Maintenance: February 16, 2021

CommunityTeam

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on February 16, 2021, to deploy Game Update 6.2.1.>

Details:

DATE: February 16, 2021

TIME: 6:00AM - 9:00AM PST (1400 - 1700 UTC)

VERSION: 6.2.1

Patch notes will be available on Monday, here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

The patch notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now up and you can find them here: Game Update 6.2.1.

First off, while i'm not a big fan of the new ui within the 'amp' changes , i'd still like to say THANKS for all the many BUG-FIXES overall! Very much appreciated , BioWare. ;)

Especially for THIS....

Galactic Starfighter

General

Added Reputation Rewards to the following Missions: .

THANKS SOOOO MUCH FOR THOSE ^ :sy_starship:

Now if only you could please consider enhancing those 'arcade' Space missions with stuff like this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=989175 ... And, please try re-coding GSF to give us some joystick support (real cyber-sim pilots don't use a darn MOUSE, bleh! :mad: )

-------

Heroic Moment abilities can no longer be used if there is not enough space on the temporary ability bar when fighting the Emperor in “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission.

hmm, i'm confused by why that ^ was changed? I've done that end-fight a few times , with & without 'heroic moment' usage, and i never noticed any problems with the temp bar . Sure it got a bit crowded over-flowed , but each command-box was still clickable. Was this just more of a difficulty change? (as in, heroic moment = "OP" ? )

----

RPM-13 will no longer be obtained from the Daily or Weekly Solo Ranked Warzone Lockbox. RPM-13 can still be obtained via Group Ranked.

Interesting change.... But does that mean we could possible see a return of 8-person gRanked soon??

------

Crafting Conquest Objectives now only progress once per craft, even if multiple items are created by the schematic. .

Cool , now that exploits are diminished , any chance u guys/gals could re-focus your efforts and please delve more into the re-invigorating of Crafting "content" and execution? Like ohhh i dunno, just as an example, something like THIS: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=989705 ... :D

Ahhh, just a simple

is all. -- Thanks again for the bug fixes, BioWare. /bow for now

Rakghoul Resurgence

Added a purchasable Rakghoul Antibody Dispersion Droid to Jeelvic, the Rakghoul Vendor. This ability will provide immunity to the Rakghoul plague for 6 hours to the player and nearby party members. The Droid will require Legend standing with THORN to purchase, and cost:

50 Rakghoul DNA Canisters

4 Exotic Plague Specimen

1 Symbiotic Fungal Bloom

1 Barnacle of the Eyeless

For that price, it better be reusable and be legacy bound.

It would also be nice if Exotic Plague Specimen would be unbound.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

I don't understand the mat harvesting nerf. It generates such an inconsequential number of conquest points and is very time intensive. Based on the number of nodes available running from the heroic quest giver to the heroic location, no one was abusing this for conquest points. On the other hand it was a nice bump for people who do heroics the right way instead of using the quick travel exploit. I guess we should also nerf the CQ points gained from kills in Operations and Flashpoints some more. They are giving out far too many CQ points and are being abused.

The whole crafting thing should have been approached piecemeal starting with the multi-craft. That would have taken care of virtually all of the abuse by the large conquest guilds. The other activities nerfed had nothing to do with the large conquest guild conquest exploit.

For that price, it better be reusable and be legacy bound.

It would also be nice if Exotic Plague Specimen would be unbound.

For that price it is a ridiculous replacement for the old relics. All they had to do was make a reusable stim, but in typical BW fashion they give us this.

Decent list of bug fixes and corrections, even if most are minor.

Dumb changes like re-scaling uprisings and more whack-a-mole changes to conquest suggest resources still being wasted.

Long list of minor changes under 'Economy', but nothing which would tamper down the insane inflation which suggests leaky holes on the credit generating side of the game.

>>Removed the knock-off protection mention from the tooltip of the following mounts as there is no longer knock-off protection in the game:

When did this happen? Better question why? Why do you insist on making changes that make travelling around a planet even less fun?

