I'm sorry but this is stupid.

Rhila

How was this new patch so fantastic?

I log in tonight to enjoy playing my Marauder and I'm instantly annoyed. Overall the abilities feel much more sluggish and less reactive since the patch (my internet is fine before anyone says anything), and I can't figure out why. I don't feel as in the moment of an encounter as I did before.

Also, and this is all personal taste so some of you may call me stupid for saying it but I gotta get it out before I break something.

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE COWER FORCE SCREAM CAUSED BEFORE?!

Now the mob just...falls onto their back and flails around like an overturned beetle? Meanwhile your toon is swinging their sabers away at air? What crackhead thought that looked better than the actual COWER before? You know, the one where they held their head cause you just screamed at them and it hurt?

It is so NON aesthetically pleasing to me.

Please put this back to how it was before.

Also. The new icon C/D thing is stupid and makes me want to punch my monitor on top of the idiotic Force Scream animation.

GG on being idjits guys. GG.

explain this icon c/d thing...if you mean the new way that powers show how they are cooling down and not blacked out anymore, then yes i hate it.

Seems like everytime i click a power because my brain thinks its available (because it shows the friggin power up (the background color and image is there)) i find out that it still has 2-6 seconds left to recharge. This is so annoying. Its insanely hard to see that for me and kills my dps when im clicking the power and its not working. I liked it better when the powers were all black if u couldnt use them until fully recharged. They need an option for it to change it back. I hate fighting now because of this.

explain this icon c/d thing...if you mean the new way that powers show how they are cooling down and not blacked out anymore, then yes i hate it.

Seems like everytime i click a power because my brain thinks its available (because it shows the friggin power up (the background color and image is there)) i find out that it still has 2-6 seconds left to recharge. This is so annoying. Its insanely hard to see that for me and kills my dps when im clicking the power and its not working. I liked it better when the powers were all black if u couldnt use them until fully recharged. They need an option for it to change it back. I hate fighting now because of this.

Yes that's exactly what I mean.

I know it's across all classes but it was still a horrible implementation. For me it's just making me want to smash the buttons harder and when I first logged in I was actually downright confused as I have never seen a game operate with such a terrible icon idea before.

And I think it broke my range indicators on top of it because now everything is somehow always out of range, but the icon isn't red.....

While I think you're making quite a big deal out of something that's very minor, I have to agree.

While it hasn't happened constantly, mostly because it just started today, the new CD effect for hotkey icons does bug me, I have unintentionally clicked a skill not realizing it had not cooled down yet.

I hope they change it back to the greyed-out portraits of hotkeys during CD, it was much more identifiable.

While I think you're making quite a big deal out of something that's very minor, I have to agree.

While it hasn't happened constantly, mostly because it just started today, the new CD effect for hotkey icons does bug me, I have unintentionally clicked a skill not realizing it had not cooled down yet.

I hope they change it back to the greyed-out portraits of hotkeys during CD, it was much more identifiable.

I have terrible eyes to begin with, which is why the C/D this is so aggravating to me... This "fix" is making it much much much harder for me to play properly. The color blends in with the friggin Quickslot bar color. I can't tell when the C/D is complete or not now.

Smash is the worst right now.

Jesus it's like, "......now? Now? Nownownownownownow?!"

Edited by Rhila

I actually like the new cooldown effects. It lets me know when stuff like Smash or Scream "will be available on next GCD", whereas before I had to kinda squint, and do some looking around and quick head math to determine if I was going to have the Rage to cast it, what with the cost reduction proc and all. An option to switch to the one you prefer would be a nice feature.

The game is running sluggishly at times. Several people in my guild have noticed this. We're on a low population server, with pretty good computers. It all started today after the patch.

Sometimes when I am travelling, the screen flickers black. Others in guild have noticed this as well.

I do agree the new knockdown after Scream is dumb.

Edited by Arlanon

I actually like the new cooldown effects. It lets me know when stuff like Smash or Scream "will be available on next GCD", whereas before I had to kinda squint, and do some looking around and quick head math to determine if I was going to have the Rage to cast it, what with the cost reduction proc and all. An option to switch to the one you prefer would be a nice feature.

