Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Holding pieces on an alt to refund later...?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Holding pieces on an alt to refund later...?

TrixxieTriss
11.13.2019 , 10:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
You have a bit over 4 hours to repent your sins.

It's not new. This has been done multiple times before to stop players getting around token storage limits.
A bit of notice would have been good so people don’t get burnt.

We actually explained and TOLD THEM ON THE PTS that people would do this to get around their petty tech frag limit.

Did they listen on the pts or 8 weeks before launch. Nope. And I wasn’t the only one who told them people would do this.

So they should have been considerate and given players notice they were going to do this. It’s not like we were exploiting the system. We were playing the game as it was designed !

jedcjedcjedc
11.13.2019 , 11:54 PM | #22
why do you need to save up? there is only a couple of sets per class, it's usually pretty clear what one will be used. Only some cases like where sorcs healer set(s) kind of sucks do you even actually have to think about whether you want to go the 4 piece and another 2 piece for more alacrity or maybe even just run gathering storm on healer too. For most classes it's a lot more straightforward
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

AndriusAjax
11.14.2019 , 08:46 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jedcjedcjedc View Post
why do you need to save up? there is only a couple of sets per class, it's usually pretty clear what one will be used. Only some cases like where sorcs healer set(s) kind of sucks do you even actually have to think about whether you want to go the 4 piece and another 2 piece for more alacrity or maybe even just run gathering storm on healer too. For most classes it's a lot more straightforward
Well for example, I was about to gear up my VG after hearing positive things about them... then I realized it was just propaganda to crutch the argument against nerfing sins. They still have the same problems as always, great DPS, terrible survivability. So I'm glad I waited. And the only reason I waited was because I was able to store those pieces another character.

Another reason, and this is likely why it shouldn't be allowed, is that I was going to save a bunch on an alternate character for when they ultimately release new set bonus pieces/tacticals.

But mostly it's just because, outside of my main, I don't really know what's good/fun right now. Sure, we hear a lot of things about sins, lightning sorcs, Ops, but I might want to gear my healer, maybe my sniper, or my guardian. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to start working on next, and I wouldn't become sure until there's more literature out there, which is going to take some time.

Edit: and I thought I read that some of the tacticals / sets aren't even working.. I wanted to wait and see which ones are actually working in war zones before buying
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative
Huttball All-Star

Mycroft-Tarkin
11.14.2019 , 09:02 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by mjboehm View Post
What really sucks is now you have to roll the amplifiers on all your new stuff after today.
We're on the PVP forum. No one cares about the crafting amps here.

mjboehm
11.14.2019 , 09:40 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mycroft-Tarkin View Post
We're on the PVP forum. No one cares about the crafting amps here.
Screw crafting amplifier champions set lets you get weapons expertise and other stuff for PvP.

AndriusAjax
11.14.2019 , 09:51 AM | #26
I just finally got my Tech Wizardry amps all gold (well, 2 purple .9s) and I've noticed a pretty nice difference.

And I could be wrong here... But I think he's talking about the trick where you could buy a set bonus piece and amplify it five or so times to see if you got the one you want it... And if you didn't, refund it, buy it again to keep the amp price low, rinse repeat. I mean, it's only really useful for Amplified Champion pieces, not other set bonus pieces considering the amps on those shells are pretty meh.
Huttball All-Star

mjboehm
11.14.2019 , 10:06 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AndriusAjax View Post
I just finally got my Tech Wizardry amps all gold (well, 2 purple .9s) and I've noticed a pretty nice difference.

And I could be wrong here... But I think he's talking about the trick where you could buy a set bonus piece and amplify it five or so times to see if you got the one you want it... And if you didn't, refund it, buy it again to keep the amp price low, rinse repeat. I mean, it's only really useful for Amplified Champion pieces, not other set bonus pieces considering the amps on those shells are pretty meh.
I think it binds to you if you need with the amplifiers, but you didn't need to because you could just trade it back in if it didn't come with what you wanted. May take 30+ minutes to get what you wanted but it don't cost 1 extra credit.

TrixxieTriss
11.14.2019 , 10:29 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mjboehm View Post
Screw crafting amplifier champions set lets you get weapons expertise and other stuff for PvP.
This ^^

AndriusAjax
11.14.2019 , 11:20 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
A bit of notice would have been good so people don’t get burnt.
The ones already bought still have the timer. New ones bought do not.
Huttball All-Star

Gyronamics
11.14.2019 , 11:38 AM | #30
Isn't that nice of them
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018