Long list of minor changes under 'Economy', but nothing which would tamper down the insane inflation which suggests leaky holes on the credit generating side of the game.

Just curious: How do you expect them (BioWare) to tackle the inevitable "insane" inflation that occurs with nearly every MMO in history that's lasted longer than a couple years?

And i'm not trolling btw. I really earnestly would be curious to know methods to avoid normal inflation of a 9+ year old game. Other than getting rid of the whole pay-to-get-stuff 'micro transaction' business model in favor of a more PLAYER-crafted player-generated economy.

Just curious: How do you expect them (BioWare) to tackle the inevitable "insane" inflation that occurs with nearly every MMO in history that's lasted longer than a couple years?

And i'm not trolling btw. I really earnestly would be curious to know methods to avoid normal inflation of a 9+ year old game. Other than getting rid of the whole pay-to-get-stuff 'micro transaction' business model in favor of a more PLAYER-crafted player-generated economy.

Cap players at more reasonable max amount of credits per toon + legacy/guild bank (not billions), that way they can't stockpile cash. Pretty simple.

Edited by DragonSire

The source of the problem is the same in all MMORPGs: too many things which give "money for nothing", and not enough that take it away. The reasons we move that money from player to player are neither here nor there.

I'm not paid to manage the economy - that's on them.

But watching items go from a few million to tens of millions to hundreds of millions in just a few years is a level of inflation I've never seen in another game - so it suggests to me that whatever they are doing isn't working.

For comparison, I checked the value of gold in WoW. It is very close to the same place it's been for the past two or three years (several expansions)- so clearly not every MMO developer sucks at managing their economy.

Oh and to add - as far as I know, they still don't sell credits in the CM - so microtransactions are NOT the source of inflation as they are not the source of credits.

Excessive amounts of credits are being generated in-game and dumped into the economy with few offsetting sinks.

Edited by DawnAskham

Cap players at more reasonable max amount of credits per toon + legacy/guild bank (not billions), that way they can't stockpile cash. Pretty simple.

Except it isn't simple anymore, since not even BioWare would nerf subscribers' credit limit BACK from what it is currently right now. (sorry BioWare, couldn't resist lol /ducks )

So therein lies my point, and my query: SWTOR is a 9+ year old game now, with normal game inflation that's clearly gotten way beyond "reason" .

What other solution should BioWare implement , other than what i mentioned above (which EA wouldn't allow) and other than what credit-sinks they've already been trying? (re: new augments + mats, for example)

Isn't the credit-cat just already wayyyyy out of the Cartel-bag? :eek:

---------------------

I'm not paid to manage the economy - that's on them.

uhh, You can still offer solutions though , no?

Aren't we all sorta in this together? (aka, 'Community' :cool: )

---

Oh and to add - as far as I know, they still don't sell credits in the CM - so microtransactions are NOT the source of inflation as they are not the source of credits.

I respectfully disagree. Everyone knows the Cartel "market" is an indirect legal way to "sell credits" , as in player-X pays RL money for shiney mostly exclusive items which garner them fast easy credits in 36-hour turn-a-round.

And there's no way a video-game company is gonna limit someone's RL wallet or personal desires to spend & sell whatever he/she chooses within the Cartel parameters. This is why the whole micro-transaction thing is utterly counter-productive, imho. But i digress....

---

Excessive amounts of credits are being generated in-game and dumped into the economy with few offsetting sinks.

Which is again why i reiterate the need for a PLAYER-driven player-CRAFTED economy , even in a 'theme-park' non-sandbox MMO like SWTOR.

Edited by Nee-Elder

The source of the problem is the same in all MMORPGs: too many things which give "money for nothing", and not enough that take it away. The reasons we move that money from player to player are neither here nor there.

Not true, this game charges you for every damn thing you do. Craft, Repair armor, Remove items, Travel (small), Amplifiers etc etc.

They charge players more than enough...in fact too much. Players don't get rich killing a single mob for like 100 credits.

