Conquest - Personal Rewards and Guild Rewards

Atoss

So. It came to my attention after reading up on the Dulfy.net guild on Guild ships, that even after spending 50 million credits... we can't get the encryptions we need to unlock rooms unless we're one of the top ten guilds. So it doesn't matter how hard the guild worked earning the money for the ship and how hard they work on the planet, because the top PvE guilds will always trump them.

Seriously?

I really don't post her often and even more-so I hate posting angry forum posts, but seriously. Maybe make it so you get a -higher- reward if you are in the top ten, but give us all an encryption if we succeed at our goal. :p The game is already making it nearly impossible for most small guilds to participate when ti comes to guild ships, lets not make it even -more- exclusive.

Right now I feel cheated because my guild worked -hard- raising the credits for this guild ship... just to find out we likely can't unlock anything else because there isn't enough time for us to continuously grind and grind and grind with crafting, PvP, and PvE.

So. It came to my attention after reading up on the Dulfy.net guild on Guild ships, that even after spending 50 million credits... we can't get the encryptions we need to unlock rooms unless we're one of the top ten guilds. So it doesn't matter how hard the guild worked earning the money for the ship and how hard they work on the planet, because the top PvE guilds will always trump them.

Seriously?

I really don't post her often and even more-so I hate posting angry forum posts, but seriously. Maybe make it so you get a -higher- reward if you are in the top ten, but give us all an encryption if we succeed at our goal. :p The game is already making it nearly impossible for most small guilds to participate when ti comes to guild ships, lets not make it even -more- exclusive.

Right now I feel cheated because my guild worked -hard- raising the credits for this guild ship... just to find out we likely can't unlock anything else because there isn't enough time for us to continuously grind and grind and grind with crafting, PvP, and PvE.

Not really, you can farm commanders or craft the encryptions yourself by making Dark Projects. The amount of encryptions you get from guild rewards isn't that much to be honest. It is like a little side bonus, the most source will be from crafting or farming commanders

Not really, you can farm commanders or craft the encryptions yourself by making Dark Projects. The amount of encryptions you get from guild rewards isn't that much to be honest. It is like a little side bonus, the most source will be from crafting or farming commanders

I tend to disagree with you on the crafting party there, Dulfy. The sheer amount of materials required to produce any amount of frameworks using Dark Projects make that path supplemental at best. Especially since you have to give up usage of Dark Projects for any of the other very heavily desired decorations. A guild that can actually make it into the top 10 for a week will probably net minimum 25-50 encryptions, so they would have to put several commanders on farm to even come close to that kind of efficiency.

I tend to disagree with you on the crafting party there, Dulfy. The sheer amount of materials required to produce any amount of frameworks using Dark Projects make that path supplemental at best. Especially since you have to give up usage of Dark Projects for any of the other very heavily desired decorations. A guild that can actually make it into the top 10 for a week will probably net minimum 25-50 encryptions, so they would have to put several commanders on farm to even come close to that kind of efficiency.

Yes, unless I misunderstood the description the guild reward is handed out to all guild members who reached their personal goals (35K) if the guild is placed in the top 10.

If that assumption is wrong, you can disregard the rest of this post.

As of this morning (about 2.5 days since 2.9) the top guild on our server on one of the invaded planets has already accumulated about 2 million conquest points. I would guess that at least 40 toons in that guild have reached their personal goals (35K) and by the end of the week it's likely that more than 100 toons in that guild will have done that. By the end of the first conquest week this guild will have enough encryptions to buy two frameworks and unlock their first room through this method alone, without touching any commanders or crafting any Dark Projects. If they were able to maintain that rate, it would take them 27 weeks to collect enough encryptions for the required 54 frameworks for the complete unlock.

Even the guild at the 10th spot has over 400K conquest points. I'm pretty sure that our own guild (not sure if we even make it into the top 10) will have at least 30 toons with their personal goals reached. That means, by the end of the second week we would (if placed in the top 10) have enough encryptions to get a framework and within a month unlock our first room.

I doubt that - considering their respawn time - farming commanders for encryptions is a viable option in this case. (We talked about the crafting option in countless other threads, so I'm not touching that here.)

In any case, at this rate, I estimate the first guild to unlock the complete ship within six months.

So the guilds that don't make it into the top 10 won't be able to unlock their rooms with that option. It's not like it takes them longer than larger guilds, which would be perfectly fine, but they won't make any progress for their effort towards unlocking the rooms.

As far as I can see, a small (or whatever you call a guild with 20 members online in the evening) guild may try to get into the top 10 for a few weeks and then just give up.

Edited by Shoraan

Well it has been a couple of days and I have personally crafted 15 Dark projects already. So although not quick it is a viable route to opening up rooms. It just takes time and a lot of materials.

Guild ships are supposed to be a "guild" activity. If you don't have 10 or more active players, you aren't in a guild.... you are in a fan club. Either recruit (there's LOADS of active players looking for guilds) or join a bigger one.

This patch gives the advantage to active players. I will give you a hint tho, Some of my "alts" have more conquest points then half the active players in guild due to 24*7 crafting.

