You Have Been Replaced

Yeldah_

Nice job BioWare and Electronic Atrocities, between the pair of you I now steer clear of any games that either of you make. I have just gone out and purchased a few games to replace this one (which you ruined for me). Don't worry, I made sure that none of those titles were connected to either of you so you didn't get a dime. You're welcome. It is comforting to know that there are still some companies out there dedicated to making a good product and not focused on extracting money for shareholders. Unsurprisingly neither of you fall into that category. Until you prove that you can admit your mistakes and put them right you won't be dipping into my wallet again. Your sneaky business tactics and disdain for your customers is going to be the end of you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that I am not the only sympathy-deficient person on this thread.

Well, the OP post isn't exactly a tear-drawer :p they're angry at a company for being a company. That's like being angry at lightbulb for making light.

It's easy to invoke my sympathy or empathy, but unfortunately the OP's post is an exception this time :p

Besides, ragequits aren't supposed to get sympathy, right?

Edited by Ylliarus

I always call them Endless Avarice, myself :D

Wouldn't work for me, I only have a vague idea of its meaning. English has too many words methinks.

And ooh, another SWGer. Think I actually had a character on Bria once cause Chimaera and Farstar were both down. CU Bounty Hunter in the making iirc.

Wouldn't work for me, I only have a vague idea of its meaning. English has too many words methinks.

And ooh, another SWGer. Think I actually had a character on Bria once cause Chimaera and Farstar were both down. CU Bounty Hunter in the making iirc.

Avarice means Greed :)

On my main I was working on becoming a Master Tailor, and my secondary character was going to be a Creature Handler

Edited by VelvetSanity

I laugh at all the ones beneath OP who will be balling their eyes out when SWTOR eventually shuts down. May not be tomorrow but eventually. :p

Oh, so you mean, we'll be surprised at how everything will someday end? I mean heck, we already even know our own sun will end one day, no one believes SWTOR will outlast our primary, you know.

It's like with all the apocalypses, they keep screaming "the end is nigh" and when a comet does one day strike the Earth (which everyone knows is a realistic possibility) they'll be screaming "I told you so!" while they were wrong 1.485.012 times before.

People have been screaming SWTOR is going to shut down for seven years now. And I bet you, when SWTOR will eventually shut down someday years ahead of now, they'll the screaming at the top of their lungs "we told you so!". Yeah, problem is they were wrong for multiple years straight.

So don't laugh too loudly my friend, you might be laughing a bit prematurely ;)

Edited by Ylliarus

I laugh at all the ones beneath OP who will be balling their eyes out when SWTOR eventually shuts down. May not be tomorrow but eventually. :p

I'm pretty sure none of them expect SWTOR to go on forever so whilst they may be sad when the game eventually shuts down I doubt they'll be "balling their eyes out".

I have little sympathy for the OP myself. It's not like s/he didn't know what they were getting into when they bought SWTOR and paid their sub as EA has had the same crap reputation for longer than that.

Specifically for money.

* Gluttony = greed for food and drink

* Lust = greed for the horizontal fandango

* Envy = greed for the possessions or achievements of others

* Avarice = greed for money

Now that I think of it, isn't EA simply the embodiment of the 7 deadly sins?

Lust? Check.

Gluttony? Check.

Greed? Check.

Sloth? Check.

Wrath? Check.

Envy? Double Check.

Pride? Triple Check.

Lust? Check.

Gluttony? Check.

Greed? Check.

Sloth? Check.

Wrath? Check.

Envy? Double Check.

Pride? Triple Check.

EA exhibits the sin of lust? Well, yeah I guess they really do like to screw themselves over quite a bit.

I'm pretty sure none of them expect SWTOR to go on forever so whilst they may be sad when the game eventually shuts down I doubt they'll be "balling their eyes out".

I have little sympathy for the OP myself. It's not like s/he didn't know what they were getting into when they bought SWTOR and paid their sub as EA has had the same crap reputation for longer than that.

I'm actually laughing a bit at the post myself, truth be told. Especially because of how they constructed their "sick burn". Because they themselves say "may not be tomorrow but eventually". Yeah, I can say that about a lot of things.

The Earth may not be hit by a meteor tomorrow but eventually.

Winds of Winter may not come out tomorrow but eventually.

There may not be world peace tomorrow but eventually.

Humanity may not colonise the stars tomorrow but eventually.

The universe may not end tomorrow but eventually.

Edited by Ylliarus

Nice job BioWare and Electronic Atrocities, between the pair of you I now steer clear of any games that either of you make. I have just gone out and purchased a few games to replace this one (which you ruined for me). Don't worry, I made sure that none of those titles were connected to either of you so you didn't get a dime. You're welcome. It is comforting to know that there are still some companies out there dedicated to making a good product and not focused on extracting money for shareholders. Unsurprisingly neither of you fall into that category. Until you prove that you can admit your mistakes and put them right you won't be dipping into my wallet again. Your sneaky business tactics and disdain for your customers is going to be the end of you.

I laughed. :o

Lust? Check.

Gluttony? Check.

Greed? Check.

Sloth? Check.

Wrath? Check.

Envy? Double Check.

Pride? Triple Check.

Dunno, they might be fastidious and disciplined eaters, which would strike gluttony from the list, but pretty much all the rest.

A week ago, I read OP's last ragequit thread, as seen here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959767. To its credit, it was mercifully short.

Then two days later, the OP made a thread about chat filtering (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959836), and Porsa pointed out that it was a bit odd for the OP to care about chat filtering when he was leaving the game anyway. OP responded with this pompous line about how he was advocating this topic for the betterment of the playerbase, even if he wasn't around to enjoy it. Both posts got deleted.

OP continued his noble campaign to enrich the playerbase by trolling the Arcann thread (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9696902#post9696902) which OP apparently edited at some later point, and in general, not leaving or telling anyone else that he was leaving.

And that brings us up to speed to now. I usually dislike looking into people's posts, but as this all took place in the space of a week, and as I read OP's increasingly embarrassing posts at the time he made them, I think it's justifiable.

My sub expires next month. Apart from the occasional 90 day referrals and maybe a resub if there's an expansion, I'd prefer not to resub, [but you never know], so I have no definite plans to return. When I leave, I'll just leave. I won't make a big production out of it, because contrary to OP and others, nobody who's staying really GAF why you're leaving or how, except for the lols. At least you accomplished the latter, OP.

Edited by Ardrossan

Wow, I didn't even realise this was the EdgeKing. Guy should go somewhere and grow up for starters.

I never have any sympathy for "I quit"-posts. I have quit, twice, and without any hassle and fanfares. I also came back. I also have only 10 days left of my current sub, and then I have a list of SP-games I want to play before resubbing. I haven't even looked at the games I bought from Steam-sale yet, because SWTOR.

There is no need to be so damn dramatic about everything. Also, some people (like this OP) seem to value themselves very high. No one notices if you leave, and no one cares. Even if you were a regular and well-loved by everyone, next week no one even remembers you.