Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taking Screenshots?

Morganne
02.08.2012 , 01:53 AM | #21
Alt-Z toggles the HUD on and off. Very quick, no CPU churn, etc.

Ctrl-U is different, it does a HUD reset. This fixes things when the mouse stops working and other such things.

And no, I am not able to make any screenshots either. The game pauses a moment when press the button, but no files appear anywhere on disk.

Karkais
02.08.2012 , 02:01 AM | #22
Most ingame screenshots work for me, however I have little success taking screenshots during cutscenes. I press the buttons assigned to screenshots but most of the time they arent saved. I have some screenies taken during cutscenes so I know its possible, but most of the time it doesn't work.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Morganne
02.08.2012 , 02:01 AM | #23
I just found all of my screen shots in the administrative account on the machine (rather than in my personal account), in the C:\USERS\*name*\My Documents\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Screenshots directory.

If you run your machine from an account with no administrator privileges, you are probably prompted by the launcher to enter the password for an account with administrative privileges. Look in that account for the screen shots.

I hope this helps some of you find your missing screenshots.

VonFaart
02.08.2012 , 05:11 AM | #24
You might want to try using Gadwin Print Screen, which is a freeware application that will either capture your entire screen or your current window. You can save the captured image in a number of different file formats into a directory of your choice, using a filename pattern of your choice, using a hot key of your choice . The current free version is Gadwin PrintScreen 4.6

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

Gadwin PrintScreen works a lot faster than the in-game image capture function. And you can save in lossless TIF or PNG format if you so desire. (Also supports GIF, BMP & JPG)
Emiliano Von Faart
No Cerveza, No Trabajo

LamogiasGR
02.13.2012 , 10:16 AM | #25
I havent see anywhere so i ask this
Can you close the interface (buttons, maps etc) for a full view screenshot? for example when i was playing wow i was pressing ctrl-z
That would be really helpful

Spadadh
02.15.2012 , 06:17 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LamogiasGR View Post
I havent see anywhere so i ask this
Can you close the interface (buttons, maps etc) for a full view screenshot? for example when i was playing wow i was pressing ctrl-z
That would be really helpful
Try Alt-W.

Eonz
02.17.2012 , 07:37 PM | #27
Just to be clear... it's 2012... I have a 2011 computer and by 2013 my computer will look like it was built in 1990... so either upgrade for the sake of more power and a desire to play PC games... or deny yourself the amazing RPG/MMORPG experience that comes with a computer.
I7 2600k @ 4.43ghz, liquid cooled/ Corsair ForceGT 120gb ssd/ EVGA GTX 580 3gb vram @ 815 core clock, 1630 shader clock, and 2010 memory clock/ 16gb gskill ram/ sitting on an ASUS p8z68 v-pro/ 32"@1920x1080

LamogiasGR
02.24.2012 , 10:05 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Spadadh View Post
Try Alt-W.
actually its also alt z .. i tried a day after i posted .. Thanks anyway

Damarise
03.09.2012 , 05:52 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Galindon View Post
Um, Documents, Star Wars Folder, Screenshots. WIN
Thank you! I finally found them all. Now, for the sake of my sanity, does the holocam take a picture of your toon at all? Or just scenery. So far, only scenery, since, I suppose, I am holding the holocam so i cannot get a screenie of me. Thank you though for answering. I was going nuts trying to find the holocam folder!
Defiant Squadron