FAN-MADE Pre-Onslaught State of the Galaxy Article

Anysao

Hello there, SWTOR Community!

So, on October 18 Charles Boyd posted that he was intending to write a State of the Galaxy article to prepare for Update 6.0/Onslaught. However, he explained that he simply ran out of time so he couldn’t get it written and posted online. That’s pretty understandable, I think. I imagine the workload over at BioWare is intense right now.

However, I thought I could have some fun by writing my own State of the Galaxy article to build some hype. I’ve attached it below in the spoiler tags and I hope you all would enjoy reading it.

But first, some disclaimers: Most of what I have wrote below is essentially my own speculation for Onslaught. Just like everyone else, I haven’t played the storyline. Therefore, nothing I have below constitutes as a story spoiler. However, I have played on the PTS (where the expansion story was absent), so I have my experiences from that will be mentioned in the article. However... There was a little exposition on the PTS for one specific previously-unnamed location, which I have named here. There is also one new group mentioned in the Dxun Operation, that I alluded to here. The rest of this expositional article comes from an interview with the story team by Swtorista and some in-game characters, that I have no knowledge of being involved in the expansion.

TL;DR: nothing below should be a spoiler, because I don’t have anything to spoil. But if you want to go into 6.0 totally blind, don’t open the below!

EDIT: One more disclaimer that I didn’t think of earlier: absolutely nothing of what I wrote has anything to with data-mining. I don’t involve myself with data-mining. Not only is it against the rules, but I stay away from data-mining because I don’t want 6.0 spoilers. Everything I wrote is sourced from public statements from BioWare and what was available on the Public Test Server. If anything else I wrote below turns out to actually be part of 6.0’s story, that is due to total coincidence and speculation.

A Special Exposé With RNN: The Meridian Complex

Welcome back to Republic News. I’m your host, Alec Ranin. Today we have a special topic to discuss, relevant to the ongoing war effort. While this has all been highly classified before now, hints, leaks, and Sith propaganda, may have gotten the word out. Nevertheless, I’m thrilled to be the one to introduce the newest war asset for the Galactic Republic: The Meridian Complex!

The Meridian Complex

Orbiting above the Republic founder world of Corellia, the Meridian Complex may very well be our answer to the problem caused by the Sith Empire’s starfighting capabilities. Offering a combination of top-of-the-line space craft, prototype weapons systems, and Corellian ingenuity, the Meridian Complex is a starship assembly station with unprecedented potential. While aboard the Complex, the feeling that I was standing on a piece of Republic history left me shivering in my boots. Or perhaps that was because the internal heating systems weren’t fully operational yet.

According to sources within the Republic Senate, the Meridian Complex has been a source of some degree of legislative controversy. Given Supreme Chancellor Rans’ promises that the assembly yards would simultaneously ensure security for the Republic and counter rising Coreward Worlds unemployment, some of the Chancellor’s political opponents asserted that Rans’ brainchild may not live up to its expectations. Other Senators felt that the Chancellor was taking an undesirable lesson in war-fighting from Former Chancellor Saresh, and that a treaty with the Empire was still possible. However, a strong endorsement by General Daeruun and a generous subsidy offered by Corellian Councilor Cole Cantarus, earned the project the necessary votes. Conspiracy theories that the Meridian Complex will utilize Iokath technology remain wholly unfounded.

Fuel For the Fleet

While General Daeruun has promised that Meridian Complex-developed ships will be “more resource-efficient than any craft seen in the Republic’s history,” finding fuel to power the new fleet has proven to be somewhat challenging. Corellian Hypermatter production has yet to return to pre-war levels, leaving Republic High Command in need of new ideas.

Thankfully, loyal Republic world of Onderon has proven capable of providing fuel, food, and R&R to keep the fleets moving. On behalf of RNN, I would like to thank the Royal Family of Onderon for allowing our brave men and women in uniform to experience your culturally and environmentally distinct world.

Word has also spread that the Republic-owned firm Czerka Corporation is in talks with an organization known as “The Brothers” to restore fuel mining in the Peragus II system. This would be the first time the Peragus pumps would be turned on since the system’s cataclysmic fate centuries ago. Such a feat would symbolize the Republic’s unending willingness to resist Sith devastation. This being said, The Brothers have made public that the Czerka Corporation bid is one of several, with a particularly strong offer coming from... Czerka Interstellar. We’ll get right on verifying that.

Hope for our Republic

We live in exciting times indeed. Corellian Engineering Corp would like me to express that the Meridian Complex is hiring engineers, shipwrights, and assistant staff now, and to inquire at your nearest representative. I’m Alec Ranin. Good night and stay strong.

And now a word from a generous RNN sponsor: the Bounty Brokers Associate is proud to announce a pair of historic bounties: twenty million credits for the capture or execution of one “Darth Malgus,” issued by the The Families of the Sacking of Coruscant Casualties Foundation. Moreover, the BBA is also hosting a bounty of seventy million credits for Darth Malgus, issued by the Czerka Interstellar Biotic Technologies Department.

Edited by Anysao

And if Eric, Charles, Keith, or anyone happens to read this article of mine... please, let me know how I did!

It would fulfill a long-term dream of mine of getting a forums shoutout from someone over at BioWare!

Edited by Anysao

Pretty good. I like when falls fill the gaps, or at least write their own explanations as to what is happening, in games. Definitely enjoy having this be a news report too as it adds your own touch as the last article was an intelligence report, its a good change of pace.

Pretty good. I like when falls fill the gaps, or at least write their own explanations as to what is happening, in games. Definitely enjoy having this be a news report too as it adds your own touch as the last article was an intelligence report, its a good change of pace.

Thanks for the feedback! I hope we see more of RNN in the future. Their host, Alec Ranin, has a great voice.

I've had that. It's less of an achievement than you might imagine. I complained about getting an empty Renown Crate on PTS and Eric actually said that if that happened, it's a bug.

Was that bug ever fixed on the PTS?

Edited by Anysao