1.2 operation ?

I've seen this vid I've seen that vid. Please. I run ops weekly. I run my guild daily. If you go into an Op in NIGHTMARE Mode with 1 tank Especially on 8 man your a tool. So to answer his question. You will always need 2 tanks 1 dps tank 1 mt for every op on NM also the raids aren't so easy after all are they if 97% of every server cant even clear HMs. Fact.

You're bad. I single tanked both 8 man NiM EV and 8 man NiM KP title runs. No 8 man content in this game needs 2 tanks.

Edited by LessQQMorePewPew

And I would love to see 1 Video anywhere out there clearing a Nightmare Mode Soa/Karagga or any part of the instance without an MT supported by some type of Tank/dps as his back up. You wont find it because that video doesn't exist. There is always a Dps Tank there for emergencies. Hes dps spec and if the mt falls he picks it up till he gets back up then they roll buffs and the mt takes over again. Fact.

I can FRAPS it next tuesday or wednesday.

And I would love to see 1 Video anywhere out there clearing a Nightmare Mode Soa/Karagga or any part of the instance without an MT supported by some type of Tank/dps as his back up. You wont find it because that video doesn't exist. There is always a Dps Tank there for emergencies. Hes dps spec and if the mt falls he picks it up till he gets back up then they roll buffs and the mt takes over again. Fact.

Not that I've cleared Nightmare but you do realise that you are supporting exactly what the OP is about...

You don't need 2 tanks. You need 1 tank and one dps that can occasionally throw on some tank gear or do an emergency charge/cylinder/form swap and tank for a bit. A second person who is for all intents considered a tank doesnt exist... he's merely a beefy dps/occasional OT

You're bad. I single tanked both 8 man NiM EV and 8 man NiM KP title runs. No 8 man content in this game needs 2 tanks.

I would love to know what you do for the stacking Tank debuff on Heavy Fabricator in HM KP without a OT of some kind.

will we need 2 tank in 1.2 cuz now we can roll all hm ops whit only 1 tank ... and wanted to know if this will be the same for 1.2 ?

Everyone in this thread is talking about current raid content .

OP to answer your question.... yes the new 1.2 raid will specifically need 2 "real" fully tank spec'd & appropriatly geared tanks. Tank swap mechanics are being introduced i.e bleeds , AC debuffs , threat drops etc etc which will dictate tank swaps. This applies to both 8/16 man raid content.

Is likely the same amount of healers will be required on majority of encounters, so its basically bye to DPS spot so a second tank can fill that number i.e 3 DPS / 8man OP

Edited by Lord_Galadrind

Everyone in this thread is talking about current raid content & arguing with each other... " but we do it with one tank" , whilst others are saying "but we do it with one MT & one OS DPS in mix tanky gear" etc etc.

OP to answer your question.... yes the new 1.2 raid will specifically need 2 "real" fully tank spec'd & appropriatly geared tanks. Tank swap mechanics are being introduced i.e bleeds , AC debuffs , threat drops etc etc which will dictate tank swaps. This applies to both 8/16 man raid content.

Is likely the same amount of healers will be required on majority of encounters, so its basically bye to DPS spot so a second tank can fill that number i.e 3 DPS / 8man OP

isnt it 4 man dps in an 8 man op if you have 2 tanks and 2 healers?

For people like my guild and myself that strive for progression to see people saying the raids are "Easy" from people who cant clear NM on 8 or 16 and that don't have the titles is a joke. Clear the content completely before you express an endgame opinion in Columni Gear"

lolololololololol

im sorry but how is it even possible to be striving for progression anymore? you are calling ppl bad but you havent even completed the VERY simple task of clearing nm 2months ago let alone now? wow.... just wow

I would love to know what you do for the stacking Tank debuff on Heavy Fabricator in HM KP without a OT of some kind.

Assuming your healers don't suck, it's easy. The damage buff + tank debuff aren't enough to cause any major problems.

Yes, even in Nightmare, it's dead easy to heal through without tank switches.

• 3 weeks later...
Assuming your healers don't suck, it's easy. The damage buff + tank debuff aren't enough to cause any major problems.

Yes, even in Nightmare, it's dead easy to heal through without tank switches.

Yeah, but it makes it 10 times easier to have an off tank. Not only does it only take 1 healer that way, but it's really easy to get the boss into position on the switch offs (he loves to dance around while continually on 1 tank). Plus if someone screws up and blows up all the melee with a dot on their back it's no problem for a healer to get them up to full health quick since they don't have to be on the tank at all times.

Sure, it can be done. Yet if you have an assassin or powertech or jugg dps in your group it's really easy for them to off tank and makes the fight a complete breeze.

BTW...I feel the real reason for this change is to balance the player base and make finding a tank easier for people in heroics and flashpoints. Raids only require 1 tank out of 8 players (heck, even out of 16), but for flashpoints you need 1 out of 4 as a tank. Tank are in low supply since they know the demand for tanks in raid groups is low, so finding a tank for heroics/flashpoints is a huge pain.