As of this morning (about 2.5 days since 2.9) the top guild on our server on one of the invaded planets has already accumulated about 2 million conquest points. I would guess that at least 40 toons in that guild have reached their personal goals (35K) and by the end of the week it's likely that more than 100 toons in that guild will have done that.

I know on my server, Ebon Hawk we have 4 guilds that are over 1 million and 2 guilds that are over the 2 million mark for conquest. Reading that there was a bug that allowed people to take advantage of the system now lays claim did those guilds take advantage of it and now artificially have been launched to the top because of it weither intentinal or not is not fair to those that didn't. I know for myself I knowticed that something was wrong with the objectives that where 1 time would reset occasionally but didn't understand how or try to take advantage of it.

However that said I wasn't sure if these should be per character or legacy objectives because I knowticed on various toons after 1 character got the objective it wasn't available on another character. I am currently running 5 characters in the conquest and 4 of them have almost 200k points because I am seriously grinding off my stockpile of materials I had from almost 3 years of playing. It's also advantage of our guild because we have alot of crafters and the two guild's on that planet are just grinding each other to death to stay in #1 spot that its constantly changing hands between the two. It's funny that my main is only around 13k points but my alts should hit 500k points each by the end of the week and I'll be lucky to hit the 35k on my main.

Yes, unless I misunderstood the description the guild reward is handed out to all guild members who reached their personal goals (35K) if the guild is placed in the top 10.

If that assumption is wrong, you can disregard the rest of this post.

As of this morning (about 2.5 days since 2.9) the top guild on our server on one of the invaded planets has already accumulated about 2 million conquest points. I would guess that at least 40 toons in that guild have reached their personal goals (35K) and by the end of the week it's likely that more than 100 toons in that guild will have done that. By the end of the first conquest week this guild will have enough encryptions to buy two frameworks and unlock their first room through this method alone, without touching any commanders or crafting any Dark Projects. If they were able to maintain that rate, it would take them 27 weeks to collect enough encryptions for the required 54 frameworks for the complete unlock.

Even the guild at the 10th spot has over 400K conquest points. I'm pretty sure that our own guild (not sure if we even make it into the top 10) will have at least 30 toons with their personal goals reached. That means, by the end of the second week we would (if placed in the top 10) have enough encryptions to get a framework and within a month unlock our first room.

I doubt that - considering their respawn time - farming commanders for encryptions is a viable option in this case. (We talked about the crafting option in countless other threads, so I'm not touching that here.)

In any case, at this rate, I estimate the first guild to unlock the complete ship within six months.

So the guilds that don't make it into the top 10 won't be able to unlock their rooms with that option. It's not like it takes them longer than larger guilds, which would be perfectly fine, but they won't make any progress for their effort towards unlocking the rooms.

As far as I can see, a small (or whatever you call a guild with 20 members online in the evening) guild may try to get into the top 10 for a few weeks and then just give up.

That is why our guild chose NOT to even try for the guild ship and put our credits into the guild stronghold. There are going to be (if it has not already started) so many medium and small guilds that just give up because the same guilds time after time will dominate with NO chance of even getting into the top 10 let alone be number 1.

I am sure we will get the same people saying you dont try hard enough, or your guild sux if they dont all pull their weight but some if not most guild dont have all members chomping at the bit to log on to complete their dailys.

Guild ships are supposed to be a "guild" activity. If you don't have 10 or more active players, you aren't in a guild.... you are in a fan club. Either recruit (there's LOADS of active players looking for guilds) or join a bigger one.

Recruit or join a bigger guild, humm now why did i not think of that?, Just kidding. ;)

We would LOVE to recruit, but there is no BW system in place to get players other than spamming in general chat or talking to players you group with, which is hard because there are already 7 or 15 other people spamming them to join their guild throughout the flashpoint or op.

Join a bigger guild, unfortunately there is going to be a LOT of that going on in the very near future, medium and small guild will fold because the large guilds will take their members. so the bigger guilds will say well what is wrong with that, well nothing except if you are in a medium or small guild that gets cannibalized to feed the large guilds.

Have you ever tried going to the fleet with no guild tag? you almost cant get anything done without getting /tell spammed almost as bad as the gold farmers do in general chat.

I don't want to complain without giving what i think would be a acceptable solution that all guild could get behind and accept.

1. GUILD RECRUITERS - place one on the character log on screen ,each fleet and one on each starter planets.

When a player clicks on it they will get a search menu, they can search by size of guild they want, also type (PVP, PVE, RP, Social, OP/FP runner , etc (or a combination of any of those).

They hit search and are given a list of matching guilds, they can click on them one by one if they choose to examine the guild(s). they are shown the size of the guild, average logon of all members (to keep from joining a dead guild) , and also be shown a guild leader written description of the guild (maximum of 1 FULL page not the 128 characters they gave us now).

They can apply to the one guild they like , they will be asked a few questions like, new player Y/N, experience in flashpoints and ops, etc. then hit submit and it generates an in game email to the guild leader and officers which they can read and hit accept or reject, if they accept the new member they are added to the guild even without them having to be on line at the time they are accepted.

