[Video] SWG - A History and Biography

kclemens

I never played SWG Pre-CU, but this video is a great thing to watch while in queue or when bored.

It highlights many things that this game could or should have. It shows how in-depth the game could be and possibly some ideas to implement.

I found it while looking for information about SWG Pre-CU and NGE. The video shows how SOE killed their game; Very thorough and detailed.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-viii-star-wars/38466

Edited by kclemens

Game was dieing before the update, hence why they implemented it trying to save it. SWG was just a sinking ship that finally submerged.

No, the game was there, SOE just screwed it up. There were bugs...that never got fixed. The game was fine other than the bugs.

Funny they left out the credit duping bug where Sony ended up banning 50,000 accounts. Any account that even received 1 credit that was duped was banned so if someone bought something with a duped credit from you then you were banned.

It also left out how freaking horrible the missions were. Go to these locations and kill 3 guys and a small radar dish. Rinse repeat for the next 1,000 times

Edited by jarjarloves

it had its quarks but if you wanted a good sized community to play star wars with it was a lot of fun, i played for 6 years

i want to watch the video but i wont cuz the nostalgia will depress me

luckly most of my old guild is playing tor, i just need to find them lol

Great video! I played SWG from shortly after launch til, about 2 days after the CU, unlocked on a wicked 28 profession grind about a month prior to the force sensitive village. I loved that game, loved it long time. Even went back a couple times, during the last year while waiting for SWTOR... Will always be in my heart... LOCKED IN A ******* BOX NOW THAT SWTOR LAUNCHED...