[petition] How to solve tons of problems within 4 hours of coding

Qwurdilu

Allow to queue for ranked and reg simultaneously

current Problem on low pop servers:

lot of people want to play ranked, but refuse to list due to very long waiting times or no pops at all so they list for regular which results in the following problems:

-literally (!) No ranked queues (except when arranged)

-boredom

-Premades roflstomping in regs

Suggested feature would cost very little to implement, but will help on lowpopserver to maintain at least a minimum of rated gameplay. Please bioware, do this.

I support this, as I queue currently every evening and not a single solo ranked game happened in the last two weeks! Of corse I would prefer cross server warzones, but that would require more work, so this suggested fix here should be take not that much work (since it was that way once anyway, never understood we that was changed in the first place).

You realize the great majority of the current player base shudders at the mere thought of entering a ranked game let alone play one!

They would rage and most likely quit PvP all together!

-----------

Answer: MAKE ALL PVP GAMES RANKED.

That means one queue called PvP Queue and you play like you play now and get ranked based on a 'good' KPI that is not wins based only...Say medals+wins based.

Edited by Cempa

The moment anyone throws in a "four hours of coding" or a "the interns could do it" I know they are completely clueless.

That said, I agree with the premise of this thread.

Im aware that i have no idea on how much time something like this needs, u just wanted to emphasize that it can be done fast and i also needed a lurid headline

Im aware that i have no idea on how much time something like this needs, u just wanted to emphasize that it can be done fast and i also needed a lurid headline

Actually, this takes quite the bit of coding if the Net Code for the game doesnt support it. I would say 2 - 3 weeks worth of coding at 5 hours of coding a day. But that may be on the low or high side. I dont code for a living, hell i cant code for ****. but ive tried it before, and it's VERY brain taxing.

Actually, this takes quite the bit of coding if the Net Code for the game doesnt support it. I would say 2 - 3 weeks worth of coding at 5 hours of coding a day. But that may be on the low or high side. I dont code for a living, hell i cant code for ****. but ive tried it before, and it's VERY brain taxing.

It did support it at one point. Although when it did everyone wanted it gone because ranked premades would tear apart pugs especially since both parties would queue and it was possible to get an entire ranked team against a pug team.

The moment anyone throws in a "four hours of coding" or a "the interns could do it" I know they are completely clueless.

That said, I agree with the premise of this thread.

also, can't help but agree... Developing changes in a game of this scale is different from mod making. 4 hours of coding would probably just result in a system with more problems than it offers solutions.

However, once again, /sign and bump.

This game had a 200 or 300M budget and 3 years to make it, still came out as the biggest half baked crapp ever. All these things peeps been asking for years should have been in the game since day one. Edited by sauerkraut

Even just adding an additional daily for Ranked Ques only would fix the issue with ranked. All people need is a carrot. and if you put in a 100 ranked comm incentive to play 5 matches people will do it.

Even just adding an additional daily for Ranked Ques only would fix the issue with ranked. All people need is a carrot. and if you put in a 100 ranked comm incentive to play 5 matches people will do it.

They said they're making ranked dailies and weeklies. Hopefully they're smart enough to make separate ones for solo and group.

You realize the great majority of the current player base shudders at the mere thought of entering a ranked game let alone play one!

Part of this problem is dealing with the Internet tough guys. You can be fully geared sans 1-2 mods and not have 2018 expertise and you get into a match and start being hounded by these people who religiously check their teammates stats and then just yell and scream and make them feel like crap. I've been in matches where someone will chastise the crap out of our healer because they have 1998exp instead of the perfect 2018 while they still do 100k+ healing per round and then the round loss is blamed on their lack of perfect expertise while the guy yelling was off beating on a tank while he told everyone they needed to focus the healer. This is one reason the removal of 8v8 ranked is such a big deal for multiple reasons. One is that if you have one douche in a pack of 8 people it's not as big of a deal as getting 1-2 of these type players on a four man team. The other is that if you do have someone with slightly lower than 2018exp they can be carried a bit. This is not necessarily a bad thing. If you can carry 1-2 weaker geared players you encourage these players to queue.

the literal only solution to this problem is consolidation into two mega servers. US and EU. Tons of other MMO's do this with great success. Its time for such a change

I personally wouldn't mind the language barrier in Europe, but I think many PvE players wouldn't be too happy if all worlds would become an PvP environment, and I certainly would leave if all worlds would become a PvE environment (I play on a PvP server for a reason).

I personally wouldn't mind the language barrier in Europe, but I think many PvE players wouldn't be too happy if all worlds would become an PvP environment, and I certainly would leave if all worlds would become a PvE environment (I play on a PvP server for a reason).

They would just need to add an option when zoning in to choose whether or not their instance of said planet is PvP enabled.