Addition to Known Issues - Relaxed Whatever

Tatile

Similar to the current issues with the Relaxed Jumpsuit/Uniform not displaying correctly on several companions, some Player Characters experience the same issue.

There is currently a thread on this by a player so afflicted, but no real solution. (As you can see, Bronholz is doing the trouble-shooting. The last time I saw this on a PC, the PC was a male Body Type 2.)

It isn't a "bug on the NPC itself" its the NPC's body paint. the skin never existed. For example the Torguta Ashara.

She does not have a "body" because their bodypaint blender never made one for her, because she is not on the list of character creation list. Same thing happens on rakghoul skins.

Here is what happened to my Quinn when he had the Rakghoul skin on, but was removed from my party temporarily as a NPC in a quest related event.

http://i43.tinypic.com/5khqpt.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2z9h1co.jpg

In fact, Ashara used to be invisible.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/megafreakintron/SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-01-02_21_50_28_877083.jpg

Youtube Video of her grid plane body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Q1vsv562g

Edited by Magnusheart

My point is, though, that Player Characters have the skin underneath (otherwise you wouldn't be able to take their shirts off or have good results with the Cover Armour), but the issue can still affect Player Characters.

Unless of course you've managed to roll yourself a Togruta.

Edit: Is it possible you've posted in the wrong thread? You're talking about wholly missing textures.

Edited by Tatile

No, you believe that this issue is revolving around the Relaxed Uni/jumpsuit items, when in fact its affecting certain companions because they don't have an existing body skin structure, not the items themselves.

Their body skin was never made in the game, while as players ours were, We can't roll a torguta, or a rakghoul infected player, so making an entire body art was not on their to do list, and this is already on the list of known bugs ;)

Edited by Magnusheart

Its based on the skin color choice of your body type, if you can be more specific on who in question is getting it and what number ont he side scroller for their skin color is, There is little detail for them to work on then just screaming, That it hits players in some way aswell.

Find a person who is affected by it, get his character side scroller creation stats, or else its just dust in the wind.

Edited by Magnusheart

Yes, I mentioned that in my very first post. But this is a bug that wasn't mentioned in the Known Issues List, so I thought it might be a good idea to make a thread about it in the Bug Report Forum. But then you started telling me it was only an issue with Companions, not Player Characters - you deliberately misinterpreted my post for whatever reason--

Actually, you know what? Well done, really. You really had me going there, you really did.

The link in your post's Picutre.

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k353/Tatile/vectorwhat_zps83075eb3.png

Is a companion, Vector.

Greetings Jediants,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

As Tatile has stated, we are aware of this issue occurring on some companion characters and it is currently being looked into.

Out of interest what are the 'specs' of the character that this is occurring on? (Race, class, body type etc.)

Thanks for your patience.

Edited by Magnusheart

The link in your post's Picutre.

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k353/Tatile/vectorwhat_zps83075eb3.png

Is a companion, Vector.

Yes, the OP of that thread used my image to illustrate his point about his character because for some reason he couldn't get a picture of his character, with the issue, onto an image hosting service and use it.

Edit:

Really? You're quoting the Droid who then asks for the Race, Body Type and Class of the affected Character? Even the CSR Droid can read the thread and recognise that this guy is having a problem with his character (why I suggested the Repair tool, rather than just waiting) and yet you can't read the thread?

Why have you selected me - out of literally hundreds of other people - to troll?

Edited by Tatile

• Dev Post

Hi there,

We're aware of and tracking down a few other things that can make skin look strange. For instance, we know that Ashara's Customization 1 can cause her skin to look very strangely purple, and we are aware of NPCs that have the same issue (such as Kalda Bliss, another female Togruta).

However, if you're saying that the Known Issue exists on Player Characters, can you please be specific? What species and class have you experienced this with? Is it only with the specific gear called out in the Known Issue?

Thanks for clarifying with details (and screenshots if possible)!

Really? You're quoting the Droid who then asks for the Race, Body Type and Class of the affected Character? Even the CSR Droid can read the thread and recognise that this guy is having a problem with his character (why I suggested the Repair tool, rather than just waiting) and yet you can't read the thread?

Why have you selected me - out of literally hundreds of other people - to troll?

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to get specifics, if it is on a PLAYER. We need screenshots, side scroller char chreation data which can be extracted from the customization kiosk.

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to get specifics, if it is on a PLAYER. We need screenshots, side scroller char chreation data which can be extracted from the customization kiosk.

Well, unfortunately I'm not one of the two people affected by this bug, so I can't give you any information. But I can tell you that the issues pre-dates the Customisation Kiosk. And my above post links to two images which show the issue on a player character.

=.=" what if it pre-dates the Kiosk? If it doesn't still happen after the kiosk was put in, I don't understand your objection? With the Kiosk, we can use it, and manipulate the creation functions with the black skin options on humans to try and recreate it. Best way to fix a bug, is be able to re-create the bug then work backwards to solve it.

So now I am going to buy a relaxed chest, and try and replicate it, since I have a Jedi Knight Male, like as was shown in the Pic.

Edit:

290ish CC later, and 90k spent. I am unable to replicate the bug on a player on the Kiosk, with the black skin options in which this guy had.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a516/TardisBlu3/Screenshot_2013-03-14_19_21_55_713867_zps0815fe52.jpg

I think it might have already been fixed playercharacter wise, because as Beesodd said in that thread link, all player characters have had a Torso made.

However with his other SS showing his characters name. http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a516/TardisBlu3/Screenshot_2013-03-15_13_17_06_348632_zps9a698e09.jpg

I think Amber would have a better chance at looking up his character stats, other than that, all we know is it happened on a Human Jedi Knight Male, black skin, white hair, I dont know the face, or complexion values.

Edited by Magnusheart

Could it have to do with low image quality settings/older video hardware/drivers?

It would probably be a good idea for the affected people to post your system configurations, driver versions and in-game image quality settings to narrow things down.

Edited by Glzmo

Hi there,

We're aware of and tracking down a few other things that can make skin look strange. For instance, we know that Ashara's Customization 1 can cause her skin to look very strangely purple, and we are aware of NPCs that have the same issue (such as Kalda Bliss, another female Togruta).

However, if you're saying that the Known Issue exists on Player Characters, can you please be specific? What species and class have you experienced this with? Is it only with the specific gear called out in the Known Issue?

Thanks for clarifying with details (and screenshots if possible)!

Hi Amber, Doctor Synoda as well as a few Togrutan NPC females heads are also purple headed or missing textures

• Dev Post
Hi Amber, Doctor Synoda as well as a few Togrutan NPC females heads are also purple headed or missing textures

Yep! We have a bug in for her too. :)

Here's a link to the one other Play Character I've seen with this issue:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5999006&postcount=9

Thanks for posting to clarify where you'd seen this! In general when posting about an issue, it's going to be important that screenshots are current - what's interesting about this thread is that the only reports since Game Update 2.0 (April 9th) are consistent with it only being a problem for Companion Characters right now. A single player report from over two months ago without any other form of verification from other players after 2.0 leads me to believe that player characters are no longer experiencing this. That being said, if anyone is currently seeing this on your personal character, please post! We'll be sure to look into it right away.

A guy in my guild is having the issue that the poster in your reply is having with the Relaxes Jumpsuit top, similar to what Tatile posted in in earlier post. Body type 2, mercenary, human. I think he put in a ticket in game though, I'll see if I can get a screen shot.