200ms and can't hit the side of a planet in GSF.

Britzer

What genius thought it was a good idea on making GSF in the 1st place? You know how hard it is to hit anything with a 200ms ping. I see my shots going through people and not getting hit reg, better yet i see my shots that miss by a mile and still reg a hit a times.

Bioware i think you need a better system that matches up people by region or GSF will fail, hmm too late i think already since i see people already hacking etc. Also it's funny to see rockets go through objects to hit people and it's happened to me a lot. Who ever made this game needs to be fired, and you know hire people who know what they are doing for a change.

Edited by Britzer

What genius thought it was a good idea on making GSF in the 1st place? You know how hard it is to hit anything with a 200ms ping. I see my shots going through people and not getting hit reg, better yet i see my shots that miss by a mile and still reg a hit a times.

Bioware i think you need a better system that matches up people by region or GSF will fail, hmm too late i think already since i see people already hacking etc. Also it's funny to see rockets go through objects to hit people and it's happened to me a lot. Who ever made this game needs to be fired, and you know hire people who know what they are doing for a change.

Blah blah blah, don't like it - don't play it.

FYI, its just as hard to hit a lagger as it is for a lagger to hit someone. You people jump around my screen like an epileptic clown, making it a waste of my time to even try to shoot you down.

It happens, and it's not just your ping that is factored in, it's their ping as well. There are some games where I'll fire 6-7 times in a row against a single target and miss every one and I end up having to kind of guess if they're behind where I"m aiming or ahead, sometimes I've aimed a full 2 degrees ahead of where their ship was (with a rail gun) and hit, other times I've aimed a degree behind where their ship was on my screen and hit.. They aren't visibly lagging and my ping is under 100 for that game (about 80 usually) and I'll have some enemy targets that I have to aim ahead of some behind, and some dead center.

Then I go to another target and hit them every single time I aim dead center (unless they're a scout, then I hit half the time)

sounds like you need to call your ISP and get something done about that...

it's not Bioware, it's your ISP... unless, you just bought the cheapest internet package they had on offer than it would be purely your fault...

Watch out Bio fanboy right here ^

You assume a lot, I have a Fibre Connection by the way. My ping sits at 180ms-200ms solid all day every day.( when i was playing WoW i had a better ping of around 170ms from Melbourne Aus, so don't give me that BS that i have a crap internet connection bs ) I don't lag or see people warping on my screen. It's Bioware servers are crap, the developers are brain dead, since GSF has server side hit detection. Worst idea ever, since not everyone lives in the USA, you know not every damn thing revolves around the damn USA ffs.

I have a better idea, sub gone not coming back to this **** of game.

Edited by Britzer

Watch out Bio fanboy right here ^

You assume a lot, I have a Fibre Connection by the way. My ping sits at 180ms-200ms solid all day every day. I don't lag or see people warping on my screen.

Wait, I thought 200ms wasn't good enough? If that's the case, maybe you should take his advice (and he's hardly a bioware fanboy for offering you advice on how to solve your problem instead of trolling you).

I've played with 2k, 3k ping all match. Immensely frustrating, but I still somehow got two kills out of the deal.

Most matches I play with something around 100ms-200ms and do just fine. Sure, there's the occasional kill where someone fires in a head to head and the hit contacts after they pass each other, but that's rare. You sure your hits aren't missing because of evasion?

Wait, I thought 200ms wasn't good enough? If that's the case, maybe you should take his advice (and he's hardly a bioware fanboy for offering you advice on how to solve your problem instead of trolling you).

I've played with 2k, 3k ping all match. Immensely frustrating, but I still somehow got two kills out of the deal.

Most matches I play with something around 100ms-200ms and do just fine. Sure, there's the occasional kill where someone fires in a head to head and the hit contacts after they pass each other, but that's rare. You sure your hits aren't missing because of evasion?

It's clearly not when GSF has server side hit detection.

Another thing is that clearly some of the customer base is the issue as well, they put up with this ***** that Bioware throws at them and gives them money for it. It's just not EA / Bioware doing this and people are throwing money at half done games. Still ToR has bugs in it that where from release and still not fixed, that is down right disrespectful to the player base / customers and yet people still pay money for subs and Cartel Coins etc.

I subbed for 1 month just to see what has changed and low and behold nothing has. Bioware still do things backwards and the game balance is a bad as it was from the start in all aspects of the game.

Edited by Britzer

It's clearly not when GSF has server side hit detection.

Then maybe we're back to the issue of your ISP being crap.

I used to live in a house that payed Comcast something like $175/mo for 100 mbps down 50 mbps up... and the ping would jump from 100 to 1500 every minute or so.

Then maybe we're back to the issue of your ISP being crap.

I used to live in a house that payed Comcast something like $175/mo for 100 mbps down 50 mbps up... and the ping would jump from 100 to 1500 every minute or so.

^ Hey we have another Bio fanboy right here!

Learn to read, and learn what server hit detection does ok! Also i don't get lag spikes and my ping is solid all the time. You know you would of know this if you read my post before.

F it, I'm done with trolls and this game.

Edited by Britzer

Hey I played several matches yesterday with 250ms of lag compared to my usual 43.

I thought it was rather fun, particularly when I got kills. I be like "oh crap that guy got away!" and then that guy would abruptly reappear exploding in front of me two seconds later.

I also had a fun one where I almost entirely disconnected so that every single ship around me froze, and I could fly all over the map as if it where a 3-D still painting. and then when I finally reconnected I saw the entire rest of the match happen in 900% speed. And to my bemusement noticed that I got the damage MVP despite being disconnected half the match.

I also had a fun one where I almost entirely disconnected so that every single ship around me froze, and I could fly all over the map as if it where a 3-D still painting. and then when I finally reconnected I saw the entire rest of the match happen in 900% speed. And to my bemusement noticed that I got the damage MVP despite being disconnected half the match.

I'd love to see a video of that one! Did you happen to record it?

Bioware i think you need a better system that matches up people by region or GSF will fail, hmm too late i think already since i see people already hacking etc.

First whine about nonexistent hacks, and then whine that the hit detection is server-side instead of client-side. I'd ask you to engage brain before typing, if that wasn't so obviously a physical impossibility.

People with similar ping can perform fine (I'm in Europe and sometimes play GS on US servers without any problem). You're incompetent, that's why you find GS frustrating.

You're losing because you're not very good, not because the game is full of hacks or bugs. If you haven't the patience to work at getting competent, then do everyone a favour by toddling off back to playing "what flavour is my monitor?" or whatever similar game lets you fulfil your potential immediately.

Edited by Wainamoinen