Hatred VS Deception

Mistglide

Yo,

I recently started playing assassin (so forgive my ignorance if this is common knowledge). Until now I kept playing sith warrior so I got used to the AOE damage that vengeful slam does high lighsaber damage skills. I noticed that for the sith assassin deception and hatred both offer high attack output so I was wondering which focuses more on the AOE/DOTS aspect and which focuses more on singular enemies and DPS?

Also, in your opinion, which of the 3 assassin subclasses are best in PVE? In terms of both damage and health.

Thanks

Yo,

I recently started playing assassin (so forgive my ignorance if this is common knowledge). Until now I kept playing sith warrior so I got used to the AOE damage that vengeful slam does high lighsaber damage skills. I noticed that for the sith assassin deception and hatred both offer high attack output so I was wondering which focuses more on the AOE/DOTS aspect and which focuses more on singular enemies and DPS?

Also, in your opinion, which of the 3 assassin subclasses are best in PVE? In terms of both damage and health.

Thanks

hatred is sure a dot spreader and deception is single target

i am not sure about pve but in pvp deception seem strong in one vs one and hatred in aoe

but hatred is much squishier than deception

Yo,

Thanks

Deception is one of the strongest dps specs currently in the game. Hatred on the otherhand is widely regarded as one of the worst. Deception has a slight edge in terms of aoe, but is worse in every other aspect of the game.

• 1 month later...
Deception is one of the strongest dps specs currently in the game. Hatred on the otherhand is widely regarded as one of the worst. Deception has a slight edge in terms of aoe, but is worse in every other aspect of the game.

Given the first half of your post, I assume you meant to say that Hatred is "worse in every other aspect"? In which case I'll suggest that Hatred has one other major advantage: it doesn't look so silly. Seriously, Deception is a blast to play, but all the saber-twirling gets ridiculous. If only said set could simply upgrade Thrash/Shock, rather than replacing them completely...

• 3 weeks later...