I think BW should just never try and stop giving a bunch of you spoiled little children anything. BW does not have to give you anything, especially when F2P hits. Remember that next time you are demanding them for something.

And like others have stated many pages ago within this sea of rage / illogic, this looks like we'll get the jawa FREE and the others unlocked in the F2P store...and guess what...we'll get a ton of free Cartel Coins if you've been subbed up to F2P. :eek::rolleyes:

Just to be clear I’m not a spoiled child, I’m a spoiled 31 year old, lol. But seriously if you read further down from my first post you’ll see that I apologized for not explaining well enough. I was trying to say that the Party Jawa just wasn’t my choice out of the options that were made available at the time. I just got a bit carried away after finding out that the Party Jawa won.

I actually don’t live that far from BioWare, I have about a year and a half to go before getting my degree in Game Art & Design, and I would like to apply there. I’d also like to apply at id Software too, which is in Texas also. The “We're Hiring” section at id Software’s website is what first motivated me to get into school. Now Arenanet is hiring too, which seems like it would be a neat place to work, but that is clear up in Washington.

Edited by JusticeArts

Just to be clear I’m not a spoiled child, I’m a spoiled 31 year old, lol. But seriously if you read further down from my first post you’ll see that I apologized for not explaining well enough. I was trying to say that the Party Jawa just wasn’t my choice out of the options that were made available at the time. I just got a bit carried away after finding out that the Party Jawa won.

I actually don’t live that far from BioWare, I have about a year and a half to go before getting my degree in Game Art & Design, and I would like to apply there. I’d also like to apply at id Software too, which is in Texas also. The “We're Hiring” section at id Software’s website is what first motivated me to get into school. Now Arenanet is hiring too, which seems like it would be a neat place to work, but that is clear up in Washington.

I wasn't talking about you dude. All I commented about your post was that every other class didn't have a jawa with them in some form.

I guess I should make that devider in the center bold / red or somehting next time. :rolleyes:

Edited by Eillack

So you mean to tell me, that for me sticking it out to the end with EA/BW in SWTOR all I get is a vanity pet? TBH I dont care at all for any vanity pet. Whats the purpose? It has no use other than taking up cpu resources. Doesnt help, buff or anything of the sort. It would be better to give us something that is useful. I get so mad at these lame a** items they calling rewards. I mean really whats the purpose or use of grinding out for tokens and whatever to get a pet that does nothing!? Im just saying give me a reward that is worth something and not completely WORTHLESS!!

So you mean to tell me, that for me sticking it out to the end with EA/BW in SWTOR all I get is a vanity pet? TBH I dont care at all for any vanity pet. Whats the purpose? It has no use other than taking up cpu resources. Doesnt help, buff or anything of the sort. It would be better to give us something that is useful. I get so mad at these lame a** items they calling rewards. I mean really whats the purpose or use of grinding out for tokens and whatever to get a pet that does nothing!? Im just saying give me a reward that is worth something and not completely WORTHLESS!!

So the Cartel Coins which will have real money value are worthless to you too I guess? Yup...Bioware is giving us nothing! We should protest, burn TOR boxes, riot, and loot! Sheesh... :rolleyes:

So the Cartel Coins which will have real money value are worthless to you too I guess? Yup...Bioware is giving us nothing! We should protest, burn TOR boxes, riot, and loot! Sheesh... :rolleyes:

not to mention while he was "sticking it out to the end with EA/BW in SWTOR" all he was really doing was paying for a service which he received... some people are so self entitled they even complain when you give them free gifts

Edited by Liquidacid