throwers/wintraders at darth malgus

Pashanim

since name sharing is not allowed here im not calling it out but i think everyone knows about who I'm talking, our most favorite jug tank in solo ranked who is losing against his own bots. he is not at high rating or anything but its just annoying when you get each time you q a bot or a thrower who isnt guarding. id love if you could finally perm ban him away and his bots. thank you

edit: he got last season already a rating reset but wintraded up again from 1 to top three and actually got his title, good job

Edited by Pashanim

Either:

A) Queue your own tank when he is playing

B) Only queue when he is already in match

C) Log off / jump sever

Don't waste time with mods or bans, it is clearly pointless.

If you'd ever play ranked there then you would know that its pointless, cuz if you queue tank, you will get the throwing dps bots into your team which makes it even worse

If you'd ever play ranked there then you would know that its pointless, cuz if you queue tank, you will get the throwing dps bots into your team which makes it even worse

True. Guess the only winning move is not to play.

since name sharing is not allowed here im not calling it out but i think everyone knows about who I'm talking, our most favorite jug tank in solo ranked who is losing against his own bots. he is not at high rating or anything but its just annoying when you get each time you q a bot or a thrower who isnt guarding. id love if you could finally perm ban him away and his bots. thank you

edit: he got last season already a rating reset but wintraded up again from 1 to top three and actually got his title, good job

I thought you people already accepted the fact that his is never going to change... but guess not.

Solution :

a. Keep queing and just learn to live with it.

b. Stop queing and move on. Play regs or other things this game has to offer.

There have been so many threads about this over the years without anything being done to prevent it from happening that it's pretty clear that.. this is NOT on the devs to do list in the near future and never was.

It is impossible to police people in this frickin' game and any game.

b. Stop queing and move on. Play regs or other things this game has to offer.

Unfortunately that is becoming increasing impossible on DM due to premades. I am not talking about premades at level 75 - I don't play reg at 75 anymore - but rather the ever increasing number of premades in low -/and midbies. When it's mostly arena that pops in lowbies, it only takes two veteran players to completely wreck the queue, but there are also 3 and 4 man premades now, and it it fantastically toxic.

Context: When I say premade as a problem, I am referring to 2-4 people that know how to play (+70% pvp legacy completion and probably ranked experience). I have also run into 4 man premades that actually was just clueless friends that wanted to play together, and that is obviously never a problem.

It is impossible to police people in this frickin' game and any game.

This is true to a point, but it's misleading. All online games have cheaters, because developers aren't actively scouring live games for cheaters. They develop tools and systems to catch cheaters and ban them, but such things don't happen instantly. Some game developers take that task more seriously than others. This game was very bad in that department in the past, but has seemingly improved in recent seasons. Just because there are cheaters active in the game now doesn't mean that they won't get banned in the future.

Obviously that doesn't alter the fact that they're ruining games right now. It would be nice if Mike B could take action now, or at least comment in a thread like this explaining why he can't take action, etc, but I'm pretty sure he's literally the only person at Bioware that cares about banning cheaters in ranked, so some patience is probably required. Granted, that's easy for me to say because I don't play on DM and don't know how blatant this stuff is.

This is true to a point, but it's misleading. All online games have cheaters, because developers aren't actively scouring live games for cheaters. They develop tools and systems to catch cheaters and ban them, but such things don't happen instantly. Some game developers take that task more seriously than others. This game was very bad in that department in the past, but has seemingly improved in recent seasons. Just because there are cheaters active in the game now doesn't mean that they won't get banned in the future.

Obviously that doesn't alter the fact that they're ruining games right now. It would be nice if Mike B could take action now, or at least comment in a thread like this explaining why he can't take action, etc, but I'm pretty sure he's literally the only person at Bioware that cares about banning cheaters in ranked, so some patience is probably required. Granted, that's easy for me to say because I don't play on DM and don't know how blatant this stuff is.

Patience? I can not even begin to express how many degrees of too late it is. The simple fact that J**Z** is still capable of returning both in-game and on this forum speaks volumes of how incompetent this game is being managed. Nothing, absolutely nothing is going to change for the better; had that been the case, it would have happened by now.

I wrote a thread years ago, that people could either accept that things are not going to improve or leave. Harsh perhaps, but history has proved me right.

Patience? I can not even begin to express how many degrees of too late it is. The simple fact that J**Z** is still capable of returning both in-game and on this forum speaks volumes of how incompetent this game is being managed. Nothing, absolutely nothing is going to change for the better; had that been the case, it would have happened by now.

I wrote a thread years ago, that people could either accept that things are not going to improve or leave. Harsh perhaps, but history has proved me right.

