Biochem Rakata=Energized or Exotech

DarthNur

Could somebody explain plz why do we need Biochem now if Rakata=Energized or Exotech,:confused: there is no benefit at all? So i can reset it now and just buy Energized or Exotech on the market, right? Edited by DarthNur

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could somebody explain plz why do we need Biochem now if Rakata=Energized or Exotech,:confused: there is no benefit at all? So i can reset it now and just buy Energized or Exotech on the market, right?

Sure. Or you can just craft your Rakata reusables and never have to buy them.

Good luck trying to buy the Exotech.. just logged in after the patch and my two Exotech adrenal recipes from EV still say 'Invalid schematic'.

Maybe I will be able to make u them in May when BW get around to responding to my ticket? Assuming they ever do respond of course.

Annoys me when the people working on the game have forgotten how the item system along with the naming of them works.

Doing Rakata= Energized on biochem is just plain pure fail. Now there is no reason why we should not have trainable rakata implants aswell.

Edited by TrungNhi

I see lot of post asking what is the point of Bio now, or why guild would now not ask it to be mandatory.

Do you know what it means when it says it is re-usable?

Medpacks are pretty close to any healer's "big" heal. And it is in 90 sec cooldown.

Re-usable means you use it EVERY TIME WHEN IT IS UP.

Consumable means it is for emergency only, like when you are at below 50% and heal isn't coming.

Would you understand what it means if say everyone in your raid has one?

What it means in initial pull? to the threat to the healer if they can simply skip that initial heal to tank or that they know they can rely on their DPS to heal themselves every 90 sec?

Really you can't possibly think of advantage of having EVERYONE in your raid have a button that says "heal self, 3750 - 4575 pts. 90 sec cooldown"

Good luck trying to buy the Exotech.. just logged in after the patch and my two Exotech adrenal recipes from EV still say 'Invalid schematic'.

I have the same issue, 2 x Exotech recipes which apparently are 'Invalid schematic'.

Btw the rakata are already nerfed. The tooltips are old but look at your stats.

The problem is not that rakata is inferior to exotech now. The problem is, that you will have to raid for PvP. It looks more and more like wow vanilla.

Bla bla bla, reusable, bla bla. You always have to go for max stats. Especially in pvp. 2h does not get cancelled upon death? Need, if there is even a hint of better stats.

I do not understand the lingo here.

Do I have this right?

1. My level 48 purple ReUseable medpack, stims can now be used by everyone?

2. The rakata are NO DIFFERENT than these level 48 purple ReUseable medpack, stims ?

However, they have not changed the mouse over effects?

Could this really be accurate?

I do not understand the lingo here.

Do I have this right?

1. My level 48 purple ReUseable medpack, stims can now be used by everyone?

2. The rakata are NO DIFFERENT than these level 48 purple ReUseable medpack, stims ?

However, they have not changed the mouse over effects?

Could this really be accurate?

People wo say it is not confusing have not biochem.

Rakata is = lvl 48 reusable

lvl 48 reusable goes away at death, rakata does not. This is the only upside of rakata, wich is plain stupid.

Neither rakata nor lvl 48 reusables can be used by others (afaik)

Exotech are hardmode raid stims/adrenals which now have the old rakata stats, but get consumed. Those can be used by anyone.

As for buffs, there is no upside for having biochem anymore. Everyone can use the max stats Exotech stuff.

Never ending heal pots are still only usable by biochemists, but heal for less then blues.

Edited by Karenai

Rakata is = lvl 48 reusable

lvl 48 reusable goes away at death, rakata does not. This is the only upside of rakata, wich is plain stupid.

Neither rakata nor lvl 48 reusables can be used by others (afaik)

If people can not use the lvl 48 purple reusable medpack without biochem then I do not understand why people are saying they are dropping biochem.

Because ppl are supposed to be able use them.

Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals no longer require Biochem to use.

Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals are no longer bound, allowing them to be traded or sold to other players.

Rakata reusable stims and adrenals have been reduced in power, providing buffs equal to Energized stims and adrenals. However, the tooltips for these items have not been updated and will still display old values.

If people can not use the lvl 48 purple reusable medpack without biochem then I do not understand why people are saying they are dropping biochem.

Because you do not need it anymore for the max stats buffs. While other stuff still gives you around 30+ on your main stat.

As for buffs, there is no upside for having biochem anymore. Everyone can use the max stats Exotech stuff.

Never ending heal pots are still only usable by biochemists, but heal for less then blues.

Right, except for that whole "reusable" part.

And biochemists used to be someone who were envied cause they had some advantage, to now who still has advantage (in unlimited heal) PLUS now something that people want to buy from.

WoW, I am sooo sorry that happened to you. I dunno how you ever gonna handle people trying to give you credit for your stuff or your guild-mate asking you for your stuff that could help them.

Life must be pure hell.

Before I went bio, I used to buy stims from the droid vendor and would burn through 40 of them a night - at 1,500 cred each... This was for heal stims only.

I still think Bio is a great prof considering how much money it SAVES you. I have reusable stims, adrenals and buffs now. I don't even have to think twice about when to use it. I just pop it.

Before I went bio, I used to buy stims from the droid vendor and would burn through 40 of them a night - at 1,500 cred each... This was for heal stims only.

I still think Bio is a great prof considering how much money it SAVES you. I have reusable stims, adrenals and buffs now. I don't even have to think twice about when to use it. I just pop it.

but now those reusable ones can be used by everyone is what seems to be the big change. So now I can use my reusables and since rakate only persists through death, big friggin deal, I can click on them like I have been after I died. However, I can not think of what I would switch to, maybe get a grenade that can be used every 5 minutes. lol

I am a bit confused right now.

Are the level 48 epic stim-packs re-useable for everyone now? Or do they still have a biochem requirement? I have a 48 medpack/companion medkit thingy (epic) that still says I need biochem to use it.

Slightly confused.

but now those reusable ones can be used by everyone is what seems to be the big change. So now I can use my reusables and since rakate only persists through death, big friggin deal, I can click on them like I have been after I died. However, I can not think of what I would switch to, maybe get a grenade that can be used every 5 minutes. lol

No they cannot, go read the patch notes.

Sure. Or you can just craft your Rakata reusables and never have to buy them.

Which is worthless if you're in a min/max raiding guild.

The Rakata stuff should have been nerfed to Exotech levels, not Energized levels. The profession is effectively garbage now for a min/maxer.

Which is worthless if you're in a min/max raiding guild.

The Rakata stuff should have been nerfed to Exotech levels, not Energized levels. The profession is effectively garbage now for a min/maxer.

This is true. And if you are raiding you have millions of credits so the reusable stims don't matter because you also probably have alts who will now have biochem and will simply be used to make your stims while you main takes up artifice or cybertech and gets their stat boost from a relic or earpiece, on top of the exotech stim.