2. GUILD CALENDAR - place it on the character logon screen and version to the in game menu.

Lets guild leader and officers to add / edit events for each day, also lets members commit to attending.

Join by role and experience, first come first serve or guild / raider leader select.

3. GUILD EMAIL - Gives guild leader ability to assign which level of guild member to be able to send guild wide emails. PLEASE increase the size of our emails also.

If BW adds these features i think it will go a long way to stabilize the guild community , smaller and medium guilds can grow and large guild can get more focused replenishment's with the skills they are looking for when members eventually leave.

Edited by Santay

Also, it's not top 10 guilds. This week, 30 guilds per server will get the guild reward. Even a small guild should be able to break the top 30 every now and then.

The bottom entries on the leaderboards on Red Eclipse are around 2.5 to 3 million points. The fastest sustainable way of getting points seems to be PvP, so let's assume it continues to be in future conquests. I don't PvP myself, so I don't have exact information on the length of the matches, but I'll assume you can complete about 5 of them per hour. That's 2500 conquest points per hour. Some planets give a 2x bonus, so make that 5000 points per hour. Reaching 2.5 million points requires 500 man-hours, equivalent to 13 people pulling a full working week doing nothing but PvP. With 50 people it's a much more reasonable two hours per day, but I wouldn't call a guild with 50 active members small anymore.

Just throwing this out there, on The Harbinger my guild on average had about 10-12 people on during prime time. Admittedly we were above average this last week with 2.9, and most of those 10-12 people have more alts than a sensible person should, but once we applied ourselves it was pretty within reach to make the board. We admittedly recruited and expanded our numbers when we decided to try for the top spot, but a small group of dedicated players should be able to hit the boards, as long as they're willing to put the time in.

Can't speak to how it is on other servers.

Personally:

I did the cap in the first day..

It seems the best way to do your 'bit' mix it up.

Crafting hits big points.. aim at mk2 mk3 prefabs and warcraft

Bang up a dark project if u can get parts.... craft a set ir sets at a time

on your pets.. as they craft..

Do pvp if not many people on.. instant n fast.. pays well and get comms for decor too wich u place and get more xp.

Line up for flashpoints.. there is a flashpoint group finfer task.

Wait for the guild group questing.. do those too if you can.

I got my cap just pvp while i waiting on the crafting tbh.

If u have non guild alts with pets.. send them on resorse missions .. lvl2 too lvl 6.. tjis keeps your stocks up.

Get yourself the decorations for metal.. crystal .. bio from prefab vends.. they also produce resorses and they are bugged.. u can sometimes get a single pull.. but ive had up too 6 pulls an hour.

Its not much alone.. but add that to pet gathering.. gtn cheap resorse buying.. it keeps stocks higher so .. more crafting.

Put a gtn..mail..lockers..resorsers in the same room and you can literally jump pvp and fp from there n back.. collect resorses and build and sell all at same place. By putting ur non guilded alts in there.. you dont even need mail parts as you share a legecy locker.

Thats how some in our guild do it.

Small vs large.

Large guilds do not always have more active players.

Infact most are old. Our guild actively bumps long term non actives out or even ones who never ever help... simply if ur a loner.. why be guilded.

Ive been in huge guilds of 500 1000 etc yet only 20 are ever active 40 on a new update day..

Our guold is big.. yet even through this .. the actives were small and you still see same people. Its the dedication to work together and work to objectives that count more than numbers... through tnose who have been on we have got a few million in rep .. actually we lead at no one spot by several million now.

But there are bigger guilds than us and they are much lower.

Your house is a personal thing.. but aimed at community building.

The conquerer senario is guild based .. its about guilds and war and working and social achievments.

Fair is not always fair.. its just life.

Real world.. a tribe of 20 with spears would not conquer the untited states... they would not build a ship and travel to the moon.

It takes time.. manpower and resorses.

Its an unfortunate reality.. the more you have

The more likely the more you recieve.

Guild based world can work in 3 ways.

war... till only one is left.

soak... accumulate all people in game till one left.

share... a guild leader council that agrees to have even number

Guild members and all activities are shared.

What game have you ever seen share in?

So unfortunately.. big guilds are likely to dominate.

but dont give up..

as i said.. small fully active guilds can beat a huge inactive guild.

and remember.. weve all seen massive guilds die overnight through internal wars and bad leadership or dictatorships.

your chance is always current....

:)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Just a little feedback, although not too difficult in completing the personal CQ of 15k, the main gripe is how long it takes (lots of 250k cq's to be done etc.). Previous CQ used to be fun and I'd do the ones that i wanted every other week or so on multiple toons. This CQ i can only concentrate on one toon as most of the content is something i wouldnt usually do (some being absurb ie 500k for item to use). The way i look at this is Me personally will probably stop doing CQ as it is increasingly pushing me to do content i do not wish to do, i can live with heroics and FP's etc.. but the rewards are far too small. My time is better spent doing the weekly Master/Tact FPs etc.. as they are more rewarding than some decos and a 25/50k and some jawa junk.