Things did change slightly though. Many more wintraders were reset and/or banned last season than had been in previous seasons. Obviously it's far from perfect. The fact that it took so long for Bratlor to get banned when he was blatantly flyhacking was especially egregious. Jeezee apparently uses tons of different accounts, but I agree, it's still inexcusable. And threads like this are hopefully valuable as reminders to someone at Bioware that this is a serious issue.

Even with that being said though, I can't help but feel that some people's expectations are a bit out of whack with what's realistically possible. There are huge games with budgets 100x what Bioware has that still have cheater problems.

I'm as anti-cheating/wintrading as one can get. I call them out wherever I see them, and they deserve to be treated as the scum that they are. I hope Bioware continues to improve at catching and banning them quickly. But one has to be realistic about these things or you'll go insane.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Things did change slightly though. Many more wintraders were reset and/or banned last season than had been in previous seasons. Obviously it's far from perfect. The fact that it took so long for Bratlor to get banned when he was blatantly flyhacking was especially egregious. Jeezee apparently uses tons of different accounts, but I agree, it's still inexcusable. And threads like this are hopefully valuable as reminders to someone at Bioware that this is a serious issue.

Even with that being said though, I can't help but feel that some people's expectations are a bit out of whack with what's realistically possible. There are huge games with budgets 100x what Bioware has that still have cheater problems.

I'm as anti-cheating/wintrading as one can get. I call them out wherever I see them, and they deserve to be treated as the scum that they are. I hope Bioware continues to improve at catching and banning them quickly. But one has to be realistic about these things or you'll go insane.

For a ranked scene to work, you either need direct supervision i.e. in-game mods, or you need a system so fantastic that it can not be cheated. This game has neither and never will, and thus we will always have these laughable problems.

This is also the primary reason I advocated for a point system that rewards winners and doesn't punish losers. Losing ELO due to circumstances beyond your control is frustrating like hell, but if you lost nothing or only a fraction then only time is wasted. Still annoying but no longer game-breaking.

For a ranked scene to work, you either need direct supervision i.e. in-game mods, or you need a system so fantastic that it can not be cheated. This game has neither and never will, and thus we will always have these laughable problems.

I mean, that would be great, but no game in the universe has those things to my knowledge. It's just not realistic. And that's not to make excuses for Bioware. They can do a far better job than they're doing now, no question.

I mean, that would be great, but no game in the universe has those things to my knowledge. It's just not realistic. And that's not to make excuses for Bioware. They can do a far better job than they're doing now, no question.

3-4 low wage interns could easily monitor all our ranked games on a rotational basic - and with time to spare for other tasks. Most people don't cheat in ranked and a mod could simply be called into the match and deal with the "hacker", botter, thrower or whatever. It is only a question about money.

Either:

A) Queue your own tank when he is playing

In fact, he is afraid to do this, since the aforementioned is really good, and compared to him the rest of the tanks look like bots, which causes widespread indignation and envy.

That guy is an ****** but SWTOR developer team is much bigger ******es than him letting him do this **** years now and rewarding him top tier pvp rewards every year.

This game has will never be better since it has the most uselss commnunity manager you can ever find he is absolutely useless. Mike Bradley started strong and ended up a big liar nothing he claimed ended up being true and now he has cant even post a ****.

Well biggest problem with this game is Keith he was Musco's boss and he made musco what he is now and now he is top man in this game and he is absolute **** since he is there. He thinks releasing unfinished unpolished content will save the game, he never fixes bugs even they create. This game saw lowest bug fix numbers since he is on lead. Sadly w,th that team on lead this game will be worse and worse. I dont blame developers since they dont have a real leader and a real communication bridge between player and them so they follow instructions of bad lead.

This game has no future since it has wrong people on wrong jobs.

it is honestly turning people away from ranked on DM...

wintrading is one thing. killing the que while you wintrade is a whole nother thing.

Not really, the faithful handful of PVPers going after pixel top3 keep on quing no matter what happens. They want to be top3 our of 50 people no matter what :)

Unfortunately that is becoming increasing impossible on DM due to premades. I am not talking about premades at level 75 - I don't play reg at 75 anymore - but rather the ever increasing number of premades in low -/and midbies. When it's mostly arena that pops in lowbies, it only takes two veteran players to completely wreck the queue, but there are also 3 and 4 man premades now, and it it fantastically toxic.

Context: When I say premade as a problem, I am referring to 2-4 people that know how to play (+70% pvp legacy completion and probably ranked experience). I have also run into 4 man premades that actually was just clueless friends that wanted to play together, and that is obviously never a problem.

Yup this was the issue for a long time before and it is now. I am very amazed how people are able to get together and enjoy this kind of behavior.