Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Merc, Mara or Sniper for PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Merc, Mara or Sniper for PVP

BonnerFett's Avatar


BonnerFett
11.17.2019 , 01:34 PM | #1
Been playing my toons to decide on a main. I'm looking to improve in PVP as a returning player. Need help deciding on which toon to main. Looking for some feedback on which class would be a good choice.

I like all of them so I'm really torn.

bladech's Avatar


bladech
11.17.2019 , 03:11 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by BonnerFett View Post
Been playing my toons to decide on a main. I'm looking to improve in PVP as a returning player. Need help deciding on which toon to main. Looking for some feedback on which class would be a good choice.

I like all of them so I'm really torn.
Dec. sin is the only choice for dominating. OtHER CLASSES are useless now. Welcome back

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
11.17.2019 , 08:47 PM | #3
Operative or PT. Other classes are worthless now

KumbayaGOD's Avatar


KumbayaGOD
11.17.2019 , 09:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BonnerFett View Post
Been playing my toons to decide on a main. I'm looking to improve in PVP as a returning player. Need help deciding on which toon to main. Looking for some feedback on which class would be a good choice.

I like all of them so I'm really torn.
all there class are perfectly fine to play right now
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

BonnerFett's Avatar


BonnerFett
11.21.2019 , 07:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KumbayaGOD View Post
all there class are perfectly fine to play right now
I really feel like all classes are doing well. Ops and Deception SIn's are a cut above.

Looking for more feedback.

Glower's Avatar


Glower
11.21.2019 , 09:27 AM | #6
I would say stick with mara or merc unless you developed GG skills with sniper.
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

Csjbo's Avatar


Csjbo
11.21.2019 , 10:23 AM | #7
It all depends on playstyle. If you prefer melee, then obviously mara would be the right choice. There are some downsides of course....since you're melee, you're going to be adversely affected by cleave, you'll be targeted/cc'd more for no other reason than you're closer to the action and you'll be in taunt range more often than not. Ranged, assuming they're not getting tunneled has to worry more about their targets either inadvertently, or purposefully LOSing them.

If you want to play ranged, merc has more mobility and their DCD management is easier to reach a level of competency at. Sniper has the higher ceiling, but you're going to have to work for it, especially defensively.
Shashara | Espallalda | Alvilan | Zas'arod
Jaltina | Scathach | Gamora | Ridiane

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
11.21.2019 , 10:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Csjbo View Post
It all depends on playstyle. If you prefer melee, then obviously mara would be the right choice. There are some downsides of course....since you're melee, you're going to be adversely affected by cleave, you'll be targeted/cc'd more for no other reason than you're closer to the action and you'll be in taunt range more often than not. Ranged, assuming they're not getting tunneled has to worry more about their targets either inadvertently, or purposefully LOSing them.

If you want to play ranged, merc has more mobility and their DCD management is easier to reach a level of competency at. Sniper has the higher ceiling, but you're going to have to work for it, especially defensively.
Correct. I'll only add that people aren't talking about mercs very much because they didn't get any flashy set bonuses or tacticals like some other classes, but it's not like they got nerfed. I'm pretty sure they're still going to be very good in pvp.

BonnerFett's Avatar


BonnerFett
11.21.2019 , 10:53 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Csjbo View Post
It all depends on playstyle. If you prefer melee, then obviously mara would be the right choice. There are some downsides of course....since you're melee, you're going to be adversely affected by cleave, you'll be targeted/cc'd more for no other reason than you're closer to the action and you'll be in taunt range more often than not. Ranged, assuming they're not getting tunneled has to worry more about their targets either inadvertently, or purposefully LOSing them.

If you want to play ranged, merc has more mobility and their DCD management is easier to reach a level of competency at. Sniper has the higher ceiling, but you're going to have to work for it, especially defensively.
I'm leaning Sniper or Merc. I've played many classes in various MMO's, Sniper is just a very unique class. No doubt they can burst. I do like the mobility of Merc and Electronet is a very valuable tool in PVP. It definitely helps land kills.

When it comes to Merc I tend to prefer IO. Arsenal's rotation is a little boring for me.

I'd like to push some rated PVP this season. Difficult decision....

I appreciate all of the feedback.

mhobin's Avatar


mhobin
11.22.2019 , 06:48 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BonnerFett View Post
I'm leaning Sniper or Merc. I've played many classes in various MMO's, Sniper is just a very unique class. No doubt they can burst. I do like the mobility of Merc and Electronet is a very valuable tool in PVP. It definitely helps land kills.

When it comes to Merc I tend to prefer IO. Arsenal's rotation is a little boring for me.

I'd like to push some rated PVP this season. Difficult decision....

I appreciate all of the feedback.
Sniper is a much more difficult class to play at a high level. Mercs can still get away with face tanking because of their defensives.

A well played Sniper is the strongest spec in the game. However a well played Sniper is the rarest player in the game.