Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Do I really have to solo Objective Meridian?


Tohmas's Avatar


Tohmas
11.04.2019 , 02:53 PM | #11
By the time you hit this point in the story, you should have a near to full (full?) set of 268 gear from Onslaught quest rewards, so you'll be heading into this with the same gear rating as everyone else at that point; provided you actually equipped the gear.
I've run this three times now, Defense JK, Darkness SI, and Carnage SW. So two tanks there. For all three, I cake walked through the FP. Wasn't even a contest. Also, was using the new comps, so they were all level 1. I do have legendary status, all datacrons, etc. Not sure how much that fed into it; but struggling to understand why you had such a hard time. Not attempting to invalidate your experience, it just doesn't align with mine...
Toh'mas Falmaryon

Want free stuff!? Try my referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rpCQ25

Sithishe's Avatar


Sithishe
11.05.2019 , 04:29 AM | #12
I playd it on tank character with DPS companion, was really fast and ok, never noticed any slowbacks. I always play solo flashpoints with DPS companions.

Protoaloe's Avatar


Protoaloe
11.05.2019 , 03:03 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
do you have your comp on dps? comp will kill everything for you. use vette, she does the best damage out of the sith warrior companions or whoever has the highest influence. just keep the worst off them which shouldn't be hard as you're a tank
How can you chose Vette as companion. They do not give me a choice to chaose any of my companions, I have to use the stupid major they assigned to me!!!!

Thraka's Avatar


Thraka
11.05.2019 , 07:28 PM | #14
Followup: I almost skipped this, but I think you guys deserve a laugh at my expense.

Did any of you happen to notice those canisters of Onslaught starter gear look EXACTLY like a Universal Prefab Mark 1? Because I didn't, until earlier today. I remembered chucking some Prefabs in my legacy storage, and, what do you know, along with them are several of those gear canisters with all of my 268 gear.

It gets worse. I guess there was a Utility Reset on Warriors? I was confused why all of my mobility and utility was broken until i discovered all of my choices had been cleared. I know it worked when I finished Ossus, but as of today, they were all reset.

So basically I bricked my way to 75 in 232 greens and no utilities, none the wiser until I hit this solo instance. As you might expect, I had a much easier time of it with 268 gear and all of my utils.

That being said, it was still tedious compared to my sorc. And it still makes no sense to me that I can't complete this part of the story by doing the ACTUAL instance with friends as opposed to being forced into a role my character isn't really designed for.

Just not RAGEQUIT tedious like before...

nyrkverse's Avatar


nyrkverse
11.06.2019 , 03:10 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Protoaloe View Post
How can you chose Vette as companion. They do not give me a choice to chaose any of my companions, I have to use the stupid major they assigned to me!!!!
you're right, I forgot solo locks you to Anri. You can still feed her some gifts to bring up her influence a bit if you don't find her effective.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

Hefaiston's Avatar


Hefaiston
11.08.2019 , 11:01 PM | #16
can have a healer companion and should work wonders. had theron in rank 22 and i rarely had less than 60% hp

Protoaloe's Avatar


Protoaloe
12.16.2019 , 02:36 AM | #17
Tried this over and over and always get killed - have that stupid companion that is forced onto me. I click for solo and it seems exactly the same (or harder) than when I don't check solo. Except I did not find that I can chose companion, I have that idiot that is forced onto you who most of the time stands there doing absolutely nothing!

Well I just failed over and over, went away from game for a month and came back to give it another try. How can you have all those mobs all shooting at you and get away with it? OK most maybe do group and have phantastic armor. A solo person does not. So 'stuff the solo people" ?

Don't know what to do, Just came back but what for? to die, and die....
Can't work out how to group either, all places which look like grouping never show that they go to the Meridian quest. Also I can click on just any quest and nothing happens for hours, so gave up on that. But ok, my experience is you say anything negative on the forum and anybody comes down on you like a load of bricks accusing you of being ignorant, stupid, etc etc...………………...

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
12.16.2019 , 07:03 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Protoaloe View Post
Tried this over and over and always get killed - have that stupid companion that is forced onto me. I click for solo and it seems exactly the same (or harder) than when I don't check solo. Except I did not find that I can chose companion, I have that idiot that is forced onto you who most of the time stands there doing absolutely nothing!

Well I just failed over and over, went away from game for a month and came back to give it another try. How can you have all those mobs all shooting at you and get away with it? OK most maybe do group and have phantastic armor. A solo person does not. So 'stuff the solo people" ?

Don't know what to do, Just came back but what for? to die, and die....
Can't work out how to group either, all places which look like grouping never show that they go to the Meridian quest. Also I can click on just any quest and nothing happens for hours, so gave up on that. But ok, my experience is you say anything negative on the forum and anybody comes down on you like a load of bricks accusing you of being ignorant, stupid, etc etc...………………...
Cute, you don't reply in the thread you made where people gave you advice, instead you go and cry in another thread.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
12.16.2019 , 06:28 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Protoaloe View Post
Tried this over and over and always get killed - have that stupid companion that is forced onto me. I click for solo and it seems exactly the same (or harder) than when I don't check solo. Except I did not find that I can chose companion, I have that idiot that is forced onto you who most of the time stands there doing absolutely nothing!

Well I just failed over and over, went away from game for a month and came back to give it another try. How can you have all those mobs all shooting at you and get away with it? OK most maybe do group and have phantastic armor. A solo person does not. So 'stuff the solo people" ?

Don't know what to do, Just came back but what for? to die, and die....
Can't work out how to group either, all places which look like grouping never show that they go to the Meridian quest. Also I can click on just any quest and nothing happens for hours, so gave up on that. But ok, my experience is you say anything negative on the forum and anybody comes down on you like a load of bricks accusing you of being ignorant, stupid, etc etc...………………...
Well none of us have any idea what you are doing, though it seems one of the following is true:

Somehow you are triggering a higher level difficulty than solo mode, in which case the solution is to exit, reset, and make sure you are selecting / following the solo mission.

Somehow you really can't even do solo mode, in which case there isn't much anyone on the forums will be able to do to help you outside of stuff like 'spam gifts to rank up your companion', 'make sure you are using the provided gear', 'don't stand in bad', or the ever helpful 'git gud'.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
12.17.2019 , 04:27 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Cute, you don't reply in the thread you made where people gave you advice, instead you go and cry in another thread.
For anyone who missed the other thread: www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9804409
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.