Devs wake up!!

DFLuyando

First I will say there is so much about this game that I fell in love with. All of it happened between levels 1 and 49. At level 50, I find myself looking for another game to log into. After all that work on my toons....I am deeply saddened to find that at max level, where most mmos gameplay actually starts....yours ends. Trolls can say whatever meaningless stuff they want here...but then thats what makes them trolls...and thats what gets them ignored.

For the rest of us, I see many complaints about the pop unbalance which led to the gear unbalance, but I have yet to see a Dev chime in and say "hey we care and we are looking at doing blah blah blah to fix it". Do you not care? Are you still hungover from all the champagne from your release celebration? No customer is happy in any industry with a lack of responsiveness to questions or complaints about any aspect of their product or service.

I am approaching 5 days played...and if this continues, I doubt I will reach 6. You may not care because I am just one subscriber, but I have hopes that others will chime in showing you that I am not alone.

My complaints:

• Pop balance is ridiculous

• No starter pvp gear...when you hit level 50 you might as well go into wz naked....cause that is what it feels like when you go against the battlemasters that seem to be the majority of imperials on my server.

• No credit for wins in some wzs...adding insult to injury for Republic players

• Ilum...the first two issues make this extremely "not fun" and now we get no credit or valor for kills so our dailies and weekly quests cannot be completed....once again hampering our ability to get gear.

• Republic gear looks like you raided a bra factory for helms and church school cafeteria ladies closet for outfits.

• Level 50 relics (outside of pvp or the one you can craft from datacrons) require lvl 5 light or dark. Nothing for those that wanted to play somewhere in the middle.

While i have many other smaller issues, like when you reach 10000 affection, your companions no longer interact with you in the fun ways they did on the way to 10000. Lag, game crashes, quest bugs..etc. The bullet points above for me personally are the deal breakers that will have me unsubscribing to this game.

For the trolls: I pvped from 10-49 and I am level 51 valor on my main... I know my toon so don't even go there. Whatever % damage output and defense enhancement you want to say BM gear has..it also has a lot more endurance...all things equal, a 5k difference in HP provides about a 40% advantage over my current HP in addition to that advantage.

I feel that these things are well known issues at this time and nothing is being done, and nothing is being communicated as far as solutions go. I was taught to never complain unless i could offer a suggestion with the complaint, so here is my two cent on that:

Population: Offer free server/faction changes to players on the heavy side of server population unbalance. Perhaps offer an incentive like a unique mount or something. Make sure that mirrored class spell functionality operate the EXACT same...just with different names/graphics.

Gear: Add purchasable starter lvl 50 pvp gear with slightly less endurance/expertise so that lvl 50s don't go into pvp with such an extreme disadvantage...or...add creatable/purchasable modifications with added endurance/expertise that can not be used in centurion/champion/battlemaster gear.

No credit for WZs: Fix that.

Ilum: Put back kill credit/valor so quests can be completed.... fix the other issues and this will even out and become "fun".

Republic gear looks: If your artists designed this stuff while high... take their dope away. If they designed it while straight...give them some dope. Once this is done...get them working on new looks (Republic likes black clothing too)...and allow Republic the use of Red color crystals.

Relics: Either take away light/dark requirements or add similar relics that can be obtained without being light/dark 5.

I know this is long...and I am sorry about that. But it is a LAST attempt to see if this game can be made enjoyable at lvl 50.

Pop balance is ridiculous

I didn't realize that this was something fixable by devs. :rolleyes:

No starter pvp gear...when you hit level 50 you might as well go into wz naked....cause that is what it feels like when you go against the battlemasters that seem to be the majority of imperials on my server.

This honestly wouldn't make that huge of a difference. Starter PvP gear would give like... half of what Centurion does in Expertise, and that wouldn't be very much at all.

It would be a 5% difference, at most. And that's for an entire set.

No credit for wins in some wzs...adding insult to injury for Republic players

This does suck, but do you honestly think that they don't know about this?

Ilum...the first two issues make this extremely "not fun" and now we get no credit or valor for kills so our dailies and weekly quests cannot be completed....once again hampering our ability to get gear.

Ilum just sucks in general. If you're going to PvP, do Warzones. Infinitely more rewarding.

Republic gear looks like you raided a bra factory for helms and church school cafeteria ladies closet for outfits.

You must be using a different texture pack than me. I look like a ******.

Level 50 relics (outside of pvp or the one you can craft from datacrons) require lvl 5 light or dark. Nothing for those that wanted to play somewhere in the middle.

Then... use the ones from PvP or the ones you craft from Datacrons. Those are for the fence walkers.

