Showdown On Iokath: Defeat Iokath Sentinels(broken impossibru)

MK-ULTRA

I can't do it. I'll try the stomp from the middle strategy the next time I feel like making an attempt. This whole thing is awful, and they insist on forcing this idiotic walker minigame into every DLC. I've seen it in three of them now. This one is by far the worst. Do they not playtest this crap to understand why it is so bad, or listen to the countless players who tell them that most of us hate the walker missions?

Edit: I did the stand in middle and stomp strategy and killed all three on the first try. I was about one hit away from dying when I killed the last one but I made it. So yes, that is the way to do it.

Edited by serrapadre
typo

• 3 weeks later...
Same here. There is clearly something wrong. By the time I am able to kill one of the three bots, I'm down to 3/4 health with no way of repairing or any kind of interrupt or CC abilities whatsoever. It's really stupid and frustrating.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
In other words it is still bugged...i have seen youtube videos with people having their companions healing them. which seems the proper way to execute this instance. but of course bioware STILL ignores this issue for what almost a year now?! God i thought activions and ubisoft were bad...this absurd!

• 2 weeks later...

Just did this mission this afternoon. I had the three buff items you can purchase for iokath power shards. I was able to take down two Sentinels before dying to the third with the third being less than 15% health. I respawned as a walker, with the buffs still present, and had enough time to heal to about 50% before the third Sentinel aggro'ed me.

When I first ventured out onto the Iokath expanse, I noticed that I could take the Iokath weekly and several weekly missions as well, even though I hadn't actually done the story. So, since the "Defeat 40 enemies as a walker" [DAILY] was available I decided to pick that up, and I had the mission active during the assault on the opposite faction base. This was immediately before you encounter the opposite faction leader, using the engineered back-door throne into the Machine Gods Superweapon Control, that ultimately becomes that leader's grave.

During my encounters with the opposite faction mobs, I took very little damage but also dished out very little in return. The basic attack took several hits to destroy the "weak"-designated power cells. Battle against the two gold enemy walkers was painfully slower than I recall. But most importantly those "weak" enemies were able to be destroyed in one shot from the basic attack before 6.x. It took every bit of 15 minutes to clear the battlefield of all npcs. That's significantly longer than pre-6.0. I was in no danger of dying, at least with that part of the mission.

This leads me to conclude that the biggest problem is with the weapon damage scaling. As I managed to take out two sentinels before dying and most of the third, I think the health of the walkers is probably reasonably scaled. It could always do with a few more points, but damage output is way too low at the present time, and that's while using the 20% white-quality (Outsider rank required) Modified Iokath Weapons Cell for Walkers. There's no doubt in my mind that if base damage output was boosted I would have concluded the encounter without dying.

Given that the modified cell is already boosting damage by 20%, I think the base damage of the walkers has got to be improved by at least 20% from what it is now. It will still be tricky to complete the mission without the modified cell buff items, but it won't be the roadblock that it is currently.

• 4 months later...
Still Broken!!!

I used the Modified Armor Cell and Modified Weapons Cell for Walkers. Using these cells did not help. Please fix this issue, once and for all.

Thank you.

What do you mean by, "Using these cells did not help." Do you have any data to support this? I provided a detailed description of my experience using these in August of 2020. I believe the health and damage reduction is adequate for the player-controlled walker but the damage output has not been properly scaled. If damage output was adequate then I likely would have killed the third Iokath Sentinel (which was at 15%) before being defeated. The devs won't fix anything if all you say is "It's broken, fix this issue!"

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

According to the patch notes for tomorrow:

Missions + NPCs

The Walker piloted by the player in the “Showdown on Iokath” Mission (both factions) has been improved. Its abilities cool down faster, are more powerful, and the walker has more health, which makes defeating the Iokath Sentinels much more likely.

Several adjustments have been made to vehicle piloting gameplay in Chapters I, III, and VII in Knights of the Eternal Throne to make the vehicles more powerful, faster, and more durable overall.

Good to see this is being addressed before the level cap is increased again.

• 4 weeks later...