Augmented Holocomm, and other tacticals/set bonuses that give an extra charge

AndriusAjax

Augmented Holocomm is a tactical for operative/scoundrel that gives Trick Move an extra charge. You can put the Tactical on, let the second charge fill up, and then change to your normal tactical, and the 2nd charge stays active.

It's really useful to use to start any wz. So when you're in the waiting room before the wz begins, put on Augmented Holocomm, let the second charge fill up, then take it off for your normal/DPS Tactical.

I started doing this couple days ago, and I feel a little guilty... but mostly.. I started thinking that maybe other classes have something more beneficial they're doing it with.

For instance, we have a set bonus, The Debilitator, that gives our four second stun, Dirty Kick, two charges. I'm quite eager to save up and buy this set to see if it can be used similarly. I.e., what if I put all of those armor pieces on, and after the two charges fill up, take them off for my normal set. Then id have 2 hard stuns, but wearing DPS set bonus... I have not tested it yet, but plan to this evening. [Tested, works]

But are there any other classes that can play around with this stuff and see? I have a feeling it might not be limited to just that Tactical...

Edited by AndriusAjax

Not the point though is it.

You get a free charge of, in this case, a stun before going into combat.

For commandos it could be 3 charges of tech override before it goes on cd iirc. That's a bit whatever though.

Can if you're sharpish however, charge Vortex Bolt to 200% damage with Burning Bright then swap to Primed Ignition and now your first Vortex Bolt will hit hard AND apply a burn.

This is not very abusable because its a timed buff on your bar and you'll lose it 15s after you lose combat to swap to another tac however I expect to see parse queens abusing it for a super opener. Or I won't because I don't care enough these days.

Edited by Gyronamics

Yeah but after you use that charge it doesn’t recharge the second one as far as I know. Maybe I wasn’t paying attention enough.

No after you use it, it works as it should. But everytime I disengage combat, I put it on just to see if I can get another charge, before swapping back to my main tactical prior to engaging combat.

You get a free charge of, in this case, a stun before going into combat.

And I'm not sure about the Debilitator set bonus yet. Armor sets and tacticals may work differently.... I plan on testing it tonight. I'm pretty close to being able to buy the entire set. [Tested, works]

And no, it's not a huge advantage. Trick Move, that is. But I'm mainly asking about other classes, like, evidently tech overdrive and... whatever other classes can get 2 charges of. One of them may be pretty advantageous. So I'm just trying to suss out when this works and for what classes/abilities.

Edited by AndriusAjax

I tried this with Two Cloaks, and yes, I keep 2 charges even after removing the Tactical.

HOWEVER, with this specific Tactical I am incentivised to keep it on anyway. Because I want it to keep recharging two charges throughout the match. If I swap back to Two Cloaks at the start of the 2nd round, I will only have 1 Cloak anyway because of the long recharge CD.

I can see this being useful on shorter CD abilities though.