So how many are going to open an account on Aug 26th?

lightSaberAddiCt

Been there, done it. I started on Earthen Ring on November 29, 2004 because Argent Dawn (the original RP server) was full. Nostalgia for me would wear off real, real quick.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. I had a blast then because it was my first MMORPG. But there are some huge Quality of Life issues that the game rightly improved upon.

I hope y'all enjoy sitting to eat and drink after each trash pull. And if you're a mage, as I was, be ready for spam whisper requests for portals and food. Ahh, memories...

Best O' Luck,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

lol, you'll be back as soon as the nostalgia wears off.

Actually that was what kept me here. But it is wearing off quickly. I am sure I will be back in a year or so if the game is still going strong. Not that I wish any bad on the game, but the direction it is taking just hasn't held my interest, so I will keep an eye on it and see how it goes. Unlike others, I want challenge in a MMO, not easy street and dress up space barbi.

But good luck all, I hope you all keep enjoying the game.

**And no, I am not going to make one of those ridiculous why I quit threads lol, and no you can't have my stuff would rather keep it for later.

I still find WoW boring other than all the content it offers. Most of the classes other than Monk were simply too boring to play. It could be that I'm just not a fan of that genre either, although I did play RIFT for a year or so and found it much more engaging.

When SWG closed down in December of 2011 I missed that game like no other, then along came SWG Legends a few years later. I played that and after the nostalgia wore off, I quit. It was a matter of been there, done it.

Those of you going back to WoW, I wish you the best and hope you're able to rekindle some of that magic.

Everquest does the old "let's go back to the way it was at the beginning" thing ..

it's ok I guess ... I am on a progression server in the original EQ -- it's kind of fun ...

the EQ2 ones ... meh -- awful, didn't like them .. and they eventually close down anyway --

I'll wait for Pantheon -- and THEN I might leave ( permanently) SWtOR -- but that game is a ways away;

so I'll hang in here for awhile yet

( I tried WoW -- thought it was boring)

Edited by Tashia

WoW Classic?

After so many years of QoL improvement coming to slow to WoW, would I go back to when they didn't exist at all?

No, I'd rather eat my own toenails.

Nice idea, but as the old saying goes "nostalgia isn't what it used to be".

Let me remind you, Wildstar launched with the express intent of appealing to players nostalgia for WoW Classic. Within 3 months they were having to make the game less grindy, and offer more QoL improvements, and Wildstar still closed for good earlier this year.

I'll give WoW Classic three months before they are consolidating.

All The Best

I'll wait for Pantheon -- and THEN I might leave ( permanently) SWtOR -- but that game is a ways away;

so I'll hang in here

That's the one I'm waiting for, Pantheon. I was waiting for EQ Next until it folded. If Pantheon lives up to what's been advertised and shown, that's when I'll cancel my sub here and move on.

Edited by Pirana

WoW Classic?

After so many years of QoL improvement coming to slow to WoW, would I go back to when they didn't exist at all?

There’s an addon for everything you could possibly want or need. Actually the addons will mostly give you better QOL experiences than here.

So I don’t think there will be any QOL degradation for myself, I can’t speak for others.

Also, there are already plans to consolidate. They’ve had to open up more than they expected because of the demand and all the servers being full before its even live.

They expected a lot less people wanting to play classic. But with so many, they’ve actually had to start adding more servers.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Of course the demand is high at the moment, because it is fueled by pure nostalgia and they are advertising it like the new coming, ironically. Blizzard knows how to utilize Streamers for their purposes.

I'm sure there will be lots of players in the beginning out of curiosity, but there will be a constant and sharp decline a couple of months later. Once the majority has satisfied their nostalgia hunger and feel the same annoyance from back in the day of unbalanced classes, abilities and items and the heavy time investment needed for the endgame, they will switch over to new prospects.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Of course the demand is high at the moment, because it is fueled by pure nostalgia and they are advertising it like the new coming, ironically. Blizzard knows how to utilize Streamers for their purposes.

I'm sure there will be lots of players in the beginning out of curiosity, but there will be a constant and sharp decline a couple of months later. Once the majority has satisfied their nostalgia hunger and feel the same annoyance from back in the day of unbalanced classes, abilities and items and the heavy time investment needed for the endgame, they will switch over to new prospects.

Did you ever think maybe some people like to invest time in endgame to acquire gear, rather then have it handed to them? Maybe feel a sense of accomplishment, rather then just entitlement? Guess not, but right now ALL their servers are full, and they need to launch new ones at 1pm, I think you underestimate the number of people that want a challenge, and a sense of accomplishment in their game play.

Did you ever think maybe some people like to invest time in endgame to acquire gear, rather then have it handed to them? Maybe feel a sense of accomplishment, rather then just entitlement? Guess not, but right now ALL their servers are full, and they need to launch new ones at 1pm, I think you underestimate the number of people that want a challenge, and a sense of accomplishment in their game play.

I don't have a problem with that per se, but when a streamer (this has been talked about in the forums) tells his/her followers to spit on people that buy the mounts that goes over the line, don't you think. I think there is a place for both versions if everyone would agree to just let people play their way without all the name callings, etc.

I don't have a problem with that per se, but when a streamer (this has been talked about in the forums) tells his/her followers to spit on people that buy the mounts that goes over the line, don't you think. I think there is a place for both versions if everyone would agree to just let people play their way without all the name callings, etc.

That crosses the line in anything. But I don't watch streamers to begin with, personally I think they are a waste of time. Never understood why someone would watch some loudmouth, idiot play a game :cool:

Personally I would laugh at how pathetic someone is to spit on me in a game, as if that makes any difference to me. I guess if you RP that would be different? I just want to have a game with challenge, not so easy there is practically no way to die. I don't condemn people or try to insult them or the game because it is not my type of game (which has happened in this post btw).

One games success does not devalue another game that others play. Personally I hate fanboys period.

**not to mention, but there are plenty of trolls in this game as well.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

Yes, I have thought of people like that. There will always be players like you who enjoy investing a lot of time into hardcore endgame content and they can choose from a variety of games to fulfill their desire. I am not here to take away your personal excitement and enjoyment of what WoW Classic will be offering, I am happy for you and believe it or not I will actually look into WoW Classic for a short time just to compare it with my memories of 2004. Just consider that you are on a different platform here and your thread is the one trying to promote WoW Classic.

My point is that the general gaming variety and audience of today is not the same as the one from 2004. I doubt that the high demand which is artifically raised by feeding heavily into nostalgia and the massive promotion through streamers will be enough to keep the demand high for a long time without offering significant content updates. I mean, the lack of content updates is one of the main criticisms of SWTOR.