They get them by hoarding credits over long time, playing the GTN or even worse some from exploits, botting, farming.

You've got players with maybe a few million in the bank and others with billions. You can't have a balanced economy with such a huge divide of cash. So they need to either find a huge money sink in the game aimed at rich players, that is outside of gearing or you cap players from earning and hoarding huge amounts of credits.

Except it isn't simple anymore, since not even BioWare would nerf subscribers' credit limit BACK from what it is currently right now. (sorry BioWare, couldn't resist lol /ducks )

Simple no. It should have happened years ago.

Even if it did they would have to allow those with the credits to keep them or find a way to compensate them. Thats' about the only way the problem wont get worse.

Ideally you would still need to find a way to get them to spend them. Without alienating the rest of the player base.

Crafting 6.0 just makes it worse. Average joe doesn't have 1-2 billion to unlock crafting. But rich players do...they they make it up being the only ones who can sell the high end gear and mats while everyone else plays catch up.

Rich get richer (compounds quickly)

Edited by DragonSire

You've got players with maybe a few million in the bank and others with billions. You can't have a balanced economy with such a huge divide of cash..

Sounds like the same problem people have on EARTH lol

And round & round we go as a society.... :(

-----

Ideally you would still need to find a way to get them to spend them. Without alienating the rest of the player base.

Ay, there's the rub! (and probably what keeps Developers up at night :csw_crawler: )

Edited by Nee-Elder

Not true, this game charges you for every damn thing you do. Craft, Repair armor, Remove items, Travel (small), Amplifiers etc etc.

And they used to charge for a bunch of other things (there weren't as many fast-travel options(0), and you had to pay substantial sums for ability training(1)(2)), too, but ... (And armour repairs and modification removal used to cost a *lot* more...)

They charge players more than enough...in fact too much. Players don't get rich killing a single mob for like 100 credits.

No, true, they don't get rich that way, but killing those mobs while running a series of Heroics? That gives a lot more credits than it used to.

(0) Before 4.0, you had to pay to go to other planets because there weren't any "free transport to Heroics" buttons and so on, and you had to use taxis when travelling around planets if you didn't want to take the time to go on foot / on speeder. No, it wasn't much, but I do remember having to go back out onto a planet and kill mobs for a while in order to be able to afford to travel to the next planet on my class story. (OK, you got me. At that time I was playing Preferred, *and* crafting, and it left me perpetually poor, but that's more or less my point.)

(1) Indeed, we, the players complained bitterly about that one when 3.0 dropped and the abilities trained at levels 56 to 60 cost what was, then, a big whack of cash. On reflection, it's a perfect example of "Be careful what you wish for, because you might get it."

(2) Don't forget that at launch, Speeder Piloting 1 cost something silly like 40K credits, which was a *lot* back then.

>>Removed the knock-off protection mention from the tooltip of the following mounts as there is no longer knock-off protection in the game:

When did this happen? Better question why? Why do you insist on making changes that make travelling around a planet even less fun?

It's been gone a while, we've had a few threads complaining about, they probably got rid of the tool tips so they can pretend it never existed :rolleyes:

Too late for that, too many billionaires in the game, what are they supposed to do, remove all their credits? Not to mention, if they reduced the credit cap significantly lower , there'd be less incentive to spend real money on the cash shop, and they'd lose a ton of money from their cash cow.

This is the issue, that, and of course, the numerous exploits that weren't stopped fast enough, and people who exploited, were allowed stay, and still sell their ill gotten gains.

And if they were to bring in expensive toys for the billionaires, there's no guarantee they'd buy them, and you'd have the less well of folks complaining they couldn't get them. /shrug

They get them by hoarding credits over long time, playing the GTN or even worse some from exploits, botting, farming.

Actually you can get rich from killing mobs, just have to kill the right ones, do the heroics, dailies, etc, do CQ on multiple chars, do all the daily missions for pvp, gsf, etc. It ALL adds up. The throw in some crafting, some gtn playing, and bob's your aunt ;)