Thank you for the Desert Sleen mount

Vodamin

Am I the only one who loves the Bounty Event....?

A few of my guildies were saying in Vent last time it was on that they'd never even bothered to try it, and I was like "what?!"

I really enjoyed it, and was SO STOKED when I finally completed my full frozen & killed list of all Bounties.

Weird how different things appeal to different people. I saw the "desert sleen" and thought, meh maybe I'll grab one cause I already have max BBA rank from hunting all the Bounties

It seems like I haven't been making / finding as much time for it the last several times as I did the first few times. Let's see, looking over my notes (I kept some records of what I got done each time, for whatever random reason)...

week 1 I ran 23 henchmen and 3 kingpins on Harbinger, and I ran 10 henchmen on Red Eclipse

(I remember on Harbinger I had hit the weekly rep cap on the first day of the event)

week 2 I ran 25 henchmen and 10 kingpins on Harbinger, and I ran 7 henchmen and 4 kingpins on Red Eclipse

(I think my rep was maxed on Harbinger after week 2.)

week 3 I ran 1 henchmen and 4 kingpins on Harbinger, and I ran 22 henchmen and 4 kingpins on Red Eclipse

(I think my rep was maxed on Red Eclipse after week 3.)

week 4 I ran 30 henchmen and 5 kingpins on Red Eclipse

week 5 I ran 15 henchmen and 5 kingpins on Red Eclipse

week 6 I ran 21 henchmen and 3 kingpins on Harbinger, and I ran 10 henchmen and 4 kingpins on Red Eclipse

week 7 I ran 4 henchmen on Harbinger, and I ran 3 henchmen on Red Eclipse

Offhand I want to say I might have about 20 spare completed contracts floating around on each server. I have not bought any from anybody and I have not yet used them to purchase anything besides unlocking kingpins. I might have given a few away to a friend a couple times though since we had characters running together and we wanted to unlock kingpins but she didn't have other characters to run it with on her own like I did. Looking at my kingpin unlocks... It looks like I've spent 70 contracts on unlocks on Harbinger and 90 contracts on unlocks on Red Eclipse.

Anyway, personally, I like the event but I look at the prices for the mount and whatever else the rep vendors sell for contracts and they seem kind of high to me.

And then there's the Gree event, which is also pretty neat but I've only put any time into it on Harbinger. And even then, after (I think) the first day of the third time it ran I had maxed out my rep for it and then I lost all motivation to keep it up through the rest of that event or any time it's come back since then.

I hope we get to see the Rakghoul event at least as often as we've seen the Gree event. Not just for maxing out the associated rep, but also since it seems like it'll hit a different planet each time which will hopefully help to mix things up a bit and keep it fresh. Here's hoping the instance is a bit different each time instead of reusing the same tunnels...

Actually, that's part of what's so nice about the bounty event. Even though it's kind of a superficial difference you can run your bounties on different planets to mix things up a bit.

Now I have a little more motivtion to do this event, which I find slightly boring.

But the mount is cool.

I really can't say I like the looks of it that much( I prefer the praxion that costs 50 bounty contracts). But on the other hand it is nice to have seen them add so many animals mounts since they first introduced the tauntaun a few months back( there is what 5-7 diffent kinds of animal mounts + their reskins)

• 1 month later...

Not in game so I can't be sure, but i'd be shocked if it was any different to all the other mounts. Eg bound to the character that equips it.

However, it is easy as pie to mail your completed contracts to what ever toon you want to unlock the mount on. I know that I have contracts spread out across 3 or 4 toons that I acquired them on, and then mail them to the toon that I want to buy something with.

Not in game so I can't be sure, but i'd be shocked if it was any different to all the other mounts. Eg bound to the character that equips it.

However, it is easy as pie to mail your completed contracts to what ever toon you want to unlock the mount on. I know that I have contracts spread out across 3 or 4 toons that I acquired them on, and then mail them to the toon that I want to buy something with.

Yeah, but 50 contracts is a bit steep for something that locks to just one character.

say you have 8 alts (reasonable assumption).

You can do 8 bounties every day during BCW.

That'll give you 56 contracts in a week.

That means you can get 1 sleen every time the BCW is on.

That means It'll take 8 months(!) to get a desert sleen on all your characters :/

Then don't buy it. Problem solved.

I was referring to ShmikB's post that made it sound like it was easy-peasy to get it to all your alts.

It wasn't a complaint about the price in general.

I'm perfectly fine with buying it for only one toon since I only have one toon I feel it fits.

Edited by OddballEasyEight