Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a way to stop the insta-quitters in FP queues?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Is there a way to stop the insta-quitters in FP queues?

BorisKarloffe
03.17.2017 , 10:23 AM | #1
I'm sure I'm not the only one that seems to run into this frequently.

You get a FP or Uprising queue pop, usually in Master Mode/Veteran Mode, and then as soon as the group accepts and sees it's one of the harder or longer ones, someone usually instaquits, usually a healer or tank, leaving the group hanging, waiting for a replacement that may never come or take a long time.

There has to be a way to keep people from doing this. The Groupfinder lockout clearly isn't enough. Is there a way to add something significant for dropping at the start of an activity? CXP penalty? Longer lockout timer? LS/DS points penalty?

psandak
03.17.2017 , 10:52 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by BorisKarloffe View Post

You get a FP or Uprising queue pop, usually in Master Mode/Veteran Mode, and then as soon as the group accepts and sees it's one of the harder or longer ones, someone usually instaquits, usually a healer or tank, leaving the group hanging, waiting for a replacement that may never come or take a long time.

There has to be a way to keep people from doing this. The Groupfinder lockout clearly isn't enough. Is there a way to add something significant for dropping at the start of an activity? CXP penalty? Longer lockout timer? LS/DS points penalty?
While I agree this is annoying, so long as it is not the tank that drops (in Master Mode) you can get away with a high influence companion filling in. You do have to be a LOT more careful with your pulls (use CC and stuns, etc) In veteran mode you barely need the companion...so long as the group knows the FP you can three man a vet mode FP.

In addition, I assume you play DPS most of the time. Have you tried tanking or healing at all? Both roles are not nearly as hard as legends portent. If more players would play tanks and healers they would not be left high and dry as often.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Mubrak
03.17.2017 , 11:32 AM | #3
People mainly quit for two reasons:

1. A lack of confidence (or good self-assessment) makes them think they will be a burden to the group in the FPs that are known to be harder. They list for all FPs anyway, because they want the daily reward.

2. A brief inspection of the other group members (or previous experience with one of them) gave them the conclusion that the group is not ready for the harder FPs (to put it nicely).

You'll never know whether they were wrong in case 1, but you'll soon know whether #2 was right or wrong.

The best solution for #1 would be just to reduce the daily reward when FPs are deselected instead of disabling it completely. Not sure about #2, do you really want to force them to stay in the group and then have them quit group when the first (near-)wipe confirms their first impression?

What angers me more are the guys that instantly decline as soon as GF opens.
Let us turn off that gaudy flashing icon over every vendor's head.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

JediAkemi
03.17.2017 , 12:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
That - so much that.

psandak
03.17.2017 , 02:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
This might be because they queued for multiple group activities and when one pops, the others do not necessarily unqueue. For example: I KNOW that when I am in queue for PvP and GF, and PvP pops I am not automatically removed from GF queue (I had a few instances where PvP pops, I go into the PvP instance (WZ or arena) and then the GF queue pops). When I queue for both, I do whichever pops first. But when GF pops it specifically states that I will be removed from all other queues once the group starts.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

casirabit
03.17.2017 , 07:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BorisKarloffe View Post

I am a healer and on the rare occasion I use group finder I will leave group for Master (Hardmode) flashpoints if:

(1) I have dealt with one of the members before and do not want to deal with the attitude again. (I don't use ignore except in extreme cases).

(2) I have checked the gear of the individuals and find that some of them still has the gear they started out on leveling and therefore know we are going to have a hard time clearing this flashpoint so I save myself the headache.

(3) Something in real life comes up that I need to deal with.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

bluehufsa
03.18.2017 , 03:12 AM | #7
The way i see things when someone quits team in a veteran or master mode flashpoint :

1. rank 50 influence Torian in healing role FTW !
2. if the quitter is the tank is no big deal, i am like always the highest DPS in group and 99% of mobs ignore tank or other DPS and chase me
3. so what if the other have bad gear or no idea how to play? as far as i'm concerned they can kiss the floor, i know i won't. besides, i'm a LS and i resurrect them to take their rewards
"Rainbow Demon - pick up your heart and run

Rainbow Demon - lives for his sword and his gun"

Haooll
03.18.2017 , 04:51 AM | #8
Can agree with th sentiment ... nothing more annoying that someone who quits before finding out if the group can do the fp.

Had a veteran Depths of Manaan the other day, 70 jugg tank(me), 70 sniper, 26 merc healer 16 shadow dps and thought oh well this'll be interesting ... no one quit, one death (not wipe) on Ortunno due to adds when Ortunno was about 20% health to go same on Stivastin ... just goes to show the harder ones can be done even with low lvls involved. Have had similar experiences on vet Blood Hunt too.