Edited by MashTactics

I like this post, well written with some good humor. Many of your points are excellent. I'm really stunned with how poor Illum is and the 'non-credit for WZ win' bug is so terrible it makes me wonder how they are prioritizing these fixes. As a new level 50 you really feel useless in most of the WZ, this is an issue that should be addressed.

I think they need to remove valor gains on Ilum kills altogether but let the kills you get from enemy players still count for the daily. This will at least stop valor farming which quite rampant right now. Valor should only be obtained through WZ's. Or, an alternative would be for them to cap valor on Ilum up to a certain extent so that once again it can curb valor farming.

They could add the "carrot on a stick" that so many people claim is needed for them to do __________________.

Something like +X% xp, +X%valor, etc

even though i assume you were using sarcasm, but if you wasn't the above would be a solution.

Edited by Brutem

Population: Offer free server/faction changes to players on the heavy side of server population unbalance. Perhaps offer an incentive like a unique mount or something. Make sure that mirrored class spell functionality operate the EXACT same...just with different names/graphics.

Gear: Add purchasable starter lvl 50 pvp gear with slightly less endurance/expertise so that lvl 50s don't go into pvp with such an extreme disadvantage...or...add creatable/purchasable modifications with added endurance/expertise that can not be used in centurion/champion/battlemaster gear.

No credit for WZs: Fix that.

I agree with these three for sure. I play Imp and I'd actually have to think about a swap if offered, tbh. Interesting idea.

The gear bit is puzzling on BW's part, but I think a low-priority issue given its lackluster potential to actually have an impact on the Expertise gap.

Obviously the WZ win debacle just goes on and on. You'd think that one would become a bigger priority for communication/results after the wickedly unprofessional way they handled their gaff with the last patch after letting misleading/false patch notes to sit up for something like two weeks. That one just plants a sliver of regret for giving them money. Unprofessional is the only word I have for that.

Still, I have hope for the game. Time will tell. Kudos again on the faction swap. I'm not sure how it'd have to work, but frankly, I think less Huttball might be incentive enough. :D

Edited by TogashiMatsuo

Mashtactics, go troll somewhere else.

Then you didn't read my whole post.

This honestly wouldn't make that huge of a difference. Starter PvP gear would give like... half of what Centurion does in Expertise, and that wouldn't be very much at all.

It would be a 5% difference, at most. And that's for an entire set.

That 5% difference compared to the 20% difference of BM = a 25% improvement. And that is significant. L2 haz math.

This does suck, but do you honestly think that they don't know about this?

L2 read moar. I say in my post these are well known issues. Wake up.

As for your other comments....they are either too stupid for me to respond to or once again you did not read my whole post. This will be my last response to you as I feel it clearly expresses how I feel about your trolling.

As a new level 50 you really feel useless in most of the WZ, this is an issue that should be addressed.

Did you see a epic pvp vid of some random guy smashing people and being all ubermench he has gear and the skills to play his class don´t expect being that guy by just picking the same class and build.

If you was a gladiator in wow it doesn´t mean you will rock in this game. Battlemasters in this game atleast the ones who actually did it pvping not exploiding ilum have spend their time in wz´s and geared up why should you be special and given everything off the bat.

Some useful tips for a newly dinged or about to ding 50´s.

- Get the rakata earpiece from GTN or ask in general chat in your fleet . Forget the 110% mount it´s useless get it when you´re geared.

- Use Stims that will last over death to boost your stats.

- Mod your gear full with best available mods and get orange quality items on your head chest gloves pants and shoes also weapons green and blues are pretty much useless and buy epic implants of superior quality atleast with these you´ll have the same or more hps than centurion gear and you can boost your crit and surge ratings to 30%+ crit and near 100% surge

- Get one champ bag in you inventory and 1000/1000 or commendations before you ding that´s 6 bags even if you don´t get gear from the first bags you have 42 champ comms and 90 cent. comms.

- Don´t go against the 22k monster alone team up.

- Target the least geared players in their team easy medals.

- In a bad group forget teamplay and go for the medals even if you lose you can average 60comms per match.

- Do your dailies it takes 1 hour about to do them in belsavis and yes you can even solo 2/3 heroic dailies for the mod and tokens.

And before you start crying i got full bm gear or what not to get the medals. I have 3pcs champ 1 cent (yes lots of love from the bags....) and rest moddable oranges and i still can make an impact against fully champ geared people and bad battlemaster geared people.

OP, while your post was undoubtedly well-written I'd urge you to stick with it just a bit longer. The changes made in today's patch will mean it's now far easier to get at least some modicum of gear since there are now so many Centurion tokens.

