[Possible Fix] Hey dude, possible fix for the download error

ReaverSK

You try this any further error write it here I will look into it ASAP:

1. Navigate to your SWTOR Folder e.g (C:\Program Files\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Star Wars - The Old Republic)

2. Delete patch folder

3. Run FixLauncher as administrator

4. Press Windows + R and type cmd hit enter

5. Type i.) ipconfig /flushdns

ii.) ipconfig /release

iii.) ipconfig /renew

6. Go to swtor web download the game downloader

7. Run it and install it to your SWTOR Folder e.g (C:\Program Files\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Star Wars - The Old Republic)

8. Run launcher as administrator

This doesn't work for many people anyway. After talking to customer service by phone, they're aware of the issue and have no fix as of yet. Apparently it's too hard for them to understand their own networking and patching coding.

I have many positive replies that this fixed their 308 error issue

Hey dudes.

I had the same error as you did... Though I managed to fix this issue by myself.

Here is what I did.

1. Navigate to your SWTOR Folder e.g (C:\Program Files\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Star Wars - The Old Republic)

2. Delete patch folder

ii.) ipconfig /release

iii.) ipconfig /renew

7. Run it and install it to your SWTOR Folder e.g (C:\Program Files\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Star Wars - The Old Republic)

If after doing these steps and your launcher says 'log in services is currently unavailable'. do these next steps please

1. Go to swtor web download the game downloader http://www.swtor.com/download

2. Run it and install it to your SWTOR Folder e.g (C:\Program Files\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Star Wars - The Old Republic)

3. Run launcher as administrator

Basicly this will use BitRaider if you hate it too bad... And talked to bioware and many users on skype helping them fix this and it work for them but ask said you will use bit raider.

wrong forum, something like this would belong in general discussion.

This forum is for discussion of the wider star wars universe.

Was fast post here due was on phone with bioware so they would see what I did. So they could send it to their team that works on the issue. :)

If after doing these steps and your launcher says 'log in services is currently unavailable'. do these next steps please

2. Run it and install it to your SWTOR Folder e.g (C:\Program Files\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Star Wars - The Old Republic)

Basicly this will use BitRaider if you hate it too bad... And talked to bioware and many users on skype helping them fix this and it work for them but ask said you will use bit raider.

I doubt many of the people having issues are those running on the SSN client...

I'm glad it worked for some people. But I didn't say that it didn't work for anybody. I said that it didn't work for many. I was JUST on the phone with their customer support and they said they're working on the issue and there was little any player can do to fix the issue themselves. They said many people called in and that using bitraider over not using bitraider made little difference.

I tried your method and it didn't work. I am glad that it does for some.

You try this any further error write it here I will look into it ASAP:

2. Delete patch folder

ii.) ipconfig /release

iii.) ipconfig /renew

This! Reaver, you are a life saver!

I've been doing all of the usual things to "fix" the problem and decided to take one last look at the forums before completely reinstalling. YOU <3 Lol. Thank you so much for posting this! Going to copy this down somewhere just in case this happens again.