Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

AlrikFassbauer
12.15.2019 , 08:00 AM | #9811
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormcrest View Post
Oh and unrelated (for those that read this far) I think they need to retire, or re-build "Kuat Drive Yards". I find that one can take a little while, it has tons of trash to clear, and only one boss. While mahy FPs take as long or longer, they at least have three bosses. The Kuat one should either drop triple loot at the end, or the Elite Defenders should have full on boss loot instead of just low-end rep tokens.
I don't think so, because in my opinion KDY is a very good learning tool for Newbies.
Veterans of course find learning tools boring.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

DawnAskham
12.15.2019 , 09:00 AM | #9812
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I don't think so, because in my opinion KDY is a very good learning tool for Newbies.
Veterans of course find learning tools boring.
Then put it in the special sub 15 queue for newbies with BT / Esseles.

andisim
12.16.2019 , 06:54 AM | #9813
used to run heals and sometimes folks clicked koltos (guild runs), asked if it was a trust thing, answer: usually no healer in there, so koltos. clicking becomes a habit, nothing more.
stopped to run heals, as derp i can do more damage. as heal specced you normally aren't doing too much damage.

JediQuaker
12.16.2019 , 08:20 AM | #9814
Quote: Originally Posted by andisim View Post
used to run heals and sometimes folks clicked koltos (guild runs), asked if it was a trust thing, answer: usually no healer in there, so koltos. clicking becomes a habit, nothing more.
stopped to run heals, as derp i can do more damage. as heal specced you normally aren't doing too much damage.
Speaking of that, I was in a VM Flashpoint last night with 3 other DPS. One of the DPS was taking a long time to zone in, so I started to attack the first trash groups. Someone asked "Should we wait for the other guy" and I said "it's about the same as having 3 DPS and 1 healer - the damage output is the same", except for no healing. Eventually, of course, the 4th player did zone in.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Ahwassa
12.23.2019 , 06:32 AM | #9815
Met a strange person in Boarding Party master mode today.
We (Jugg Tank, Jugg DD, lowbie sorc dd and me on my sorc heal) start and at the first add group I see the lowbie DD is casting heals.

I ask him to respec or to do damage as he listed the wrong role. He gets angry and tells me to do dmg.
We continue, I heal and dps. He stands around sometimes healing but mostly casting revivification on 1 or 2 people.
But since he is soo slow I healed the goup already so heīs basically doing nothing.
He dies at the first boss in the lightning.
I tell him revivification is useless in fps - he doesnīt care.
We wipe one time when the dd pulls a group with a small boss but we finish it slowly.

I put him on igno but I pity the people who get grouped with him.
Having no idea about your class + arrogance. Nice.

AlrikFassbauer
12.23.2019 , 01:47 PM | #9816
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Then put it in the special sub 15 queue for newbies with BT / Esseles.
I'm a bit surprised they haven't done so so far yet.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

AlrikFassbauer
12.23.2019 , 01:49 PM | #9817
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahwassa View Post
I ask him to respec or to do damage as he listed the wrong role. He gets angry and tells me to do dmg.
Maybe he just didn't notice ? I mean, GF once listed my Commando as Healer but with the damage tree ...
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

DawnAskham
12.23.2019 , 03:09 PM | #9818
I'm a bit surprised they haven't done so so far yet.
KDY could also fit in the uprisings queue - same copy / paste layout, a bunch of generic trash, only one 'boss' with loot.

But since they probably won't do anything (add loot, move to BT / Esseles lowbie only, move to uprisings), I'll keep declining queues with super low characters (very high chance of getting KDY, half the super low players I get are both terrible AND refuse to listen) as well as dropping if it pops (1/3 the loot for the same amount of time, 95% spent killing pointless boring trash = nope).

Ahwassa
12.24.2019 , 03:46 AM | #9819
Maybe he just didn't notice ? I mean, GF once listed my Commando as Healer but with the damage tree ...
No, he wanted to heal and said he was listed the wrong role (dd).
Iīve never been listed the wrong role myself so he probably listed for both roles and didnīt bother to tell us.

rantboi
12.24.2019 , 04:37 AM | #9820
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahwassa View Post
No, he wanted to heal and said he was listed the wrong role (dd).
Iīve never been listed the wrong role myself so he probably listed for both roles and didnīt bother to tell us.
as if it even matters in tactical fp. the fp will pop just as fast no matter what roles people are queued as and everyone just clicks kolto stations and expects healers to do dps anyway.