Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skank jugg still needs another nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Skank jugg still needs another nerf

MackPol
07.06.2018 , 02:11 AM | #221
Nobody says you should farm aoe at mid. Some people do farm mid all day but thatís different story.

Damage is very important and so are other things. Nice example with hutball there dude, see itís easy to run with the ball next to clueless ppl then say we win with no damage. Against competent team you would never get a ball. Apart from the 1st one maybe. Sins, opers and sniper would get constant wipe from ball area. There are counters to fire pulls too.

Once you are against competitive opposition cheap tricks wonít work.

Anyway donít think this can be explained so maybe you guys get to experience a rare match where everything matters , those are the most fun.

Edit: donít know why you only seem think that damage means 8 man mid Zerg ? Thatís crazy talk. And dmg isnít just dps number at the end. Burst and killing targets matters more for the most part. Mentioned solo guard if he 1v1s someone means his damage was great when we needed it. If he is just your randomnoperative troll that canít do any damage and needs 2 ppl help to defend his nose against 1 Lightning sorc then thatís not good.
I happened few times to do 2k dps in a ranked match just to be able to do 60k damage in couple of gcds on my sniper and pull off a hard swap. It is a good damage at the right time without good dps.

Rafiknoll
07.08.2018 , 01:51 AM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
Nobody says you should farm aoe at mid. Some people do farm mid all day but thatís different story.

Damage is very important and so are other things. Nice example with hutball there dude, see itís easy to run with the ball next to clueless ppl then say we win with no damage. Against competent team you would never get a ball. Apart from the 1st one maybe. Sins, opers and sniper would get constant wipe from ball area. There are counters to fire pulls too.

Once you are against competitive opposition cheap tricks wonít work.

Anyway donít think this can be explained so maybe you guys get to experience a rare match where everything matters , those are the most fun.

Edit: donít know why you only seem think that damage means 8 man mid Zerg ? Thatís crazy talk. And dmg isnít just dps number at the end. Burst and killing targets matters more for the most part. Mentioned solo guard if he 1v1s someone means his damage was great when we needed it. If he is just your randomnoperative troll that canít do any damage and needs 2 ppl help to defend his nose against 1 Lightning sorc then thatís not good.
I happened few times to do 2k dps in a ranked match just to be able to do 60k damage in couple of gcds on my sniper and pull off a hard swap. It is a good damage at the right time without good dps.
Don't misunderstand me, damage is, of course, important, and every time a sap-cap fails I 1v1 the guard and usually solo him. Thing is, in equal matches, damage will usually not be the cause of victory. (3+)v(3+) which includes healer on both sides and equally skilled players will usually not conclude fast enough, and the respawns will be back before the objective can be capped. This means, that the reason a very good group (with a healer) eventually beats the other good group (which has a healer too), is not entirely damage related (though of course damage played some part of it), but is also related to who outsmarted who when (capped node slightly sooner / responded to changes faster and outnumbered a node too fast for reinforcements / kept watching the guard in his previous combat to see him pop breaker and then sap-cap him regardless of his skill).

Also, the damage you are talking about is by far more important than the damage that I was discussing. My post was basically to counter the stupidity of judging someone by his leaderboard damage by the end of the match (which is what people do VERY often). Of course, soloing skills and bursting are by far more important objectively. As I said, the guy best in 1v1 SHOULD be the guard of the node (unless he is susceptible to saps because he is a jugg, for example). But if this guy has the mentality of "to be acknowledged as the best I need to top the charts" then he wouldn't do it, and will probably deal far more damage (and less soloes), and his team will have less chance to win...