Time To Vote For Your Vanguard Class Representative!

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Your class is a little bit unique. Of all of the nominations we saw come through, only one candidate showed true interest in becoming the Class Representative! Without further delay, I would like to congratulate mfourcustom on being elected the Vanguard Class Representative!

The other candidates all fit into one of the following criteria:

• They declined the nomination.
  • They never responded to the PM to confirm interest.
  • They were never contacted as only the candidates who appeared to have a few nominations were reached out to.
  • They have a forum account which is suspended.

Thanks everyone, look for more information by next week on scheduling for the top 3.

-eric

Congrats Mfour. This will be interesting.

Next patch:

Ion Pulse has been removed, Explosive round should overtake it's function.

Focused Impact and High Friction Bolts has been redesigned.

- Focused Impact no longer increases the armor penetration for High Impact Bolt. Instead your High Impact Bolt now hits 2 additional targets for 20% of the damage inflicted on your main target. Also hits sleeping targets.

- High Friction Bolts no longer increases the armor penetration for High Impact Bolt. Instead it gives your High Impact Bolt a 20% chance to make your next Explosive Surge cost no Ammo.

What I'm trying to say is, try not to bite their heads off immediately, so they won't do stuff like this out of spite :p

Edited by Luxidenstore

Next patch:

- Focused Impact no longer increases the armor penetration for High Impact Bolt. Instead your High Impact Bolt now hits 2 additional targets for 20% of the damage inflicted on your main target. Also hits sleeping targets.

- High Friction Bolts no longer increases the armor penetration for High Impact Bolt. Instead it gives your High Impact Bolt a 20% chance to make your next Explosive Surge cost no Ammo.

What I'm trying to say is, try not to bite their heads off immediately, so they won't do stuff like this out of spite :p

Omg got trolled.

Edited by Lord_Skycutter

Next patch:

5/10 I stopped believing after the removal of armor pen.

Sniper voting had the same result, my money is on that few people are willing to be Bioware's secretary. :p

Only PTs, Vanguards and Snipers got a no poll vote.. :But this is not a good comparison for Snipers imo. I dont think we have the same

players stop caring [thus no one wants to participate in this class rep] when you screw a class up enough
---issue that Vanguards have ._. Edited by paowee

I dont think hey have screwed up vanguard tanking

As it works in TFB + SV NiM at the moment

Not tried it as a DPS

But as for tanking (not shadow as they are a bit messed up at the moment) they need a new cool-down to bring them up to Guardians as tbh for tanking the shoulder cannon is a med pac!!!!

I dont think hey have screwed up vanguard tanking

As it works in TFB + SV NiM at the moment

pve tanks, they're fine. pve dps, they might not have enough sustained pop for server first teams, but it's not difficult to play tactics against a script, and pyro doesn't have to worry about getting cleansed.

...what I'm trying to say here is the really broken part is in pvp. they're the last choice in tank and everything they do for dps, every other tanking AC has a preferable spec.

Snipers/Slingers and (PVE) Vanguards just didnt have any urgent, negative issues that required immediate responses from developers. I'd attribute the lack of interest in our class rep to our lack of needed changes.

Snipers/Slingers just didnt have any urgent, negative issues that required immediate responses from developers. I'd attribute the lack of interest in our class rep to our lack of needed changes.

Fixed it for you

• 4 weeks later...
Considering our rep has stepped down, shouldn't there be a renewed effort by the community team (Musco et all) to ensure that we have representation?

Well, the Vanguard rep did pose his questions and we did get 'answers'. We'd have to elect a new rep for the next cycle of Q/A, just as the 15 other ACs will.

What's the point of even having a rep for our broken class when the dev's response is basically "lol you silly guys, L2P and you'll see all those facts and figures are figments of your imagination!"

I kind of have to agree with you. I feel this community Q/A has been a waste of time and I think it would be pointless to continue it by electing a new rep.

Actions speak volumes over words and while it's nice to see Eric et all make an effort to show they care, the developers are only offering limited balancing for 2.4 with a future prospect that maybe by the end of the year they will do something. I can't imagine anyone, including the devs, are satisfied with this.