My guess is, (and this will annoy some), is the ones who quit before trying are unsure of their own abilities and need (or want) to be carried ...

verfallen
03.19.2017 , 02:41 AM | #9
Can't speak much for "veteran" flashpoint (Tactical was such a better term) but for HM, I can maybe shed some light on why people leave. (HM = master, but force of habit, I,ll still refer to it as HM)

First off tough, I'd like to clarify I'm not someone who quits group for the reason I'll enumerate. Rather I avoid queuing altogether if not with a premade group, for those reason, and I assume I am not alone in that, resulting in pops being a lot harder to get than in say, 1.0 or 2.0 when people did those HM FPs daily.

1st- Some flashpoint actually have mechanic worthy of HM ops (thats "veteran" ops now. See why I use HM rather han those new titles?). And not everyone has the awareness or class mastery to deal with them. DPS check aren't a very big things in HM FP via "enrage" like they are in ops, but they do have certain mechanic that makes life VERY difficult if dps is lacking. Out of the top of my head, Blood Hunt's first boss, and orturno's, or whatever the spelling, adds.

2nd-Some people are really bad at their class from all the spoon feeding BW did since 2.0. It REALLY shows as soon as they throw something a little harder their way. You can literally go through the solo campaign by spamming the basic attack now if you want, Jedi Knight excluded perhaps. It has an effect on ppl proceeding to end game. So upon seeing a player is still in greens from lvl 45, you have a good idea they also probably dont have the knowledge of their class or playing level required for some HM FPs. Also, assuming average skills, gear is a very nice way to ensure at the very least harder hitting basic attacks.

3rd-Seriously, hitting flashpoint with lots of convo in a pug nowadays mean there is someone that want to see the "story" 80% of the time. I understand the enjoyment story can provide, I really do. I enjoyed everyone of them.

In tactical or solo. Hard Modes are not the place for this, its normally done with people who've ran it dozen of time and are there for progression, not social and narrative. Its not rude to expect that, its the truth, and it used to be widespread as a point of view. I never rushed someone in a "tactical" that didnt have a solo mode because they wanted to see the lines. But in the hard mode, hit that spacebar so we can move on.

So with all of this in mind, lets say I was to queue an HM FP today, here is why I'd leave:

Its either one of this flashpoints in HM:

-Battle of Rishi
-Blood Hunt
-Czerka Core Meltdown (unless I am the tank, then I'll try it)
-Lost Island

If I see worrisome element, particularly healer or tank I'd also drop these

-Kaon
-Czerka Labs
-Red Reaper

So yes, someone suggested that the daily reward be reviewed. Either add another category of HM FP regrouping at the very least the first 4 together as "tier 2 HM", or apply the daily in a way that deselecting some fp only marginally penalize the bonus (wth is it even nowadays? We don't exactly have coms anymore. Chunk of CXP I guess?) and it would probably both bring back people, and lessen the people leaving straight after group formed.

As for people who quit before FP even appears, well it can be either:

They are attempting to join an in progress group (should be queued above you, but sometimes the mechanic bugs, hence why most ppl try to "queue at the same time" to ensure success. Sometime miscommunication happens, and the group doesnt queue and the "relief tank" queue and get a "new pop" they deny when seeing the names aren't the group he's trying to join.

OR

one of you is a player they REALLY don't want to be grouped with from previous experience.

Also, it happened to me once, realized I queued for the wrong thing, refused the pop, corrected my checked boxes and requeued.

Halinalle
03.19.2017 , 04:39 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by bluehufsa View Post
1. rank 50 influence Torian in healing role FTW !
Got kicked from story mode Trial and Error yesterday after one of the group members left. What happened: one of the group members said that we can't defeat first boss without healer. We tried anyway and everyone died. Group member left and I call lvl50 Risha to help us. Made sure she is in heal mode. Vote kick reason: we need healer companion. I guess that 137k hp looks like tank hp if you're used to seeing 115k hp on your dps/healer companion. It is true that having high influence companion helps a lot especially in veteran mode FPs when everyone else in group quits after first wipe. Almost all of them are really easy. Only one I haven't been able to do is Mandalorian Raiders. Keep failing in first boss fight. Yeah, I'm really bad at this game.

Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Red Reaper
What!? They did lazy job at HM version. They barely added anything to it. First two bosses are exactly the same in both difficulties. Only in last boss fight you have one more thing to interrupt.