Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do i talk to my companion in private?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How do i talk to my companion in private?

Perjans
03.02.2012 , 06:51 PM | #21
I got the trouble with my champ that after i hag given her som gifts she won't talk to me anymore.. is it a bug or something? been like gon from like 3200 to 4800 affection without any talking with her at all.. HELP!!

BesterX
03.02.2012 , 07:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Perjans View Post
I got the trouble with my champ that after i hag given her som gifts she won't talk to me anymore.. is it a bug or something? been like gon from like 3200 to 4800 affection without any talking with her at all.. HELP!!
Try talking with her aboard your ship. If that doesn't work, then you might just need to get to next chapter in game for her to start the convos again. Not sure if this was intended or a bug -- but that's how it was with all of my companions.

ourimaler
03.27.2012 , 02:07 AM | #23
My companion won't talk to me in the Coruscant cantina, so I have to take him to the Fleet each time. (Hopefully I'll be getting my ship soon.)

Erevan_Kindelar
03.27.2012 , 02:12 AM | #24
The Companion discussions and quests are gated on both the companion affection level and your progress through your class storyline. However, the "I want to talk to you in private" message from the companion is sometimes only gated on the companion affection level.

So if your companion affection is progressing faster than Bioware anticipated, you will see this happen, until you hand in a particular mission at which point you will often get 2 or 3 conversations in quick succession.

Slumgoat
03.30.2012 , 08:07 AM | #25
I was having problems with this also. I was in the senate cantina, and all it said was "need to talk with you in private" Without doing anymore quests I used my emergency fleet pass and went into the cantina in the middle of the republic fleet main level and this popped the quest above the companions head. Also I went to a large cantina, can't remember where, but it was large with multiple rooms and exotic dancers and this cantina popped the companion quest too. Hope it helps, when all else fails try the main cantina inside the fleet.

uniz
03.30.2012 , 09:24 AM | #26
most planets small "cantina's" wont work. you must go to the fleet or a "larger" one. this is true for both sides.

also as previously posted some conversations are dependant on your level and or progress in your class quest as they give "quests" relating to them. it would spoil your class quest line to do certain companion quests before you reach the point in your class quest.

a prime example is one of inq pet khem's final quests which wont make any sense if you havnt completed act one which sets the stage for this.

Ashu-ri
03.30.2012 , 10:19 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Perjans View Post
It could be that you've talked to her as much as you can without advancing your class quest more.

Ashu-ri
03.30.2012 , 10:21 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ourimaler View Post
My companion won't talk to me in the Coruscant cantina, so I have to take him to the Fleet each time. (Hopefully I'll be getting my ship soon.)
There is another cantina in coruscant that you can go into that will work. Both the cantina where you have a quest about missing soldiers, and the cantina where you have to go in and bring the boss out works. The only cantina that doesn't work is the one in the senate tower market area - we figure it's too small.

Slumgoat
03.30.2012 , 01:42 PM | #29
I found this post because I was having the same problem, thanks to everybody for posting comments recent. I miss my empire that I built over 3 years in wow, but eventhough I'm starting over on star wars, I feel great with this community. It's so nice that people want to help everyone in Star wars. I hope we can keep it this way.