The game is running sluggishly at times. Several people in my guild have noticed this. We're on a low population server, with pretty good computers. It all started today after the patch.

Sometimes when I am travelling, the screen flickers black. Others in guild have noticed this as well.

I do agree the new knockdown after Scream is dumb.

If I had the option to swap back there'd be no issue and -I- wouldn't be squinting with this new C/D effect. Smash is still the hardest for me of all the abilities to properly judge.

Glad to know someone else shares the new Scream knockdown sentiment. It makes me "X.X" every time I see it.

What video card are you running, because that happened to me as well and I thought I had just hit a stupid key.

Im fine with the changes.

I like the new cool down animation. It actually shows you when your ability will be available rather than roughly estimating in your head or hammering the button like mad until it works.

Yes it shows you when the power will be able to be activated....EXCEPT for like the last 5 seconds because the little line thats been counting down is so small i can barely even see it and so i click on the power and omg i still have to wait another 5 seconds til its ready but it looked like it was. Imo id rather it just stay black until its ready, its easier on my eyes and the OP and doesnt confuse me into thinking its ready to be clicked, by then i could have hit sundering attack and then that power, so its actually lowering my dps which is already lower cuz im a immortal jugg. Options would solve everything.

Indeed. Very annoying changes. I feel more gimped because of them. It will take a long while for me to get used to them.

By the way, where in the patch notes it is indicated that the force scream effect animation has been changed? I was surprised when I saw the npc react like this.

It is kinda... ridiculous.

I'm sorry but I won't applaud Bioware on this.

Agreed. When I logged on last night after the patch I thought I was doing something wrong. The first fight I encountered felt like I was fighting in a pool of molasses. Everything just seemed so much slower than before.

Agreed, too, re: the CD icons. I found I basically had to stare at the dumb icons during each fight so I'd know when the next was ready. When it's on or off (colored or blacked out) it's much easier to pick things up through your peripheral vision.

I'm a lvl 30 on Alderaan now. Quinn is my active comp. He died twice on me during fights with the base attackers while I survived easily - that had never happened before. He's only crapped out a couple of times on me thus far, but usually when that happens I die, too. This time, though, I was left with plenty of HP to take out his killers. Not sure if that was just a weird deal from a new type of enemy or if something's different with Quinn post-patch. I'm a new player, so I'm inclined to think it has much more to do with how I'm playing... but it definitely made me want to chastise him for giving up the ghost so easily.

My screen also flickers now too after the patch, if we had some more options to change back to how it was i would be pleased. As of now, im just pissed and have sore eyes.

Same, at first, I thought they were effects in a new zone. After they persisted in another zone, I watched more closely and saw white bands flickering on the screen. I hope this gets fixed quickly. I know they implemented AA (even though the tool tip still says it isn't implemented). As you said, it is very hard on your eyes.

Crusty

Agreed. When I logged on last night after the patch I thought I was doing something wrong. The first fight I encountered felt like I was fighting in a pool of molasses. Everything just seemed so much slower than before.

I thought that was just me, everything seemed slower for some reason (not the mobs attacks though, just mine) , couldnt put my finger on what it was.

I recently started on Illum, and its more challenging anyway , but it did seem more work to finish fights than it used to.

Yes it shows you when the power will be able to be activated....EXCEPT for like the last 5 seconds because the little line thats been counting down is so small i can barely even see it and so i click on the power and omg i still have to wait another 5 seconds til its ready but it looked like it was. Imo id rather it just stay black until its ready, its easier on my eyes and the OP and doesnt confuse me into thinking its ready to be clicked, by then i could have hit sundering attack and then that power, so its actually lowering my dps which is already lower cuz im a immortal jugg. Options would solve everything.

Same, I've actually done this exactly. I think force scream is ready to fire and I waste time trying to activate it. Time I would have used to squeeze in one more sundering assault.

Im fine with the changes.

I like the new cool down animation. It actually shows you when your ability will be available rather than roughly estimating in your head or hammering the button like mad until it works.

True, but I would rather be able to get a feel for it so I dont have to be checking my keys..

Raiding while staring at your ability bar isnt ideal.

This is a big complaint I have about the combat system in this game.. Not fluid at all, and its hard to get into any rythym.