Things Are Really This Dead?

JamesDisaster

I left SWTOR after following its development for years. I never stopped paying my sub fee, because I didn't fully commit to leaving, my interest just sort of teetered out. But now I'm trying to get back into it, and all I'm reading is TERRIBLY discouraging things on these forums.

This is so upsetting to read, seemingly unanimous opinion that this server is just dead. I guess RP-PVP is just naturally an unpopular server type. I REALLY hope they let us transfer off soon, or I guess I'll have to leave permanently.

This game is currently reeling from the one-two punch of Guild Wars 2 and a new WoW expansion, and a whole lot of people are waiting for free-to-play before they think about returning to TOR. That all adds up to a serious and largely unavoidable lull in activity. It's easy to see this server as "dead" right now but it's more like dormant.

Eventually the novelty of other games will wear off, TOR's price barrier will disappear, and people will start trickling back in. It's hard to predict whether the server will surge back to its former glory or just limp along with a medium-low population, but it's never gonna be as bad as it is right now. This is the worst time. It will get better!

This game is currently reeling from the one-two punch of Guild Wars 2 and a new WoW expansion, and a whole lot of people are waiting for free-to-play before they think about returning to TOR. That all adds up to a serious and largely unavoidable lull in activity. It's easy to see this server as "dead" right now but it's more like dormant.

Eventually the novelty of other games will wear off, TOR's price barrier will disappear, and people will start trickling back in. It's hard to predict whether the server will surge back to its former glory or just limp along with a medium-low population, but it's never gonna be as bad as it is right now. This is the worst time. It will get better!

Yes and a few months from now you will use some other game as an excuse as to why the population sucks. It has dropped people since they first did the server mergers in June. Have you ever thought that maybe this game was a game where the novelty wore off and that is why they left?

With an average peak time pop less than 100 it will get nothing but worse as people like me get tired of waiting in queues and leave the game for good. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

There's obviously no other competition anywhere near as huge as WoW or GW2 on the horizon. It's also pretty much a given that you're gonna see some kind of bump when the free-to-play thing hits. Bear in mind this is the only RP-PvP server left, and a lot of people actually care more about server type than population.

It probably is going to get worse before it gets better, though. Now is a great time to take a break from the game if this is ruining it for you. Maybe try it out again when it's free.

In the mean time, raging about it isn't gonna help. I doubt they're going to do another merge / transfer thing until after they see where the free players end up. I would not personally be upset if they merged us with a regular RP server, since world PvP is so rare anyway, but I really don't see it happening in the short term.

Login Qs and server side lag are gone - at least on POT5.

LOL that should give you a clue about where this game is headed if they don't start turning things around. Instead of fixing the game we will give everyone the ability to have moods...

The forums are always full of doom and gloom. Get in game and enjoy it for what it is. Jung Ma has a smaller population, but its packed full of great guilds and people who contribute well to an awesome and close community.

I wouldn't be scared off by all the trolls and haters. They will always be here. Just get in game, make some friends, and join a good guild.

The forums are always full of doom and gloom. Get in game and enjoy it for what it is. Jung Ma has a smaller population, but its packed full of great guilds and people who contribute well to an awesome and close community.

I wouldn't be scared off by all the trolls and haters. They will always be here. Just get in game, make some friends, and join a good guild.

+1

My thoughts exactly. Jung-Ma 4LIFE!

There are more RP events on this server than I see on any other server.... except these events are out in the WORLD... which means conflict is just around the corner.

Frankly, I think the people posting on these boards that complain are not roleplayers (which I never understand why non- RPers join an RP-PvP server anyway), so I hope they get their chance to leave to play the game the way they want to play. I love the RP-PvP (combined) community of Jung Ma; they are some mature and fun people!

LOL that should give you a clue about where this game is headed if they don't start turning things around. Instead of fixing the game we will give everyone the ability to have moods...

Or maybe BW found and fixed some of the network bottlenecks? There were 4 rep side fleets a couple of days ago on POT5 while JM had around 50. If RP-ing solo in a vacuum or in guild chat is your thing then I guess you're all set..

There are more RP events on this server than I see on any other server.... except these events are out in the WORLD... which means conflict is just around the corner.

Frankly, I think the people posting on these boards that complain are not roleplayers (which I never understand why non- RPers join an RP-PvP server anyway), so I hope they get their chance to leave to play the game the way they want to play. I love the RP-PvP (combined) community of Jung Ma; they are some mature and fun people!

This is exactly true. I know of several Guild hosted events held on a weekly basis. One being Jen'jidai's weekly Cantina RP, and another being the Tuesday night Jundland Swoop Races. I also know Alpha Company hosts several PvP events and such as well. So, there's certainly things to do here, you just have to look for them.

There's people out there that enjoy running Raids and Rateds as well. Theres always someone posting on these forums organizing those sorts of things. People just want to be able to que up and insta -pop for things.

This is exactly true. I know of several Guild hosted events held on a weekly basis. One being Jen'jidai's weekly Cantina RP, and another being the Tuesday night Jundland Swoop Races. I also know Alpha Company hosts several PvP events and such as well. So, there's certainly things to do here, you just have to look for them.

There's people out there that enjoy running Raids and Rateds as well. Theres always someone posting on these forums organizing those sorts of things. People just want to be able to que up and insta -pop for things.

You better watch out Sawney. They prefer their doom and gloom and will bite you for any optimism you throw at them.

With that said, perhaps people should get together for some massive killing sprees in between their pops...

Really most of the population woes come from either PVP or PUG PVErs both can be solved with x-server queues.

PvP does seem dead, but I'm going to be brutally honest: pugging PvE content isn't that fun.

When I pug I'm required to skip 100% of cutscenes (I do like skipping trash though). Pugs don't joke back and forth and enjoy themselves as much as guild groups do. I've seen pugs where people complain about having melee dps in HM LI - whereas my guild is fine with pretty much every possible group build.

PvP does seem dead, but I'm going to be brutally honest: pugging PvE content isn't that fun.

When I pug I'm required to skip 100% of cutscenes (I do like skipping trash though). Pugs don't joke back and forth and enjoy themselves as much as guild groups do. I've seen pugs where people complain about having melee dps in HM LI - whereas my guild is fine with pretty much every possible group build.

yep, pugging is awful, and almost no fun. If you're lucky you get one person that speaks every once in a while.

Most of the time you just get someone who /needs on everything, never says a word, drops out after he gets the item he wants, then everyone else bails cause it was the tank.

and pvp queues are 30+ minutes, and you always fight the same freakin people. I honestly understand loving your community, but this ones too small to support a game this large, let us go somewhere else.