Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Veteran Ortuno is overtuned.

Gelious
11.30.2019 , 07:00 AM | #1
He hits like a truck even on fully geared 75 with augments, even if you don't stand in water. The only way to survive this fight for the unfortunate soul that tanking him is to constantly be on the move between kolto stations.

Personally I don't mind some challenge. but this particular fight is much harder then any other on Veteran. Inexperienced, undergeared and lowlevel players are gonna be decimated.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Gyronamics
11.30.2019 , 07:11 AM | #2
Nothing wrong with avoiding the boss and using the supplied healing stations.

Not facetanking the boss is the mechanic.

Just like not facetanking the eye lazer boss in maelstrom is also the mechanic.

Both those fights will one shot melee with little warning but the mechanic is clear so while one person runs for their life, everyone else beats on the boss
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Gelious
11.30.2019 , 07:20 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Nothing wrong with avoiding the boss and using the supplied healing stations.

Not facetanking the boss is the mechanic.

Just like not facetanking the eye lazer boss in maelstrom is also the mechanic.

Both those fights will one shot melee with little warning but the mechanic is clear so while one person runs for their life, everyone else beats on the boss
No. This is different. In Maelstorm at least boss has 1 one-shotting ability, that he uses once in a while.

Here everything Ortuno does hurt like hell. So you are kiting him the entire fight, On top of this there is flow mechanic, adds and he sometimes stuns you for full measure. Hell, I think he even has Saber Throw sometimes so even distance cant save you.

This is all perfectly fine for a HM mode. Veteran, not so much.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Ayushman
11.30.2019 , 07:53 AM | #4
I am sure you are doing something wrong here...
I just beat Ortuno in a three man squad along with one lowbie and a comp.
(One dropped group after blaming lowbie for wiping at first try, duh)
Seasonally 'Drunken' SWarrior... (wip)
Deys Legacy...(wip)... < The Galaxy's Least Wanted/Reputed >
'Do or Don't, there is no try' is polite way of saying 'You su(c)k badly. Go home'
Help out a fellow gamer? Click to know more.

Gelious
11.30.2019 , 08:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayushman View Post
I am sure you are doing something wrong here...
I just beat Ortuno in a three man squad along with one lowbie and a comp.
(One dropped group after blaming lowbie for wiping at first try, duh)
You are missing my point. I am not saying he is unbeateble. I am saying it's harder then usual stuff you see in veteran fp.,

Ayushman
11.30.2019 , 08:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
You are missing my point. I am not saying he is unbeateble. I am saying it's harder then usual stuff you see in veteran fp.,
Well,. FYI in 6.0 all contents ARE supposed to be harder.
In case you missed but lot of solo things are broken right now due to this notion of making contents harder.
And I am one those people who may not enjoy this but have no problem either.
I am not saying that you need to l2p. However I cannot stress that you need to be lot more watchful when engaging with mobs/boss etc.
I hope that you will be able to get a little comfort to know that you are not alone in this situation. So its live and learn I guess and possibly enjoy if you can.
Seasonally 'Drunken' SWarrior... (wip)
Deys Legacy...(wip)... < The Galaxy's Least Wanted/Reputed >
'Do or Don't, there is no try' is polite way of saying 'You su(c)k badly. Go home'
Help out a fellow gamer? Click to know more.

Gyronamics
12.01.2019 , 06:06 AM | #7
At any rate this is not a low level fp so you can't reasonably say it should be on the level of hammer station which is realistic for a huge range of incompetence.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

JediQuaker
12.01.2019 , 11:08 AM | #8
I just did Manaan a few days ago with two first-time-in-Manaan-FP'ers**. After a couple of wipes for the newbies to learn the mechanics, we had no problem with Ortuno. The final boss also took a bit of mechanic learning but we finished without another wipe.

** I don't exactly recall the make-up of the group, but I think it was 3 DPS and a tank, all 72-75. Or it may have been 3 DPS and a healer.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

AlrikFassbauer
12.01.2019 , 11:52 AM | #9
I just don't do Manaan, because I hate these mechanics & this boss.

Yes, my chars survived it a few times, but more times I experienced failure ...
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Townowi
12.01.2019 , 08:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayushman View Post
Well,. FYI in 6.0 all contents ARE supposed to be harder.
In case you missed but lot of solo things are broken right now due to this notion of making contents harder.
No; some content has been nerfed (5.0-era content, which was the only content that needed nerfs, or at least needed nerfs the most), and I know Umbara has been nerfed.

However, the difficulty bumps are very, very uneven, with some of them being just bosses having bigger health bars (such as Czerka Labs VM and MM) but with no increase in damage output, while others got large damage output increases (False Emp, Maelstrom in both VM and MM, Tython and Rishi, albeit in MM only).