"200 XP Boost" ?

HoustonBravo

Dear all,

I've been playing SWTOR before during 4.0 only for a brief amount of time. I started playing again a few weeks before 5.0 and noticed a significant reduction of XP. This bothers me because I'd like to progress my alts through class quests only and not through flashpoints / warzones / alternative quests. I've tried searching on google regarding this reduction with no solid answer. I'm a subscriber so I shouln'd be receiving reducing XP gain.

Now, there is a thing I stumbled upon, and that's there's a 200% XP boost on the server? What / how / why is this and when will it return if this is the case?

Sincerely,

A noob.

Hi there! Welcome back to the game! :D The 200 XP boost was a thing they had introduced as a build up to the release of the 5.0 expansion as far as I know, so it won't be back for a while (maybe till they do another big update?) O.O Don't quote me on that 100% cause I'm not sure myself but that's what I think

I'd suggest doing each planet's story arc quests alongside your class ones (they show up as also purple mission icons on the map ;)) as they'd give you more XP, you'll also be given XP boosters as mission rewards sometimes so activate and use those whenever you can (they last for 2 or 3 hours each time I think :))

Sounds like you started playing during an event known as "double xp". They do these from time to time during which you get twice the amount of xp. It ended with the release of 5.0. As a sub you'll find you can also gain what's known as "rested xp". You gain this by logging out in catinas, strongholds, or fleet. Having rested xp will give you a slight boost while leveling. You'll also get a boost in xp gains by joining a guild. You can actually level by doing only class missions (just keep an xp boost running) , but if you haven't done them before, I'd highly recommend doing all the purple missions (class, planetary, & solo FP's). I generally only do the class missions and the few planetary missions/FP's I enjoy, but I've been around for a long time lol. ;)

As a sub you'll find you can also gain what's known as "rested xp". You gain this by logging out in catinas, strongholds, or fleet. Having rested xp will give you a slight boost while leveling.

Specifically, rested XP doubles the XP you gain for killing NPC foes, until the rested XP runs out. It does not affect XP earned for finishing missions, PvP, etc.