Please permanently remove Monolith from GF

I am not saying this ops is impossible to complete, it's totally doable, as long as everybody knows the tactics and follows it.

But it is well above the usual GF level. i'd say it's possbily harder then SM gods. 8 random people will have serious trouble wit this op, especially if some of them don't know what to do, And many won't, it never was a GF op before, and it was ages since Ziost was relevant content so for most players there never was a reason to do this op on regular basis. Plus the fleet quest for it requires going to Ziost and killing Worldboss, I doubt the group will bother doing it.

Remove it. It's not a GF material and never was. Whoever put it in GF made a serious miscalculation regarding the skill level needed to complete this op.

I am not saying this ops is impossible to complete, it's totally doable, as long as everybody knows the tactics and follows it.

But it is well above the usual GF level. i'd say it's possbily harder then SM gods. 8 random people will have serious trouble wit this op, especially if some of them don't know what to do, And many won't, it never was a GF op before, and it was ages since Ziost was relevant content so for most players there never was a reason to do this op on regular basis. Plus the fleet quest for it requires going to Ziost and killing Worldboss, I doubt the group will bother doing it.

Remove it. It's not a GF material and never was. Whoever put it in GF made a serious miscalculation regarding the skill level needed to complete this op.

The requirement for killing the Ziost WB was only for HM.

The requirement for killing the Ziost WB was only for HM.

And for the weekly. you need both for it. most people usually want it though so they dont leave before you kill world boss too.

also you only need 2 people to do colors in sm, everyone else only needs to know how to move out of ****. that shouldn't be too much to ask.

Edited by rantboi

also you only need 2 people to do colors in sm, everyone else only needs to know how to move out of ****. that shouldn't be too much to ask.

And yet it is. Ended up there yesterday, best pull was about 40%. People just can't do it properly. Or they are don't know/ dont remember tactics. Or their gear is too low. Or the DwT attempts to be a tank and fail miserably. Or heal can't outheal the damage.

Jennur's Horde(1) Rule: If something is hard, that's an opportunity to learn to play better.

(1) Jennur's Horde is a "mission" in GW1's Nightfall campaign. A "mission" in GW1 is approximately equivalent (and certainly equivalent in narrative function) to an end-of-planet class story boss fight. Jennur's Horde was a *big* step up in difficulty compared to preceding missions, but once you got the hang of it, it became an exercise in repeated application of run-fight-stand-fight. Er, against ever-growing groups of foes four to eight levels above player-max, but nevertheless, just run-fight-stand-fight-rinse-and-repeat.

My big question is, if people make clear that they just REFUSE to do the one-boss Ops, is it really right to punish them for that by denying them the daily GF reward? I've heard a lot of stories that people just up and quit the minute they see either Monolith or Hive Queen proc as the daily GF. Why punish them if they just plain refuse to do Monolith or Hive Queen?

And there's a much easier way than forcing people to queue for all three one boss ops EVERY day and then pray that RNG is on their side. Just add each of those ops to the rotation. One day the GF will be Monolith, and people can decide not to run GF on that night. Then the next night can be, for example, Dread Fortress and people can queue for that if they like. But forcing all three one boss ops to be part of an RNG each and every single day, or else you don't get the daily GF? That seems a little extreme to me?

Jennur's Horde(1) Rule: If something is hard, that's an opportunity to learn to play better.

(1) Jennur's Horde is a "mission" in GW1's Nightfall campaign. A "mission" in GW1 is approximately equivalent (and certainly equivalent in narrative function) to an end-of-planet class story boss fight. Jennur's Horde was a *big* step up in difficulty compared to preceding missions, but once you got the hang of it, it became an exercise in repeated application of run-fight-stand-fight. Er, against ever-growing groups of foes four to eight levels above player-max, but nevertheless, just run-fight-stand-fight-rinse-and-repeat.

This is a nice sentiment that probably will not be shared by most people in GF queue who came there for a quick and easy op and daily reward and not to learn anything.

My big question is, if people make clear that they just REFUSE to do the one-boss Ops, is it really right to punish them for that by denying them the daily GF reward? I've heard a lot of stories that people just up and quit the minute they see either Monolith or Hive Queen proc as the daily GF. Why punish them if they just plain refuse to do Monolith or Hive Queen?

And there's a much easier way than forcing people to queue for all three one boss ops EVERY day and then pray that RNG is on their side. Just add each of those ops to the rotation. One day the GF will be Monolith, and people can decide not to run GF on that night. Then the next night can be, for example, Dread Fortress and people can queue for that if they like. But forcing all three one boss ops to be part of an RNG each and every single day, or else you don't get the daily GF? That seems a little extreme to me?

Fully agreed, there isn't a point in having all those operations in the same day. There should be either a separate category for the one-boss Operations or they should be removed from the current operation queue.

This is a nice sentiment that probably will not be shared by most people in GF queue who came there for a quick and easy op and daily reward and not to learn anything.

I meant it for the people who cause these groups to fail, actually. But it won't help (most of) them either, because they don't *want* to learn to play better.

Evidence for that? Well, there's a nice thread titled "The weird people you meet in Group Finder." that has been running for six and a half years, and shows no signs of running out of material.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=633655

U r joking right? Windowlickers r everywhere.

:D so true

TBH, i'm amazed GF pug groups beat SM Queen.

I think single ops bosses should be put in their own GF queue, and made to be 16 man only. Do the event single bosses show up in the GF during their appropriate events? If not, they should.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller