Warhero gear grind - pointless...

RragnarR

New lvl cap officially published, so now I am here thinking. Are you kidding me.

That's a bit early for introducing a new lvl cap by end of july. Woot greart I get to grind more lvl's and spend more time getting geared up and I even get the pleasure of thrashing my hard earned pvp gear once again and start all over....

Damn, /end of fun...

War Hero (and Campaign) gear are level 61 mods, I'm assuming that's designed for the next 10 levels and the 50 bracket will most likely become a 50-60 bracket.

I don't think it'll come in July, most likely around Christmas time.

Edited by Sookster

New lvl cap officially published, so now I am here thinking. Are you kidding me.

That's a bit early for introducing a new lvl cap by end of july. Woot greart I get to grind more lvl's and spend more time getting geared up and I even get the pleasure of thrashing my hard earned pvp gear once again and start all over....

Damn, /end of fun...

Where did u get the whole end of July thing ? Only thing i saw in the video was coming this year

Damn, /end of fun...

I can't tell by the announcement whether or not the level cap is in July. The announcement says coming this year, and at the end it says in July you get to play free up to level 15. So I am curious if just that is coming in July, and the level cap and the rest of the new content is later this year.

I am looking forward to the new content, and I don't mind a new set of pvp gear to get at the new max level. The fact that Bioware is releasing such a big update without charging us for an expansion is huge, and I am pleased. I can't wait to continue my story and see how my final decisions have effected my story. I made some pretty big decisions.

Most of the stuff in the video is in Patch 1.4 or later (we know there are no new operations in 1.3, for example.) Allowing people to play the early levels for free is something that can be done entirely independently of any major patches, the end of July date is thus not even necessarily relevant for 1.3 although it's starting to look like 1.3 won't be live in June (it will be on the PTS for at least 2-3 weeks.)

The cap increase is likely to come at Christmas, 1 year from release and with the new expansion.

Thats a long time away. I must admit however, once i saw that cap increase i decided i wouldnt even bother grinding WH on any alts, i would just get it as it comes. Rather have a string of alts in customised BM than bust my backside to push them to full augmented WH knowing the bar will be moved.

WH stuff was just to hold on to what pvp'rs are left. This new stuff they showing isn't going to be happening any time soon I'd be willing to wager, we are looking at around the holidays or later for that stuff you saw in the trailer.

I'm confused. Are all of you new to MMOs? I mean seriously. If you didn't think that the level cap would eventually be raised or that new gear would be coming then I can see you getting all hysterical about it.. but I am sure most of you are at least from the WoW generation or old vets... what gives? Do we really need to flip out every time the bar is raised knowing that that is what drives MMOs to begin with?

Nothing in their announcement gave a specific date for when features would roll out. The only date given at all was for the free to play to level 15 in July. Everything else will likely be after 1.3 which we already have a lot of information on.

[sarcasm]

I guess we should all stop gearing up now.... I mean there could be any number of tier changes to end game gearing between now and who knows when. I don't want to have to keep re-gearing.

[/sarcasm]

Damn, /end of fun...

I heard through the grapevine that the level cap was only 2 levels so I doubt 2 levels will make that big of a deal when it comes to gear.

wouldn't expect to see any level cap rise till later this year, guessing around Nov/Dec. Given you need BM to trade for WH why do you think you will get any new PvP gear if you haven't got the WH to trade? (I hate this concept but its what we have so far, bad idea imo)

until BW hire PR with the ability to speak intelligently about facts that they are willing to be held to its all just speculation for fun anyway

What's kind of funny to me is the game hasn't been out that long and they are already talking about raising the level cap.

I'm happy with that. WoW had long cycles and normally had 6 month periods where the game was hardly played. I'm hoping quicker cycles keeps people playing longer. It could have the opposite effect but I'm a half full kind of person.

Damn, /end of fun...

It's called a mmo with gear progression, oh noes you actually have to play to get geared!

Oh noes instant gratification can't happen, oh noes!

:rolleyes:

End of july, heh.

We might not even have 1.3 before the end of July and that isn't going to have this stuffQUOTE]

Uhhh pts is coming out tomorrow for 1.3 according to darth hater. So if everything goes accordingly we will see it by the end of june. Herpppppp derpppp

It's called a mmo with gear progression, oh noes you actually have to play to get geared!

Oh noes instant gratification can't happen, oh noes!

:rolleyes:

Caeliux.. you have no idea wth you are saying.. nor who the hell you are talking to. It was only a misunderstanding of time frame. it is all cleared up now... and had you read EVERYTHING in the TOPIC .. you would not have opened your sorry mouth! (maybe)

Caeliux.. you have no idea wth you are saying.. nor who the hell you are talking to. It was only a misunderstanding of time frame. it is all cleared up now... and had you read EVERYTHING in the TOPIC .. you would not have opened your sorry mouth! (maybe)

So I don't know what I am talking about huh, let me break down OP's thread for you,

That's a bit early for introducing a new lvl cap by end of july. Woot great I get to grind more lvl's and spend more time getting geared up and I even get the pleasure of thrashing my hard earned pvp gear once again and start all over....

Damn, /end of fun...

Part one: "New lvl cap officially published, so now I am here thinking. Are you kidding me." "That's a bit early for introducing a new lvl cap by end of july"

My thoughts: This is something OP don't understand, new level capp means more content, more more more. If this is a issue for OP, then OP don't need to play mmo's.

Casual player will complain, a non-casual player accepts new content.

Part two: "Woot great I get to grind more lvl's and spend more time getting geared up and I even get the pleasure of thrashing my hard earned pvp gear once again and start all over...."

My thoughts: This is OP saying I can't get gear fast enough, I need the game to slow down for me.

Part three: "Damn, /end of fun..."

My thoughts: This is OP saying I am sad, new content means more progression that I have to do, this game sucks.

Any more questions?

Edited by Caeliux