Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My impression on sorc PvP

Xargas
01.31.2020 , 02:49 PM | #1
My impression sucks about this class From personal expirience and from watching some youtube videos, I noticed that when targeted by equal in gear almost any class, we are dead, unless we run out of combat, run away, using LOS and stuff, till the enemy is so bored with us, that they just give up and go onto another target. For a class that so squishy, it hits very low, healing in DPS spec is also low, most defensive perks can be found only by using abilitiy points. It's like they don't want people to play this class lol. Ok, I'm done, and going to another class, it was a fun ride, but I can't play like this. Thank you for reading.
http://www.swtor.com/r/TPMtD5 get seven days free with this referral link

DeanCarpenter
02.08.2020 , 12:00 PM | #2
Disagree. You don't realize how many utilities you have in this class. You have a god bubble, you have phase walk, you have hard stun, whirlwind, knockback, offheals, solid dps, cleanse, bubble, slows, etc. This is one of the best utility classes in the game with an extremely high ceiling in pvp.

timovdt
02.08.2020 , 12:40 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DeanCarpenter View Post
Disagree. You don't realize how many utilities you have in this class. You have a god bubble, you have phase walk, you have hard stun, whirlwind, knockback, offheals, solid dps, cleanse, bubble, slows, etc. This is one of the best utility classes in the game with an extremely high ceiling in pvp.
It is true we have all of those things but you know who also has all of those a merc who ontop gets better dcd's are easier to play are tankier and get more kill preshure and tools like electro net while having more dcd's aswel.
are sorcs complete garbo tier no that whould only be juggernaut imo atm.

the main thing sorcs suffer from atm is them being called sorcs . No Realy you have 2specs in TK/ling and Madness/balance

TK/ling can be played and you can succeed especialy if you can avoid getting into 4 dps games and not get burned down ontop or near your phasewalk witch is not something you can control in heal,tank 2 dps games TK/ling are quite good becous of there burst and ability to create moments of intense prehshure that can lead to kills but in trade of they are after juggs the most easy to kill class in the game as without lifewarden bubble is verry verry mehhh yes you force one hard swap away from you but when you get out its mere seconds before you are dead again unless you are in a healer/tank game or your oponants do not swap back the shield of bubble is a joke at this point and utility's like corrupting barrier are so bad atm you often dont even gain more then one unatural preservation in terms of health

Madness/Balance on the other hand is The worst spec in the game without a doubt it is extremly easy to kill extremly easy to prevent it from doing its damadge ontop of being even squishier then TK/ling while having less dps as a sustained damadge spec and having no real burst to speak of add to that even worse mobility then ling and more force requiremnt to keep your dps up making runing out of force while ofhealing for the tiny amount we can a real posebility

then if you compare both specs to the other ranged classes ling can stand up to merc in dps but is nowhere close to it in terms of survivability while also having a higer execution demand to not just get deleted of the planet
also added we dont have a skill like electro net that can literly guarentee kills if used correctly witch is so underrated and in terms of ofhealing as i have played both sorcs seem only slightly better at it becous of our hot and maybe a bubble at the start of the round witch is not allot realy

then vs sniper its not even a comparison the only category sorcs win in vs them id say is mobility but then why whould they need mobility when you can sit still and not be stoped (yes i know operatives and sins **** you over but they are out of wack and ruin everyone)
they have good burst some of the if not the best sustained damadge
no ofhealing but some extremly powerfull defensive tools like the team barrier (the name eludes me sorry :/)
while having a bunch of tools to kite and make distance if they wish that are more numerous then those of sorc.
maybe TK/ling can outburst it but thats only if people give sorcs the chance and that in any form of ranked pvp does not happen atleast not from what i have seen. in just normal wzs TK/ling is fine it could use some buffs or remain as is and its fine.Madness/Balance on the other hand needs Help and ALLOT of it imo they are still weaker then juggernauts/guardians who them selves realy could use some love.

TLDR TK/ling fine in normal needs a bit of help in ranked.Madness needs help in both.Nerfing sins/shadow Op/scound should help allot aswell as those are completly destroying everything they get there hands on

Cempa
02.20.2020 , 04:59 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xargas View Post
My impression sucks about this class From personal expirience and from watching some youtube videos, I noticed that when targeted by equal in gear almost any class, we are dead, unless we run out of combat, run away, using LOS and stuff, till the enemy is so bored with us, that they just give up and go onto another target. For a class that so squishy, it hits very low, healing in DPS spec is also low, most defensive perks can be found only by using abilitiy points. It's like they don't want people to play this class lol. Ok, I'm done, and going to another class, it was a fun ride, but I can't play like this. Thank you for reading.
You realize that others are playing this class and having fun/success with it? Even as Madness in PvP! You can find videos and guides online ...
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

Uruare
03.26.2020 , 12:10 AM | #5
Best way to play sorc is to stop caring.

No, really. Stop caring about how you stack up compared to other classes. Ignore it. Pretend it doesn't even exist.

If you pay attention to that, you're going to have a bad time, because most of the time, it won't be flattering. You'll work twice as hard to do what mercs faceroll. You'll die when sneezed at twice after your 'god bubble' evaporates. You'll be allowed to freecast in pvp while warriors and mercs kill everyone important before they three-shot you because you're going to be pretty ignorable, unless you're throwing single target heals.

ST healing will be your only moment to shine. You will be out-shone by mercs in this.

Your DPS will be forgettable. You'll be just fine in pve, but your role in pvp will be to tell the people playing a real class how many people just rolled you at your objective point. You can always stand around objective points and be an ST healer until the people playing real classes get tired of you thinking you're a real healer, sneeze once and force you to bubble, then sneeze again when your bubble drops and kill you.

Stop. Caring.

The more you care, the more you'll ask pointless questions that won't be answered. You won't have any fun. You'll be annoyed all the time, every time you think about it.

Just as soon as you stop caring about any and all of this, you'll be in a good place, and then you'll get to hear crappy players accuse you of being OP because you've got force speed and never want to reach through the internet and pour six gallons of beer into their PC case again.