Ask help about my new computer to play SWTOR.

lanternty

Hello!

I would like to ask for help to my new computer. This would be the new one:

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3.70GHz AM4 BOX Wraith Spire

MSI B450M PRO-VDH PLUS

TEAM GROUP 16GB T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200MHz CL16 KIT TLZRD416G3200HC16CDC01

SILICON POWER 256GB P34A80 M.2 PCIe M.2 2280 SP256GBP34A80M28

TOSHIBA P300 3TB 3.5" 7200rpm 64MB SATA3 HDWD130UZSVA

IBOX Passion V5

COOLERMASTER Elite V3 600W 15 490

LG 27MK400H-B

GENIUS KM-160 3 390

AKYGA HDMI 1.5m AK-HD-15A

My only question is that this is enough for SWTOR? Can i play the game in high quality with this new one? Sorry for the question but i am really not good how to build a desktop ( one of my friends helped me with the built ), i just would like to know that with this computer, i can play the game.

Edited by lanternty

To address the final concern, of course it can play the game. I played SWTOR on a much weaker PC than that.

Of course that's not what you really want to know. Yes, it will play on the higher quality levels, and probably get great results on the highest. I'd be very surprised at 1080p (the best the LG 27MK400H-B can display for you) if you can't get way past 60fps on Ultra.

My nearly two-year-old PC (i7-7820X, GTX 1080) gets beyond 60fps on a 4K display. My experience is that going up from 1080p to 4K halves frame rates.

Hello!

I would like to ask for help to my new computer. This would be the new one:

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3.70GHz AM4 BOX Wraith Spire

MSI B450M PRO-VDH PLUS

TEAM GROUP 16GB T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200MHz CL16 KIT TLZRD416G3200HC16CDC01

SILICON POWER 256GB P34A80 M.2 PCIe M.2 2280 SP256GBP34A80M28

TOSHIBA P300 3TB 3.5" 7200rpm 64MB SATA3 HDWD130UZSVA

IBOX Passion V5

COOLERMASTER Elite V3 600W 15 490

LG 27MK400H-B

GENIUS KM-160 3 390

AKYGA HDMI 1.5m AK-HD-15A

My only question is that this is enough for SWTOR? Can i play the game in high quality with this new one? Sorry for the question but i am really not good how to build a desktop ( one of my friends helped me with the built ), i just would like to know that with this computer, i can play the game.

your ryzen core isn't going to help you much, this game is 32 bit and relies heavily on single core speeds and at 3.7GHz that isn't the fastest by any means. your m.2 drive will be useful if you run SWTOR from that (make sure you got a cooler on that m.2 drive).

Your 16GB ddr4 memory is more than enough, but i don't see any specs for a graphics card in all that; nothing intel or Nvidia or AMD.

Edited by Celise

• 2 weeks later...
So.......what you mean on the whole? I don t really know these parts of the computer so if you say these things, I will understand almost nothing...... It will be good, all in all?

If you know nothing about this stuff, *learn*. A PC is technological, not magical, and at the level of "here are some parts - these parts are better than those parts, this one won't work together with that one but it will work with this other one" they aren't hard to understand.

*Then* (and only then) ask for advice so that you will understand the advice.

That said, your friend seems to have put together a reasonably good machine.

BEGIN-RANT

Back in the days when VCRs were still a thing, there were people who talked of being unable to program the VCR, even at the level of showing the right time of day, much less "record a show on channel 5 starting at 6pm on Saturday", and they talked about it almost as if they were proud of their ineptness.

Technological ineptness is not something to be proud of.

END-RANT.

If you know nothing about this stuff, *learn*. A PC is technological, not magical, and at the level of "here are some parts - these parts are better than those parts, this one won't work together with that one but it will work with this other one" they aren't hard to understand.

*Then* (and only then) ask for advice so that you will understand the advice.

That said, your friend seems to have put together a reasonably good machine.

BEGIN-RANT

Back in the days when VCRs were still a thing, there were people who talked of being unable to program the VCR, even at the level of showing the right time of day, much less "record a show on channel 5 starting at 6pm on Saturday", and they talked about it almost as if they were proud of their ineptness.

Technological ineptness is not something to be proud of.

END-RANT.

You think that just because you are good at something ( building PC in that case), you are free to be superior when you only became an ******e?

I am also very good at something ( that s my job) and i never was ******* who just think that "wow, how smart i am, let bring somebody low." You are better building PC. than me. I am better at my job. Don t need to be egoist just because you are good at sg.

Anyway, *** is this : "ask for advice so that you will understand the advice". THAT'S ********. I asked for advice because i am not good at this. If i am good, then why should i ask help, i could do it by myself. The reason is why i asked for help is because i can t do it alone. If i know these stuffs, i could do it alone.

By the way, i have no time to learn about PC, i have job, yo know. Furthermore why should i learn PC building when i don t ever need this except this situation.

I think your build looks good, but I think you need to buy a graphics card. Right now, your processor will be doing 2 jobs: 1. running swtor game, and 2. also providing graphics for swtor.

Your motherboard shows that you have a PCI-E expansion slot, so even if you cannot afford a graphics card now, you can add one later. I recommend a 1660 or something similar: https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-gtx-1660-06g-p4-1161-kr/p/N82E16814487437. Runs about $230. You can save up for it and add it in later on.

I think your build looks good, but I think you need to buy a graphics card. Right now, your processor will be doing 2 jobs: 1. running swtor game, and 2. also providing graphics for swtor.

Your motherboard shows that you have a PCI-E expansion slot, so even if you cannot afford a graphics card now, you can add one later. I recommend a 1660 or something similar: https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-gtx-1660-06g-p4-1161-kr/p/N82E16814487437. Runs about $230. You can save up for it and add it in later on.

Thank you for telling me this. Probably, we didn't buy graphics card for this PC. I will ask my friend about this, thanks again.

just one question: How big is this problem ( I mean that i don't have graphics card). You know, I don t wanna do anything else with this PC except playing swtor ( i have laptop for my work/job and i have no time to do anything else except swtor).

Thank you for telling me this. Probably, we didn't buy graphics card for this PC. I will ask my friend about this, thanks again.

just one question: How big is this problem ( I mean that i don't have graphics card). You know, I don t wanna do anything else with this PC except playing swtor ( i have laptop for my work/job and i have no time to do anything else except swtor).

The built-in graphics capability inside the CPU is, compared to a separate graphics card, slow. It will make the frame rates significantly slower than you might otherwise have.

The other disadvantage of the built-in graphics is that the memory that stores graphics(1) is part of your main system memory, so the "CPU" part of the CPU and the "graphics" part of the CPU will be competing for access to it(2). Separate graphics cards have their own memory for all that stuff so they don't slow the main CPU.

(1) That includes:

* The active "framebuffer" that's being displayed now

* The framebuffer for the next frame - being drawn now and displayed as soon as it's ready

* The information about what to draw and what it should look like

(2) The graphics stuff is divided into "read this bit of the active framebuffer to generate signals for the screen" and "read and write memory when drawing into a framebuffer". The first one *always* wins the competition for access to shared memory.

Your machine will be quite good in general, but for video games I think it will be important to have a graphics card. You can test your new machine to see how it performs before you buy a graphics card. The great thing about graphics cards is that they are easy to install later.