Flashpoints, bolster and different modes

jstankaroslo

Hi,

I've recently came back to the game, and I find some things different then what I used to play.

One of those things is scaling/bolstering players in flashpoints.

What I understand is: there are different levels of FP. The solo (or story?) one is scaled so that it is doable for a single player.

Then there are 2 or 3 levels of difficulty? Lets put aside the Master Mode as it is (as I understand) for most hardcore raiders to get the best gear. How about the other difficulty modes?

I imagine Veteran mode is much harder then solo (or story? I get confused), but how is the first level of group FP?

Are mobs and bosses harder then in basic? (lets call it basic to avoid confusion).

Are there healing stations?

What are we bolstered to? Does gear matter in first group mode or it does not as we're bolstered to same level?

I ask here as I don't want to group and spoil someones fun in-game...

Hi,

I've recently came back to the game, and I find some things different then what I used to play.

One of those things is scaling/bolstering players in flashpoints.

What I understand is: there are different levels of FP. The solo (or story?) one is scaled so that it is doable for a single player.

Then there are 2 or 3 levels of difficulty? Lets put aside the Master Mode as it is (as I understand) for most hardcore raiders to get the best gear. How about the other difficulty modes?

I imagine Veteran mode is much harder then solo (or story? I get confused), but how is the first level of group FP?

Are mobs and bosses harder then in basic? (lets call it basic to avoid confusion).

Are there healing stations?

What are we bolstered to? Does gear matter in first group mode or it does not as we're bolstered to same level?

I ask here as I don't want to group and spoil someones fun in-game...

Veteran flashpoints are more difficult that Story/Solo ones. They do have healing stations that can be used as long as you are in a group. If you are playing a veteran flashpoint by yourself as personal challenge, they don't work. Except last 3, most are relative accesible to even low level players with watever gear you have on as long as you are wearing something in each slot.

MM FP do not have healing stations and requires one of the members to be a healer and a tank.

Both kind have bolster. (Until 21 October at least, after that will be a mix with lvl sync.

Veteran flashpoints are more difficult that Story/Solo ones. They do have healing stations that can be used as long as you are in a group. If you are playing a veteran flashpoint by yourself as personal challenge, they don't work. Except last 3, most are relative accesible to even low level players with watever gear you have on as long as you are wearing something in each slot.

MM FP do not have healing stations and requires one of the members to be a healer and a tank.

Both kind have bolster. (Until 21 October at least, after that will be a mix with lvl sync.

thanks, and how about the bolster? If, say I'm level 35 and go for level 50 FP (ex Battle of Ilum) does my gear count? Does it matter if I have purple or green gear or I'm bolstered to the same level regardless of gear?

And another question: is solo mode harder then story mode?

And final one: you say MM require a Trinity group. Are they same as they used to be before bolster in terms of difficulty?

thanks, and how about the bolster? If, say I'm level 35 and go for level 50 FP (ex Battle of Ilum) does my gear count? Does it matter if I have purple or green gear or I'm bolstered to the same level regardless of gear?

And another question: is solo mode harder then story mode?

And final one: you say MM require a Trinity group. Are they same as they used to be before bolster in terms of difficulty?

For bolster if you are low level it does not matter if it is green, blue or purple. And in most case bolster will take you to lvl 70 and i think 230 gear rating.

Solo and Story are basically the same thing.