I hit 50 just after the 50s-only bracket came in so believe me I feel your pain but I honestly think today's change was specifically aimed at people in your kind of situation. After just 3 or 4 pieces you do start to feel more competitive again, trust me. And it's a lot of fun once you're back on a slightly more even playing field :)

OP, while your post was undoubtedly well-written I'd urge you to stick with it just a bit longer. The changes made in today's patch will mean it's now far easier to get at least some modicum of gear since there are now so many Centurion tokens.

I hit 50 just after the 50s-only bracket came in so believe me I feel your pain but I honestly think today's change was specifically aimed at people in your kind of situation. After just 3 or 4 pieces you do start to feel more competitive again, trust me. And it's a lot of fun once you're back on a slightly more even playing field :)

Too bad Centurion is utterly horrible, the difference between BM and Champion is barely noticeable.

What a heap of rubbish OP, srsly man.

'Where other MMO's start this finishes'. The game is about moving through the story, not grinding end game.

Your entire thread is just nonsense man. Frankly it smacks of attention seeking.

The truth hurts fanboy, get with the program the game has glaring and serious problems with it that should have not even shipped with the game. 6 YEARS pf development and this is the end product? LOL.

What a heap of rubbish OP, srsly man.

'Where other MMO's start this finishes'. The game is about moving through the story, not grinding end game.

Your entire thread is just nonsense man. Frankly it smacks of attention seeking.

Another troll...thanks for the bump. I play to have fun...the fun ended at 50 for the reasons I listed. Everyone else agrees....so it looks like YOUR post is the rubbish. KK TX.

Feel free to bump my post again. I appreciate the added visibility.

Sadly, all things considered, PvP seems better to me in this game than PvE. Forming groups for PvE content is really difficult. Entering the PvP queue and immediately being partnered with a group is pretty quick and convenient.

PvP has its problems but I would rather they work on a better LFG system for PvE. I say this coming from the perspective of virtually playing the entire game from launch with PvP and leveling solo in PvE content with some group PvE on a rare occassion.

On top of that, I logged in the other day and got a mail message that I'm now the guild master. Most of my guild decided to quit and left me running it. They were a PvE guild from another game and went back to that game. I assume this occurred because of the PvE content.

There are lots of problems and it goes way beyond the minor PvP issues.

Edited by machspeed

Mashtactics, go troll somewhere else.

Then you didn't read my whole post.

That 5% difference compared to the 20% difference of BM = a 25% improvement. And that is significant. L2 haz math.

L2 read moar. I say in my post these are well known issues. Wake up.

As for your other comments....they are either too stupid for me to respond to or once again you did not read my whole post. This will be my last response to you as I feel it clearly expresses how I feel about your trolling.

well for one if you not happy with the game put it down and come back later :)... Or wait for guild wars 2 ^^

Add one more complaint pls:

People who does more DPS gets rewarded while peopple who tried to win the game for the team (e.g. scoring huttball, capping nodes, setting bomb on doors) who may not be doing much DPS gets minimal.

That kills alot of motivations, and thats why pugs sux when some of the participants are here just for valor or farming starts.

Outside of the two haters who came to this thread just to show thier ignorance this has to be one of my favorite posts of all time. The things stated as what is broke should be addressed and I really hope the developers take this to heart. For the most part leveling to lv50 was a great experience. Once there I found myself with the same thoughts the OP has. Glad to see that this dude stood up and spoke up for us all...not just himself. If you want to troll and give smartazz remarks about topics you are clueless about then a spotlight will be shinned upon you with a huge symbol reflecting a big ol butt.

I hope the Devs do read this and see that thier job is way more than the initial sale off the shelf but to make right the wrongs and actually respond in the threads like they do when someone makes a post with a spoiler...ya know, the warning they give. Well, we are warning you Dev team to respond ASAP with some insights on what you think and what you plan to do.

EX: no credit kills or armements for the daily/weekly quests is absurd and the Devs should have responded to this the moment it was brought to light. Just a small example of something that happened today after a "maintenance"

Too bad Centurion is utterly horrible, the difference between BM and Champion is barely noticeable.

True - I've no idea why Cent/Champ gear couldn't have been closer together in terms of item level but hey. Cent gear still beats the crap out of orange fresh 50 gear though.

I still have my two orange weapons which are jammed full of 50 epic mods (22s, advanced lethals, etc) and the champ weapons will still net me something like 13 strength, 20 endurance and a whole bunch of expertise. Should be able to afford both this week though thankfully due to lolhoarding before the patch.