In defense of BioWare

DarthCnox

This is quite a poop-storm as a result of today's patch, but I write now to beg that the player community take a deep breath, and not let emotion get the better of us. Today's patch definitely introduced issues, and although it only impacts a part of one planet in the entire game universe, the effects will ripple down through other areas of the game through warzone gameplay experience.

With that said:

Dear BioWare:

You put together a good game. Voice acting for 99% of your mission content? Unbelieveable. Graphics are nice, the models are well done, story lines are good. You packed enough content that playing multiple characters can provide a very unique experience. Despite glitches in animations and responsiveness, people still come back for more, playing warzone after warzone, gearing up and getting better. I think many people have changed their opinion of Hutt Ball, and I think this was a very innovative game mechanic that you introduced into the MMO PvP experience.

I do not think that Ilum should be considered 'the endgame content' space. You've provided Hard Mode instances, now we have tier 50 warzones, you have the legacy system which will means rolling alts will progress the main character's abilities (eventually). I consider Ilum really a very small fraction of the game, and I think players are being unfair to base their entire opinion of the game based on what is happening there.

You have given us frequent patch updates. Issues have come up in the past, and you have proven that you can respond in a timely manner. We've seen 3 or 4 patches in a week, and while some haters say that it's unreasonable, people should appreciate that you are making the best fixes you can in the shortest amount of turnaround.

Bearing this in mind, you should try to contain the situation on Ilum. For those that reaped huge rewards out of the current situation? Congrats to them, they just hit the lottery. In 2 weeks, no one will know the difference (if this is contained swiftly).

I know you guys are capable of it, I know you guys want to do the best you can for the game and the players, and even your investors. Get out there, and roll up those sleeves, and clean up the mess before it really really gets out of control.

Thanks again. Regardless of how this all turns out, I will definitely look back at the first month of playtime with good memories and a fun (if not bittersweet) experience.

This is quite a poop-storm as a result of today's patch, but I write now to beg that the player community take a deep breath, and not let emotion get the better of us. Today's patch definitely introduced issues, and although it only impacts a part of one planet in the entire game universe, the effects will ripple down through other areas of the game through warzone gameplay experience.

With that said:

Dear BioWare:

You put together a good game. Voice acting for 99% of your mission content? Unbelieveable. Graphics are nice, the models are well done, story lines are good. You packed enough content that playing multiple characters can provide a very unique experience. Despite glitches in animations and responsiveness, people still come back for more, playing warzone after warzone, gearing up and getting better. I think many people have changed their opinion of Hutt Ball, and I think this was a very innovative game mechanic that you introduced into the MMO PvP experience.

I do not think that Ilum should be considered 'the endgame content' space. You've provided Hard Mode instances, now we have tier 50 warzones, you have the legacy system which will means rolling alts will progress the main character's abilities (eventually). I consider Ilum really a very small fraction of the game, and I think players are being unfair to base their entire opinion of the game based on what is happening there.

You have given us frequent patch updates. Issues have come up in the past, and you have proven that you can respond in a timely manner. We've seen 3 or 4 patches in a week, and while some haters say that it's unreasonable, people should appreciate that you are making the best fixes you can in the shortest amount of turnaround.

Bearing this in mind, you should try to contain the situation on Ilum. For those that reaped huge rewards out of the current situation? Congrats to them, they just hit the lottery. In 2 weeks, no one will know the difference (if this is contained swiftly).

I know you guys are capable of it, I know you guys want to do the best you can for the game and the players, and even your investors. Get out there, and roll up those sleeves, and clean up the mess before it really really gets out of control.

Thanks again. Regardless of how this all turns out, I will definitely look back at the first month of playtime with good memories and a fun (if not bittersweet) experience.

i'd trade voice acting if it ment fixing these problems

The only problem here is that everyone had already given up on the horribly broken end-game PvE content. PvP was the last potential hope for the game, and by breaking that too there's not really anything to do at end-game that isn't terrible.

The only problem here is that everyone had already given up on the horribly broken end-game PvE content. PvP was the last potential hope for the game, and by breaking that too there's not really anything to do at end-game that isn't terrible.

Yeah, it sucks that this isn't an MMO and can never be changed ever.

Oh wait.

Not enough people say thank you in this community. EVERYONE who supports this game, simply post thank you as a reply.

Thank you.

Sadomasochism. This word mean anything to you? I mean whatever floats your boat but i'm not into it and sure as hell aren't paying for it.

Edited by Localhost

If players hadn't been little gear whoring bad sports and refused to fight in Ilum and instead traded with the enemy, there never would have needed to be a patch in the first place. Then at least the faction imbalances would have progressed naturally and been very obvious much sooner, if still in need of resolution. Edited by maradigamer

The bad news was that many of the flash points had broken boss fights.

Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandolorian Raiders, The Foundry, Directive 7, The False Emporer ...

All had broken fights. And those are just the ones off the top of my head.

The Good news is that Bioware is claiming to have addressed many of the issues with these fights in the latest patch. But it still points to a problem. People couldn't do the initial end game PVE content because so many of the Flash Points had bugs in place that prevented their completion. So I am assuming that even on the PVE servers people began to explorer the PVP aspects of the game to compensate.

Now, Bioware is telling us the PVE portion is playable but in return all but broke the PVP aspect of the game. PVE on a PVP server. It almost leaves a bad taste in one's mouth. PVP equipment can be used in PVE. But PVE equipment lacks expertise which is a necessity for playing in PVP events.

Just not the same.