Anthem: Worth it or?

CKNORTH

Reason I am asking is I have yet to play it. regardless of the management drama that is EA, How is it in gameplay for a gamer with 12+ hours a day to play but with a very slow pace in progression? frankly I need a change of type of MMO, I played them all equally for 12+ hours daily every day since 1997 ( Disability sucks sometimes ) I wont subscribe to EA's Monthly access I am hoping to buy it outright. is it worth giving the game a try? would love constructive feedback to make a solid decision thanks. oh I wont watch any YouTube videos or twitch streams kind of ruins the fun. thanks! :)

Frankly you're better off getting Warframe (free-to-play) or Destiny 2 (buy-to-play), the latter of which is moving to Steam October 1st. If you don't care whether or not it's a shooter, I recommend The Elder Scrolls Online (also buy-to-play) as it's a very accessible game for every play-style. Not to mention TESO at this point has the amount of solo content equivalent to two or three full single player games.

Frankly you're better off getting Warframe (free-to-play) or Destiny 2 (buy-to-play), the latter of which is moving to Steam October 1st. If you don't care whether or not it's a shooter, I recommend The Elder Scrolls Online (also buy-to-play) as it's a very accessible game for every play-style. Not to mention TESO at this point has the amount of solo content equivalent to two or three full single player games.

Thanks for the Honest opinion but atm my HD is small and I wanted to stick with 1 publisher basically Origin, and I have this installing, BF1 + 2 and Titanfall 2... So I have my single player bases covered and 1 MMO why I really wanted to try anthem I was looking at the Deluxe of it and for Canada it is priced at $99.99 It would probably be the game I play or tinker at through out the winter. mind you it may seem like I made up my mind but I have ESO on steam with all content unlocked at it is around 120ish GB Download wholly!!!! WarFrame seems not my cup of tea for an MMO but Anthem has that Bioware Titanfall feel I wouldn't mind. Most likely I will end up getting it. but I was hoping to have a hint of how it is without having it completely spoiled by watching YouTube, or Twitch sort of thin :)

why are you asking when you already made your mind up beforehand? is there really any point responding? I'd like to think that there is a possiblity that you could give D2 or ESO a try and see what is what, but not if this is already a waste of time.

why are you asking when you already made your mind up beforehand? is there really any point responding? I'd like to think that there is a possiblity that you could give D2 or ESO a try and see what is what, but not if this is already a waste of time.

Tat is Why I am asking I have tried those games already like I said been playing MMO's since 2001 and Anthem is one I have yet to play I really wanted to know how its mechanics and gameplay were without needing to watch YouTube or Twitch. in other words how is it? but all I seem to be getting is anything but I asked for, thanks anyhow...

I can answer your question.

No, it isn't worth it. Wait for an Origin sale if you really want to try it out. Looks superb (seriously game designer artists are so under-rated), flying a javelin is sublime and combat is okay (usual BioWare stuff of making things harder = more enemy HP and zero mechanics or decent enemy AI). Gearing is atrocious, people complain about SWTOR gearing, but this is 10x worse in Anthem.

Lack of end-game content killed it (sound familiar?). Also the roadmap has been abandoned and the studio has buttoned down the communication hatch after the considerable feedback given.

It wasn't as though they didn't even get good constructive feedback either, Travis Day the developer who essentially turned around Diablo 3 gave feedback. BioWare have since made incremental changes to the systems in place, but it really still isn't in a good place from a players perspective.

The game needs a lot of work to bring it up to, for example, Destiny 2 quality. Also the game isn't an MMO, it's a looter shooter very much in the same vein as the aforementioned Destiny 2, Borderlands etc.

It wasn't as though they didn't even get good constructive feedback either, Travis Day the developer who essentially turned around Diablo 3 gave feedback.

That's interesting. Well, if this guy wasn't able to affect change with a BW game no wonder player feedback on forums is a non-factor lol.

I can answer your question.

No, it isn't worth it. Wait for an Origin sale if you really want to try it out. Looks superb (seriously game designer artists are so under-rated), flying a javelin is sublime and combat is okay (usual BioWare stuff of making things harder = more enemy HP and zero mechanics or decent enemy AI). Gearing is atrocious, people complain about SWTOR gearing, but this is 10x worse in Anthem.

Lack of end-game content killed it (sound familiar?). Also the roadmap has been abandoned and the studio has buttoned down the communication hatch after the considerable feedback given.

It wasn't as though they didn't even get good constructive feedback either, Travis Day the developer who essentially turned around Diablo 3 gave feedback. BioWare have since made incremental changes to the systems in place, but it really still isn't in a good place from a players perspective.

The game needs a lot of work to bring it up to, for example, Destiny 2 quality. Also the game isn't an MMO, it's a looter shooter very much in the same vein as the aforementioned Destiny 2, Borderlands etc.

Thank you for a very well informative Response I appreciate it!! I guess ill be putting my money here in SWTOR then, now the real question keep my subscription or just pay 1050CC for account wide Guild bank unlock and how ever much for the Nautalen race... Choices tooo many choices LOL

Thank you for a very well informative Response I appreciate it!! I guess ill be putting my money here in SWTOR then, now the real question keep my subscription or just pay 1050CC for account wide Guild bank unlock and how ever much for the Nautalen race... Choices tooo many choices LOL

Keep the sub till the end of oct at least, you'll get more cc's, and can put them to the legacy unlock, and still get the naughties for free ;)